Feeding and sleeping...

ShadowSeer

Mummy to Savannah.
Reaction score
Hi ladies. Ive got a couple of things I need help with...

My LO is currently feeding randomly. To begin with, I had her in a good routine, having 5 feeds (70 - 80mls) during the morning/daytime and 3 (90mls) at night. The past 2 days, its gone crazy. She never finishes her bottle as she usually does, and wants feeding every hour, but only takes 40 - 50mls at a time...Does anyone know why?

This has also had an effect on her sleeping pattern. She was going to bed at 8 - 9pm, and waking for her feeds at 12, 4 and 8. But with her wanting feeding every hour, Im not getting ANY sleep what so ever! Any idea's on how to get her back on track?

Thank you. :flower:

First of all, she is just ADORABLE. As for the eating and sleeping.... I'm afraid to tell you, but mine are 7 1/2 months actual age and waking every hour at night to eat and eating randomly in the day, too. There was a time when they were on a great routine. *sigh* It could be growth spurts where they need extra calories... whatever it is, I think we have to stick it out because their bodies have changing needs. YOu can try shaping things back in increments, but I have found that I have to let mine set the pace as they obviously have changing needs. I know it is hard, but you will get through it and it when it finally gets better we will probably forget how hard this all was. xo

The one constant with a baby's routine is that there are no constants to a baby's routine! :lol: Once you think you have the pattern down, they switch it up- It will pass and settle again, but most likely different than before- Until then, get as much help as you can so you can get in a nap here and there, mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->