Feeling all emotional leaving lo at nursery :(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Mumtobe20, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Mumtobe20

Mumtobe20 Well-Known Member

My baby has his first settle at nursery in the morning :( I go back to work next week which I am dreading. Lo has been with me alot over the last 10 months and I am so upset at the thought of leaving him at nursery :cry: I know he will be fine its me that wont :( what makes it worse is I also work in a nursery so I am looking after babies that are new/settling in :( please someone tell me this gets easier, I have already cried twice about it and he hasnt even officially started yet :(

2. curlykate

curlykate Devin's Mommy

It gets easier! It really and truly does!
    I bawled like a baby the first day we put LO in daycare. OH thought I was nuts, I was blubbering like an idiot! The second day was a bit easier, and each day after that got a bit easier.
    I work in daycare too. Just remember that after a short adjustment time, each and every child there ends up loving it, and having a great time. Your LO will too!

3. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Mum of 1

:hugs: Hope the transition goes smoothly for the both of you! My LO will be starting nusery soon too and I'm also dreading it! xx

4. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

5. Cat lady

Cat lady Well-Known Member

It does get easier hun I promise! It is stressful at first, but you will all get used to it and get into a routine and then it will all be hunky dory!
    I was dreading work, but now I love it. Not necessarily the practive I am at, but being at work with adults, doing what I was trained to do is brill!
    xxx

6. Mumtobe20

Mumtobe20 Well-Known Member

He had his first settle today quite proud of myself for not crying as soon as we got in the door. But then I handed him over to one of the staff and said bye to him and that was it he stuck out his bottom lip started whimpering then started crying. I stood outside listening to him having a wee cry to myself, while he was in the room crying and saying mamama. Got me so upset :( his next one is on thursday so will see how that goes. Thanks for all your replies x