Feeds?

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering how much your babies were eating at a week old? Isis is only eating about 1.5oz-2oz every 3-4 hours. Just worried that this might not be enough? Her first check up is on Monday, really hoping she's gained weight.:wacko:

Same as hun ....

Couple of weeks old they suggested I changed teats - What bottles are you using?

I used Tommee but the teats are stage 1 0+, stage 2 3mnths+ so I went to Avent for a couple of weeks as stage 1 is 0+ and stage 2 is 1mnth+

Hope that makes sense x

I'm using the Nuby ones I got at walmart and evenflo glass ones. It didn't have any stages on it I don't think. Does the bottle make a difference? I thought it could be the teats too as we were using the ones that came with the bottles, it seemed like she was having trouble with the flow (was too fast) and was fighting the bottle when it came time to eat. So we got Gerber newborn slow flow ones last night and they seem too fast for her too. She's still choking on it sometimes but not as much as the other ones. Should I try other teats? any recommendations?

Ahhh doh your not UK not sure what the bottle options are.

The teat does make a differnce. Newborn should not be too fast - could be her getting use to feeding is all hun. Maybe give her back a few taps more often - let her have a short break & try again.

My LO is using cheapie bottles. He takes 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours right now. But he is a big boy. :D
We tried him on the Nuk bottles. He had the 0+ month, slow flow nipples, but they were too slow for him.. he was sucking forever and ever and not getting enough. Like, he was literally sucking until he wore himself out and fell asleep on the bottle; and wasn't even getting 1oz!! We went and bought some 0+ month, medium flow nipples (because the fast flow holes looked HUGE! :shock:) but haven't used them yet.

Babies should eat 10-15% of their body-weight per day at least.

So for every Kilo for example it should be 100-150ml/3.5-5.5oz.....

But at the end of the day, if they're content, plenty of wet nappies and gaining weight, then there is no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->