February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Second to last day at work today - thank god!
Im getting so bored sat here every day with so little to do......I cant start a proper job as it will take me longer than 2 days to complete......and later they are sending me out shopping to get sugar, coffee and cleaning stuff etc. Do they not realise how much of a pain in the arse it is to waddle into town to the supermarket and back again?!?!? grrrrrr!

Second to last day at work today - thank god!
Im getting so bored sat here every day with so little to do......I cant start a proper job as it will take me longer than 2 days to complete......and later they are sending me out shopping to get sugar, coffee and cleaning stuff etc. Do they not realise how much of a pain in the arse it is to waddle into town to the supermarket and back again?!?!? grrrrrr!

Hehe they probably figure that'll keep you busy for awhile... :hugs:

Congrats KJ!! :)

I started having proper contractions last night, they got to 6 mins apart, were strong (not super long though) so I forced myself to sleep and lo and behold, nothing this morning. Damn. Hopefully they did something though, since they were that strong.

I'd love if someone could take DD today so I could get on with some cleaning up/prepping!

Is it bad that Valentine's Day is the only reason I want Addy to be late? It is DH and I's 4th wedding anniversary, that means no getting lucky if she comes a little early or on time! :haha:

Is it bad that Valentine's Day is the only reason I want Addy to be late? It is DH and I's 4th wedding anniversary, that means no getting lucky if she comes a little early or on time! :haha:

your DH is a lucky guy! thats the furthest thing from my mind right now... LOL!!! :haha:

congrats KJ, another :pink:, when are all the boys going to get here?!!

Just wondering as I've never done this before...what's bad about being induced? Is it more painful? I have a consultant appt next week and they're thinking about inducing if I go over 40 weeks because my fundal measurements are so small.

Just depends on how its done. I would DEF read up and really understand the induction process before agreeing to it. I think they may induction slightly differently in the states, but here you usually get pitocin, at some point...that stuff, IMO is Satan in a Bag....unlike naturally progressing labor, pitocin contractions come out of no where-they dont build like natural contractions. They are usually more powerful, stronger, longer, closer together, and more frequent....i only know two women who had pit and didn't end up with an Epi..however, all women are different. That may not be your experience. Maybe it will go really well and you wont think anything of it. Its all a matter of perspective...but id say in general it is more painful...of course, there are meds for that, but one intervention after the next is something to ponder.

P.S. i dont know your situation, but fundal height can be off in any direction by 2 weeks...and even then sometimes its not accurate, and towards the end if the baby drops down at all, it can make the FH smaller than it actually is. Not to mention some women dont make big babies! Im hardly 5 foot 1. DS was only 7lbs and 10oz at birth...i was almost 42 weeks! But he was perfectly healthy! Just like adults come in all shapes and sizes, so do babies ;) ..FH alone, personally i wouldnt induce for that reason, but thats something you have to decide.

My main reason for avoiding induction if possible is that once you've started e.g. with the pessary you are then 'on the clock' and hospital staff tend to be timing progress/ wanting to move things on- so like bec says it can lead to more and more intervention, once you've had the pessary that makes manual rupture of membranes more likely and epi more likely and c section more likely. also any drugs cross the placenta and go into the baby so I want to avoid if poss.

and junebugs - I agree with guppy, lots of people have sweeps that don't work and say they only work if labour is iminent anyway so I figure if it's about to happen anyway why not just wait? I've already declined sweep at 40 weeks which is offered routinely here, I wouldn't consider it until 42 weeks (unless I get really fed up in next 2 weeks!)

only one day of work left dizzy, that's great x

your DH is a lucky guy! thats the furthest thing from my mind right now... LOL!!! :haha:

:haha: looking at our track record for the last 2 weeks or so, he would probably disagree! One of us is definitely exhausted all of the time (he's been asleep every night this week at least an hour ahead of me). I just like to think of it as a way to encourage labor!! :haha:

:haha: Nerd!
My DH mocks me about it... but I always tell my mom when my BnB friends have babies or get BFP's. :blush:

Well, dr's appt today went well. Everything is good, and I now have my section date: Feb 22! :happydance:

:blush: so glad im not alone haha

Yay for baby coming date!! :yipee: is it totally more real now that you have a date?!

OH always asks me too, "how many more babies were born??" He was fascinated how many we've had so far, and that it's not just the 'due first' babies coming. lol. He's like, "I'm learning more about this baby thing everyday just from hearing about your group of friends online!" :rofl:

Eep my Christmas bonus was just sent to my account! :dance: Woot, what timing! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->