February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

monkey-- I never noticed DS hiccuping in the womb. Which isn't to say he didn't do it, but I never felt it. So I don't think the two are necessarily related. I hope not, anyway, or both our babies are going to be crazy hiccuppers!!

Aria hiccuped a lot in the womb, at least 3-5 x a day and at first she had hiccups about as often. She's getting better now though lol.

:wave: Did ya miss me?...........

Im finally back online Girls :yipee:

Its 11.40pm here now though, so off to :sleep: Catch up with you all soon

Anyone put me the updates into a nutshell please, as im pretty sure I wont be able to read back almost 2 weeks!! :coffee:

Yup my LO is hiccuping constantly! Now that I'm nearly due, they are so strong that my DH can feel them too. A lot of the time it seems to be caused by me eating or drinking but I've also noticed them a lot when I sit or lie down. I'm hoping that just means LO has a strong diaphragm :D

congrats on Alaina's arrival!!!
Is it just me or are the girl babies in this group ready to meet their mamas! lol

Congrats BabyA!!!!! :happydance:

So I got the Cervical Cerclage was removed yesterday :happydance: but I didn't dilate at all like I was hoping I would :( So now I just wait :)

Congrats BabyA!! :hugs:

Kelly, welcome back to us!! :wave: In a nut shell we have had Swan, RJ2, KJ, and BabyA deliver their little girls. I feel like I am forgetting someone from the last 2 weeks.... if I am I am sincerely sorry (brain isn't functioning properly at this point)!

AFM: today was a Drs appointment, I gained back my 3lbs I had lost. Addy's heartbeat was in the 160s and she is measuring at 35.5cm. My next appt. is on Thursday (26th) at 1115, and I am going to be getting checked again (MW didn't check today) :happydance:

congrats babyA!!!!!

RJ- they told me in the nicu that babies in general just get the hiccups a lot. My two get them quite a bit - before, during, after feedings - and it breaks my heart hearing them hiccup so I know what you are talking about. but I guess it's just normal and they keep telling me the hiccups bother me more than they do the girls.

sorry to hear about your week suzzle - hope the weekend is better

guppy - it turns out the girls may be coming home in the next few days. The food fairy arrived and suddenly they both figured out the suck, swallow, breathe process. They call it the food fairy in the NICU because just out of the blue they figure out how to do it, almost like magic. And it's true it is kinda like magic. Usually you don't see the process because it happens while they are still in the womb. So yeah, they told me Cassandra will either come home tomorrow or Sunday and Heather just a day or two after. So I'm excited and terrified at the same time =)

Congrats BabyA!!! Wonderful news. And Tobaira, I'm glad the fairy has been!

Monkey, La had hiccups every night around 10ish in the womb and then the first few weeks outside, too!

All ok here, had a toddler sleeping on my chest for the last 2 nights so I'm shattered and in bed already (8pm!). Poor La has had a nasty cough that made her wake screaming and today got a fever too. The nurse couldn't see an obvious infection but gave her antibiotics as her ear was a bit pink and her tonsils enlarged, so let's hope she gets better quickly. She lay on the sofa cuddling me for 2 hours watching tv earlier, that's not like my ball of energy at all!

Yay! thats so very exciting Tobaira! Im so happy for you! and so glad to hear the Food Fairy made her appearance!

CONGRATZ BABY A!!

YAY Tobaria!! That is great news!!!!

Kelly i was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how everything was going with you!!! Happy to see that you are back!

Tobaira that's great news!!!! You must be so happy! So glad the food fairy arrived :)

------ omg ladies my weight gain has sped up! Ahhhh! The last three weeks I have gained 2-3lbs per weeks. I had been pretty consistent at 1lb per week. My total is now up to 33lbs at 36 weeks pregnant... I was average size pre-pregnancy. Is this ok? I'm just worried if I keep gaining at this rate I'll put on another 10lbs in the last month alone! :O

Jokerette, as long as you are eating healthy and doing safe exercising, then its perfect!
...i hate how doctors push the guidelines...every body and every pregnancy is different. As long as you are getting good foods and remaining safely active, your body will gain how it needs to. no worries :flower:

i know with DS thats how i gained towards the end as well. then around week 40 I remained stable and i didnt gain.

Congratulations BabyAngelic!! Another baby girl in the group :)

RJ2 - I don't have any advice, but did Charlie get a lot of hiccups in the womb? Just wondering because my baby hiccups at least twice a day for a good 5 minutes, so wondering if I need to prepare myself?!

Not particularly no. I can't remember who suggested it but I've been feeding her when she gets them and the disappear pretty quick.

Welcome back Kelly.

Congrats BabyA! :)

Reading about babies having hiccups in and out of the womb on here seems to have started Peawich off :lol: She's been REALLY quiet today and for the past couple of days I've been having really painful gas pains, lots of gas, going to the bathroom a lot (though I'm still constipated, not having loose stools like I did when I was in labour with E) and having sciatic pains, generally, rather than just when I need to poop :blush: I think Peawich has dropped down further and I'm hoping the excess gas/needing to poop more often could be my body getting ready to clear out... Otherwise I may have a stomach bug :lol: I was seriously shivery last night and feeling like I was going to throw up when the urge to go to the bathroom hit me... No fever or anything btw. Just weird!

Would be handy for labour to start this weekend, as then DH gets a longer period of time off with me and there's definitely going to be someone to take E this weekend (as opposed to mid week when everyone is working!!!). I dunno though, I'm going between labour feeling imminent and then thinking I'm going to at least get into week 39 again... We'll see what happens. Gonna be trying a few different things this weekend to see if we can get anything proper going, including forcing DH (who hates feet) to give me a good foot/leg massage :haha::D

Night, I am with you on the bathroom situation! I have been having so many problems, but thankfully last night it decided to let me have a little relief. At this point I would accept a little tummy bug to feel better. You are a week and a half ahead of me, so I am KMFX for you to be getting lucky!! :hugs:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention... so I just started having sciatic nerve pain. Anyone else having that? Its been a shooting paint starting in my butt cheek radiating down my leg. oh the joys of pregnancy ;) But, I'm not ungrateful and i wouldnt trade it for anything... i keep reminding myself its all for Kenny

The toughest thing about the sciatic nerve pain is that it mostly happens right when I sit down on the toilet... bad timing because then I want to jump and straighten my leg but of course I can't! LOL

-------------------

nightkd- hope we see a birth update from you soon! :) fingers crossed for you! :) you dont have much longer until your due date so it could be soon.

Zombiekitten- hope youre doing well with the cerclage out! Thats pretty exciting and it could be soon for you too!

Guppy- thanks as always for your advice :)

Congrats BabyA! :)

Reading about babies having hiccups in and out of the womb on here seems to have started Peawich off :lol: She's been REALLY quiet today and for the past couple of days I've been having really painful gas pains, lots of gas, going to the bathroom a lot (though I'm still constipated, not having loose stools like I did when I was in labour with E) and having sciatic pains, generally, rather than just when I need to poop :blush: I think Peawich has dropped down further and I'm hoping the excess gas/needing to poop more often could be my body getting ready to clear out... Otherwise I may have a stomach bug :lol: I was seriously shivery last night and feeling like I was going to throw up when the urge to go to the bathroom hit me... No fever or anything btw. Just weird!

Would be handy for labour to start this weekend, as then DH gets a longer period of time off with me and there's definitely going to be someone to take E this weekend (as opposed to mid week when everyone is working!!!). I dunno though, I'm going between labour feeling imminent and then thinking I'm going to at least get into week 39 again... We'll see what happens. Gonna be trying a few different things this weekend to see if we can get anything proper going, including forcing DH (who hates feet) to give me a good foot/leg massage :haha::D

I have been feeling like that all day today. I felt like i am going to vomit on top of this cold i already have (head cold)

Welcome back Kelly! :wave:

Jokerette, I wouldn't worry. Like Guppy said, as long as you're being aware of what you're eating and doing, it's NBD, imo. I gained almost 50 pounds and remember how much my doctors gave me crap for it, and how stressed I was, etc? I only have 17 more to lose now. :thumbup: So screw it. :) Just be as healthy as you can be and you'll be golden! :D :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->