Feeding to Sleep still needed?

hopeful4bfp

Reaction score
I don't know if I am just feeding her to sleep out of habit or if she really needs it to settle. There are times that she just lays down either at my feet or even in my arms and just falls asleep. Her daddy will take her outside and walk around for a few minutes if she is fighting sleep, and she just knocks out. Some times she wont stop moving long enough to fall asleep unless she is eating but falls asleep before really drinking anything. Should just try to eliminate the bed time bottle all together or continue to make it and let her drink what she wants?

I think it's down to you tbh and they way in which you want her to fall asleep and where.

I used to bf my lo to sleep out of habit but then moving her to her cot asleep turned into a nightmare as she would wake up and just scream and it was putting my back out.

We switched to a bottle and started putting her down awake with her nightlight. The first week wasn't good as she would cry a lot before settling so took a lot for us to try and calm her to sleep but now she will have her bottle in her cot, then settle herself. So much easier!

I think it depends on what you're happy with though xx

I feed my lo to sleep on a bedtime. sometimes he's happy to feed and then will lay beside me and go to sleep on his own. sometimes get cuddles right in and need to be fed to sleep. at this age it's about whatever works while it works as you can guarantee you'll just get something figured and then they change again

Can you give her the bottle elsewhere so she still gets the drink but doesn't fall asleep with it? Or in a cup - sorry don't know LO's age.

she is 7 months.. I dont think that she actually needs the feed, I think I just make it out of habit or to just get her to sit still long enough to fall asleep

Is she sleeping well through the night? If she is, no need to change anything yet IMO :flower: feeding to sleep is mostly a problem when it turns into an association that disrupts sleep. You'll have to brush her teeth after her last drink of milk eventually, but I don't think you need to worry about that yet.

I bf to sleep until my LO decides to stay awake after. He's currently 8 months and happy to feed to sleep. My first fed to sleep until sometime past 1 year and then started to be awake after feeding. By 15 months he was putting himself to sleep at night. I'm more than happy to feed to sleep for as long as it works.

My LO only just recently stopped feeding to sleep on her bottle last few weeks, only for the night time bottle. She did 12 hours afterwards. I didn't even think it was a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->