February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I've spent the morning working in the nursery. Got all the clothes above 3 months put into two bins...1 for 3-12 and one for 12+. Got pretty much everything put away minus the stuff that needs to be hung and the stuff that goes on the crib...which we still need to put together. I'm BEAT! I really need to pack the hospital bag too. I think I'll take a break and when Dh gets home ask him to bring in the Christmas boxes so I can finally get that all put away.

I literally have a LIST of things that I need to get done today. I've been cleaning since Sunday and it just seems like things that would normally take me a couple hours to do take the entire day. Yesterday it took me all day to fold clothes, and I end up only putting half of them away. The other half are still folded and sitting in the laundry basket :blush:

DH invited people over on Thursday (which worries me because that's when the cerclage comes out) so now I'm trying to run around and get things all organized for not only the little one, but for company too! I hate entertaining if I feel like my house is messy :dohh:

But DH has been a HUGE help lately though, he's been doing laundry and dishes and all sorts of things he normally doesn't do! I suppose he's nesting :haha:

Hehe...nesting instincts can be an early sign that baby is gonna come soon :D

I can so sympathise with the snoring thing. I don't normally snore I don't think but I've been keeping DH awake at night with frequent snores and grunts lol. I thought the sleep deprivation would be a few weeks away yet!

Hi I am due on the 23rd feb and for the past 4-5 days I have been having serious contraction pains. Sometimes they last for hours and other time they only last for half an hour. They have gone from being under my bump to now when I get them they are going straight accross my bump. I am getting so many in a day now and it is getting pretty uncomfortable. Midwife in the morning so hoping she can reassure me that This is just pre labor. As I would like to keep bubs inside at least till 37 weeks.

After already having a big bleed at 25 weeks and 2 steriod injections to develop his lungs I am hoping to have no more issues.

I've been snoring a lot lately too!! I even wake myself up from snoring and then i get all embarrassed :blush: DH doesn't seem to mind though. I dont know how he puts up with me :haha:

Welcome lesh! :wave:
I hope your MW can reassure you :hugs:
we are due the same day :D

I've spent the morning working in the nursery. Got all the clothes above 3 months put into two bins...1 for 3-12 and one for 12+. Got pretty much everything put away minus the stuff that needs to be hung and the stuff that goes on the crib...which we still need to put together. I'm BEAT! I really need to pack the hospital bag too. I think I'll take a break and when Dh gets home ask him to bring in the Christmas boxes so I can finally get that all put away.

I literally have a LIST of things that I need to get done today. I've been cleaning since Sunday and it just seems like things that would normally take me a couple hours to do take the entire day. Yesterday it took me all day to fold clothes, and I end up only putting half of them away. The other half are still folded and sitting in the laundry basket :blush:

DH invited people over on Thursday (which worries me because that's when the cerclage comes out) so now I'm trying to run around and get things all organized for not only the little one, but for company too! I hate entertaining if I feel like my house is messy :dohh:

But DH has been a HUGE help lately though, he's been doing laundry and dishes and all sorts of things he normally doesn't do! I suppose he's nesting :haha:

I know!! "All" I did today was the nursery and put away Christmas stuff but it literally took ALL day!! Crazy.

My Dh has been amazing lately, too! I think he feels bad. I'm very achy but also pretty darn sick. *sigh*

I have been having the cramps and pains lately too, but when I went last week they said my cervix is still closed.... nothing else! Hopefully this week, since I see the MW, she will tell me more than just closed.... like effaced some and dilated to like 1 :haha:

I think DH has been nesting... I certainly haven't been. Too tired (I wake up like 5 times at night) and cleaning up after the boys I don't think I would really notice a nesting feeling!!

Oh, even if you are dialated and effaced, it could still be late. I am 2+ cm dialated (have been since 31 weeks), and 75% effaced. My Dr. said that he could come early, or he could go past the due date...no way to dell. He is apparently a big baby, so I am hoping for the former, rather than the later!!!

yeah. it really is no indication...unfortunatly. I was 2cm and 50% effaced for weeks with my son...since 36 weeks and i still went to nearly 42! And then of course some women have no signs of this-at all, and BAM! labor starts. It could be soon, or it could be later...but it is exciting to think about progression!

It never ceases to blow my mind how different every pregnancy is. It's so fascinating. I was 1cm and 70% when I went into the hospital and ~24 hours later... baby Aria! :haha:

It looks like all us ladies are the same this week. I have been just trying to get the nursery organized and all the laundry done ( i had about 10 loads of baby clothes to do). :nope: .... not fun!

I have also been having a VERY sore throat and really stuffy in the morning when i get up... i have a humidifier but it doesnt seem to be helping!

Sounds like a lot of the Valentine mommas-to-be are nesting............ ;)

Ugh. I've been so stuffy lately. Feels like I'm getting sick but it never progresses. Guess I'm not complaining. I'd rather some congestion than a full-blown cold or sinus infection.

Hugs to all who need them.

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea, it's funny how just the smell takes me back to last time round with Ilana. I was drinking vats of the stuff!

I feel increasingly nervous about birth... Not the birth itself but not knowing if I will go naturally and not knowing when, if it does. The midwife was supportive but also said I need to decide if I will agree to induction at 14 days past MY dates (5 days later than theirs). I don't want to but am finding it hard to imagine being that late again (Ilana came out at 16 days past her date). I really really really hated the induction process though and every time I think of that it makes me shake my head and say 'no way!'

I guess I still feel I'm 'on the clock' - and I need to relax and just be patient.

On the grosser side, husband has had a dodgy stomach lately and every time I think I'll try to seduce him and try to get things going, he will release an unholy smell and put me right off!

Nice hubby Becstar! My husband was particularly "fragrant" last night, although that is just a common occurance for him. I swear it's because he eats way too quick.

Yeay I'm full term today!! I'm so proud of my body, I've grown a whole baby! Now just to get it out safely, and preferably not before I finish work (a week on Friday, eeek!)

Congrats on full term!

Aria nursed a little today without the shield. :) :dance: it frustrated her at first but we are getting there. Yay!

good news all round:thumbup:

welcome to the group lesh, hope your mw appt went well

well done Aria on nursing better every day

congrats on 37 weeks monkey, any day now...

well done to everyone and their OH for nesting - zombie, jp, junebugs, anyone else I forgot, I'm halfway through getting things ready which means it's messier than when I started! have pre washed all our new cloth nappies and to make up te loads I have washed all the new baby clothes bedding and toys so now have LOADS of this to do :iron:!!

Trying to clear all the junk out of the house so going to take carpet offcuts to the tip, unwanted gifts to the charity shop then post some things I sold on ebay

becstar, I know just how you feel, we're getting so close now, I've already declined a the sweep they offer at 40 weeks and trying not to think too much about what will happen at the subsequent appointments. Trying to get the house as sorted as possible then hopefully feeling relaxed and ready will be enough to kick start things... fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->