February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Just wanted to update everyone that we had our baby girl, Cameryn Olivia, this morning at 4:17am after 5 hours of labor. I was already past 7cm dilated when we got to the hospital. She weighed 6lbs exactly and measured at 18 1/2 inches. We are so blessed and I will post pictures once we get back home tomorrow! I am so beyond happy!

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Congratulations, KJ!! Can't wait to see pics!!

JP-- I think it really does depend on the hospital, but I think most in the US will provide everything for baby while you're in-- diapers and wipes and formula if you use it, and huge pads for you. Even clothes for the baby to wear while you're there-- A L&D nurse I know said they actually prefer for moms not to dress the baby in clothes from home until they're being discharged because then they can recognize their babies (the ones that belong there in the ward as opposed to visiting babies) at a glance.

I don't know how many babies actually visit... but that's what she said. :)

I don't wear nightgowns either... but I just wore a hospital gown while I was in. I put pants and a t-shirt on when I was going home, but I would not have wanted to put pants on before that. I did have a c-section, but I'm not sure how much difference that would have made. I think a nightie would be more comfy postpartum no matter how you get the baby out.

Good point about the baby clothes during the stay!!
I'll probably just stay in the hospital gown, lol. I'll look through my pajama bin to see if maybe I have a nightie that my mom gave me or something...I really don't think so!! Haha!

Congrats KJ! I can't wait to see a photo of our newest Valentine! :hugs: Rest up and enjoy! xoxo

Ellitigg, I thought pitocin was evil. :lol: I was given a small dose to try and regulate my contractions because my labor was lasting so long, the doctors were concerned about my exhaustion levels even though I swore I was fine... and that (the pit) just made it worse. I got to 8cm before they needed to give me an epidural, because my body was so physically exhausted, I never would have been able to push Aria out of me. The contractions were ten times more painful, came so fast and so fiercely. My husband and I believe that had I not had pitocin, I would not have needed an epidural. But the doctors made their judgement call based on how long I'd already been in labor, and how much I was struggling to get my contractions regulated. They delayed for quite some time and I was grateful for that, but it was still not pleasant. lol. Next time, I will keep my wits about me and refuse the pitocin - I had researched it beforehand, but was getting so emotional (blaming myself for why my labor was taking so long... clearly a bit strung on hormones haha) that I permitted them to 'assist' and well, it went crazy painful downhill from there. xDD

JP, I'd ask but my hospital gave me everything I needed - pads, chucks, undies, etc. so I didn't need to worry at all about that. :)

Just wanted to update everyone that we had our baby girl, Cameryn Olivia, this morning at 4:17am after 5 hours of labor. I was already past 7cm dilated when we got to the hospital. She weighed 6lbs exactly and measured at 18 1/2 inches. We are so blessed and I will post pictures once we get back home tomorrow! I am so beyond happy!

Congrats Kj and welcome to another little Valentine.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats KJ!! Hope you are both doing well!! :hugs:

JP, I took some pants jammas so that I could get up and walk around the hospital, as my hospital makes you get up and walk around before you can be discharged (so like the night before). And I took a long shirt kind of nightgown.... You want something that can be easily lifted, they will check to make sure that your uterus is shrinking back down as it is supposed to. As for nursing pads, my hospital has a box of them in the room for me to use, as well as diaper and wipes. They supplied fishnet type of panties for use with the HUGE pads, and they even had awesome ice pack pads that helped with swelling and pain!

Congrats on the arrival of sweet Cameryn!! Glad mom and baby are doing well. Can't wait to see pictures!!!! :wohoo:

Hey ladies.. had my 34 week appt and had an internal due to contractions and pain and such down below.. am 1cm dilated.. dr said he thinks it will still be a few weeks though so hoping he is right.. lol.. did the gbs in case baby comes early.. next appt is feb 1st, so last two weeks.. will have another internal if i have been contracting.. which im sure i will be since i have been for awhile on and off.. wait and see now..

I still have a pair or two of meshies that they sent home with me.... :rofl: :rofl:

I think I may wear them for hubby once I get my clearance to have sex again (Valentines Day, as it were...) :haha: ;)

:rofl: @ swan!!
Mine of course got thrown away... too bad, 'cause I'm sure Dh would've loved them for V-day!! :haha:
...Not that it's going to be any sort of magical, romantic evening... I'll be 38 weeks pregnant... and NOT trying to induce... so no :sex: happening here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->