February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hello ladies!! I've been feeling much better the past 2 days...though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. *sigh* Hopefully it's a good thing as I still have another week until my next appt.

Yesterday we spent the day on the river and today should be super fun with yummy food and fireworks!

Hope everyone is doing well!

:wave: After a shocking weekend of sickness (completely new experience to me, never had it so badly with DD1), I am pleased to report I feel much better today. Still a little :sick: but not half as bad! :dance:

Hope you're all well! (Or as well as can be expected!)

I have a question for you American ladies.... how many scans do you get generally? Just out of interest, since a lot of you seem to have multiple early ones... :flower:

My office only does about 3 or 4 total, unless there is a need for more (such as problems or high-risk pregnancies).... Most offices around here will do that many, and you will get an extra one if you are over-due and are undergoing the stress test

No problem!! That is what we are all on here for, get the support from each other and to learn things from each other!! :hugs:

Thanks! Like I said, was just curious. :flower:

That's what I find so interesting about this site, finding out how things ae done in different countries and even diff parts of this country. tiggertea, I'll just be having the 12 and 20 week scan providing all goes well, is this the same fo you?

Had a busy week and a vey lazy sunday, only up for 12 hours and had 2 naps! can just about keep going through the week then crash at the weekends. Only 9 days to scan:happydance: so excited but will then have to tell work and I'll be leaving 5 clients who live too far away to continue working with, been with some of them since 2003 so will be sad but for happy reason so not too bad.

:hugs: suzielou3 and amandad hope your feeling better soon xx

Yes, that's what's supposed to be standard here too, though with DD1 there was a baby boom and they dropped the NHS 12 week one :shock: We paid for private care though, so had the option of a scan most times we met with the consultant. Being a worrier it really put my mind at ease, knowing that was available to me. :blush:

It is amazing to find out how things work in other countries. My SIL just had her baby on 6/30, where I am most mothers stay in the hospital at least 1-2 days, and she went home the same day as she had the baby! It is amazing how things can be different. My SIL had a few more scans than a lot of her friends, as her previous pregnancy turned into a molar pregnancy at 4-5 months pregnant... it was very sad!

:wave: After a shocking weekend of sickness (completely new experience to me, never had it so badly with DD1), I am pleased to report I feel much better today. Still a little :sick: but not half as bad! :dance:

Hope you're all well! (Or as well as can be expected!)

I have a question for you American ladies.... how many scans do you get generally? Just out of interest, since a lot of you seem to have multiple early ones... :flower:

I'll be getting 3, unless more are needed. But I think even that is odd. Since I had a mc last time, this time they got me right in for a scan around 8 wks. I go back in a week (2 wks from last scan) to make sure baby is growing as it's supposed to. If it is, I won't get another until the sex scan (which insurance doesn't pay for, but it's only about 85$, so that's okay).

UK ladies, how long did it take to get your scan appointment letter after your first midwife appointment? I saw the midwife last Tuesday and she said she'd do the referral. I'm so impatient, I want my scan date!

I still have a horrible itchy rash all over my tummy and it's moving to the top of my legs now :( sucks!

UK ladies, how long did it take to get your scan appointment letter after your first midwife appointment? I saw the midwife last Tuesday and she said she'd do the referral. I'm so impatient, I want my scan date!

I still have a horrible itchy rash all over my tummy and it's moving to the top of my legs now :( sucks!

I had my appointment on the Wednesday and the letter came though on the Monday! I think last time it took a week.

I had appt 17th June, I was 8+2 and the letter came about 9 days later, (can't remember exactly when sorry) scan date I'll be 12 wk exactly. So excited, deff bulge now, called it podge :)

How is everyone today??
Im not really feeling it today, its been 18yrs since i lost my dad to cancer, so feeling low, but trying to stay positive for everyone around me and the baby of course. Might just spoil my lil man and go out some where today try and take my mind off things...

Junebugs that site is amazing thanks for sharing xx

Big :hugs: ... Def. take yourself out . I know no matter what you do though it is still hard to get your mind off it.

im slightly nervous today, i have dabetic clinic tomorrow they deal with my pregnancy rather than a midwife or doctor i havent yet told any health professionals im pregnant :-/ i have a six month old and will get shouted at by them also when i tel them i will be given a scan ASAP!!! this terrifies me what if theres no HB???? and if baby is ok is there obly 1???? and also it then makes it VERY real!!!!

Don't let them intimidate you, just tell them that it was a decision, not theirs to make. Yes, you know how hard it is to handle a pregnancy with diabetes, but that you are ready to do it again!! Don't stress over the ultrasound, everything will be okay. :hug:
Just take a deep breath before you go into the office and remember that many women around the world get pregnant very shortly after they have one. Many of them do it while they have other medical issues as well!! KMFX that it will be a FANTASTIC visit. :flower:

I am a blueberry today lol. My son said from the ticker I have on my phone that it looks like a baby dinosaur.
My parents were away for the weekend and cane back with a dress and pink sweater for the baby but ummm we don't know what it is yet I keep saying. She said your father is convinced it's a girl and he is never sure of anything. KMFX
I can't get hyped up about it or I might get dissapointed although my son is the light of my world who does not one of each? This is my last shot so...... We shall see.
Hope u all are well kisses

I understand Saphire - my last shot too and I really would love a girl. Not to mention, everyone I know is rooting for a girl so it feels like alot of pressure @.@ My son is my absolute world though, couldn't wish for a better baby.

I haven't been on this thread in a while, been too nervous as have had spotting on several ocassions. Had a scan at 7 weeks though that revealed a baby bang on target time with a heatbeat =)

Homing in on 8 weeks and I'm really sick, can't sleep, and nothing feels good to eat. I've actually lost weight lol It's all for the greater good. It's funny how quickly after birth you forget just how terrible first trimester is, then when you're in it again, it all comes flooding back lmao.

maybe this is a stupid question....but what do you mean it's your last shot? how do you know this is going to be the last one?

I have now told my most important Family & Friends our news....So now I can announce it officially on here

Im pregnant!....:wohoo:

Im due on Valentines day :kiss:

Would love to join all you ladies if ya'll have me :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back