February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ooo, thanks for sharing! I'm an Amazon freak, I'll have to get that. :) I know my nurses told me STAY OFF GOOGLE so I'm trying the best that I can, but there are just some questions that need to be asked. :lol: I'm trying to research on my own in moderation, and mostly just ask people here. :)

And this was mentioned awhile back, but I was just too fuzzy to muster a response - do we want a thread made in the groups and discussions portion for us to make the move when all our babies arrive? If so, I'll gladly make one since I'm now home and will be surfing frequently - BNB is the best way to spend idle time in the late-night hours when my snoozer is being a lazy nurser ;) Didn't know if you ladies wanted to stay here, or were hoping for a board elsewhere for our down the road journeys. I know I, personally, love coming back to the people with whom I'm comfortable and have learned a lot from already, but I didn't want to be presumptuous and just make a thread without asking. :thumbup:

Thoughts???

Ooo, thanks for sharing! I'm an Amazon freak, I'll have to get that. :) I know my nurses told me STAY OFF GOOGLE so I'm trying the best that I can, but there are just some questions that need to be asked. :lol: I'm trying to research on my own in moderation, and mostly just ask people here. :)

And this was mentioned awhile back, but I was just too fuzzy to muster a response - do we want a thread made in the groups and discussions portion for us to make the move when all our babies arrive? If so, I'll gladly make one since I'm now home and will be surfing frequently - BNB is the best way to spend idle time in the late-night hours when my snoozer is being a lazy nurser ;) Didn't know if you ladies wanted to stay here, or were hoping for a board elsewhere for our down the road journeys. I know I, personally, love coming back to the people with whom I'm comfortable and have learned a lot from already, but I didn't want to be presumptuous and just make a thread without asking. :thumbup:

Thoughts???

yes go for it, can't wait to join you over there...:thumbup:

Keep it up! you are doing wonderful :D
The first 3 months are what i like to call the "4th trimester". It will get easier after that. I highly recommend the DVD "Happiest Baby on the Block". I think ALL parents should watch it! you can get it off Amazon for about $10 and its really the best parenting tool ive ever had! lol I actually share it with my students in my child birth ed classes.

I love the book, I read the old version (cuddle cure) or someting like that, but same principles, I think it's great

Thoughts???

yes go for it, can't wait to join you over there...:thumbup:

Keep it up! you are doing wonderful :D
The first 3 months are what i like to call the "4th trimester". It will get easier after that. I highly recommend the DVD "Happiest Baby on the Block". I think ALL parents should watch it! you can get it off Amazon for about $10 and its really the best parenting tool ive ever had! lol I actually share it with my students in my child birth ed classes.

I love the book, I read the old version (cuddle cure) or someting like that, but same principles, I think it's great

I read the book too :) They are both excellent. The video was good for the visuals...it was tough for me to figure out the folds to wrap the baby up, so i liked that. but both are invaluable. I think everyone should get them when they leave the hospital or have a homebirth lol

I'd love a parenting group too. My old March '09 mums club is still going strong!

Thanks RedHead! And welcome back! :) How are things with you, love?

I love seeing everyone's tickers wind down to the end. :happydance: This is so exciting!!

I'm doing quite well. All bags are packed...have everything we need for her...just playing the waiting game.:)

Your picture makes my heart melt...She is BEAUTIFUL.:cloud9:

Happy Full TERM to all the 37 weekers! I joined you today!

swan, LOVELOVELOVE aria in your avitar :) whatttt a beauty!!!!!

guppy, im going to check the video for that out too :)
I was recommended "the baby whisperer solves all your problems" as well (book form) i picked it up, and LOVE it!!!! so many tips already that i'd never have thought of!!! it isn't for everyone.. but i don't plan to do co-sleeping so its EXACTLY what i was looking for!!!!

I am looking forward to a continued parenting group with all of us. Sometimes I feel like I don't give enough input to really be a part of what's going on...but with this being my first, I feel like I don't have much to offer!! Honestly, I feel I have been blessed with a pretty easy pregnancy, (we'll see how labor goes :haha:) but I know with a parenting group after she is here, I will have all kinds of questions!!! You are all a great group of ladies!

The only thing that would make this better is if we all lived in the same area so we could have play dates! :)

redheadbabies; i feel exactly the same. lol. its my first, and i've had it pretty easy... but a baby group would be AMAZING... because i'm prettyyyyy sure i'll have tonnes of questions! my mum passed away a year and a half ago, so it's nice to be able to get mama advice from some other reliable sources. GOOGLE SCARES ME! hahaha

I am in the middle of the boom Happiest Baby on the Block and DH and I have plans to watch the DVD tomorrow! So far I feel like I've learned a lot!

I have been sooooo exhausted today! I slept almost all day! Thank goodness I have tomorrow off for Martin Luther King day... I still feel drained!

boom https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a.html#post15028409

:D

I just realized so far all of the babies born have been girls!

I want my baby to come so i can join that thread! lol

I've been reading along ladies just a little busy to post about everything. Glad aria is doing so well. Excited for the rest of us!!! I wanna continue this group forever and have abig group play date some weekend in a hotel that isn't too far for everyone! Wouldn't that be fun!!! Well I can dream :)
Talk to you guys soon oooo and 2 days a go in the tub I saw some boob leakage yay

eeeep!
CAN'T BELIEVE WE'VE HAD TO START A BABY THREAD.
that just made it SUPER real. hahaha. so excited! SO NERVOUS!

Okay I'm embarrassed to ask this, but I have like... the world's dumbest question...

We've been logging all feedings, pees and poops just like they had us do in the hospital, so I can keep track of her and everything. It works well for me, because my brain is still fried. :rofl: But... my mom and I are having... "issues" sometimes determining if she's peeing enough. She poops anywhere from 6-10 times a day, and sometimes it's easy to tell that she also peed in her diaper when she pooped... but other times it's impossible to tell! And they're stressing the dehydration thing, so we're thinking, "Okay well she's pooping a lot, she's obviously getting food..." but is it safe to assume that she's also peeing in there even if we can't tell?

Sorry... I feel like such a n00b right now, but we're so stumped. Mom's like, "We never had to do this when you were a baby... so I never paid quite as much attention to what was in the diaper, just whether or not it was clean..." :lol:

I was having the same issue and my midwife told me for the pooed nappies close them up and rip the outside. the fluffy inside goes bright yellow even at the smallest bit of wee.

Thoughts???

A fabulous idea and am all for it.:thumbup:

Thanks for creating a new group!!! Can't wait until we're all over there!! Woohoo!!

Productive day today! We planned to just go to Babies R Us. We did go there...got some fun stuff! I have a 20% off coupon that can be used on a swing but it's only good this weekend. Well, the swing I Really want isn't sold in the darn store. We tried to order it through the store...nope. Sucks. Ah well. Got some other goodies though. Then we went to Savers which is a second hand place and got some baby books and outfits...love finding nice stuff for super cheap!! We're going to the one closer to our house tomorrow because the clothes are 50% off tomorrow! Thennnnn we ran into Best Buy real quick. On our way home we stopped at Michaels and I grabbed some scrapbook paper on clearance and some wooden letters to paint and hang in his room. They didn't have the darn "i" for his name, though, so we need to keep checking back. *sigh*

When we got home we put together his second book shelf so tomorrow we'll get that into place and I'll hopefully get his room mostly put together so that we can get the crib together by next weekend! We also have my Doc appt in the afternoon and need to put the Christmas stuff away!

I know this is trivial in the scheme of things and that many women would be glad to have this problem, truly... But last night I found some stretch marks on my tummy, really angry red ones, and more this morning. I had none last time and none until now and feel so upset. I know it is silly...

*hugs* becs. They will fade with time. It's hard to 'appreciate' them, but eventually you'll not notice them so much or maybe even let them remind you of your pregnancy journey and how special it was. I have had no new ones this time (yet!) but my tummy was covered last time. X

Thanks tigger... I feel a bit pathetic moaning about them, it's just I've been feeling really ill the last day or so, we had my step son over yesterday who is very hard work, and I kept waking in the night, unable to get back to sleep. I am shattered and the stretchies were just the icing on the cake!!

I also keep getting these weird pains and getting secretly excited, whereas I know really that they are nothing and I will go a couple of weeks overdue again.

Lord, I am full of joy today, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->