feel like getting chest infection what can i take?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
Any ideas?
Having a hot choc as my throat is real cloggy and i cant stop coughing. My eyes are sore and feeling a bit sicky.

:(

Go to Dr and ask. I get repeated chest infections (including bronchitis and pneumonia) as I have COPD and the over the counter stuff is useless and entirely pointless taking it.
Dr needs to have a listen to your chest and decide whether it needs treatment with antibiotics and/or inhalers. Quite possible you have picked up one of the nasty bugs that is going around, my OH was ill last week and had a nasty cough for two days but recovered very quickly as he was on antibiotics for his foot (he had an operation on it a few weeks ago).

Will have to brave it till monday then :( plenty of vitamin c for me in the mean time then i spose. Thnx for the advice.
xxx

... apparently there has been a massive increase of people going to doctors and A&E at the moment with breathing problems its being caused by the weather change.

Before bump i would do some inhalations with vicks, sip water regularly, drink hot honey and lemon and increase the dose on my asthma medication. Like you i have been coughing and can feel something happening to my chest. So this time i am keeping up with my asthma medication and i am having hotish showers and hot baths (leaving the room steam) and sit reading a book in the steam until the bath is the right temp. Which has helped so far kept things at bay.

Hope your feeling better soon!

I'm working on getting over a chest cold. I've been using vaporub at night. Cepacol cough drops during the day at work when it gets really bad. Sudafed or Benadryl for the stuffed up sinuses and Tylenol when the sinus pressure gives me a headache.

Drink hot tea with honey and cover yourself, this will make you sweat and recover faster. I also love fresh ginger tea with honey or having some chopped fresh garlic, which also can be mixed with honey to help getting it down. I have had a cold a couple times since becomeing pregnant and have taken no medications so far, not even one tablet in nearly 7 months. If you catch it early, the natural remedies is the way to go. Oh and if your nose is stuffed ask for a saline spray in the pharmacy. Good luck and hope you feel better!!

I've just come down with a head cold this week...I've been drinking hot honey & lemon drinks. They do help...I'd recommend trying it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->