Feeling disconnected and guilty...

Jaybean

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm almost 13 weeks and still don't feel like I'm pregnant.
This pregnancy was not planned (dtd once since 2nd child born and map failed).

This will be my 3rd child, and both of my other pregnancies I was excited from the moment I found out, but this one just doesn't feel real. I do want it, and would be devastated if anything happened, but I am just not connected to it, and starting to feel guilty about it. I just don't feel pregnant apart from morning sickness and tiredness.

We have our first scan this afternoon, so hoping that may help, but scared it might not.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced the same thing?...

My second was very much wanted, and planned, and I felt disconnected the whole pregnancy. Like it wasn't real or would go wrong eventually. But she's a happy and healthy toddler now and we're very close. You'll feel connected eventually. Try not to worry about it and definitely don't feel guilty. As long as you're still taking care of yourself etc, whether or not you feel pregnant or connected to the baby just now won't matter to them one bit.

Thank you so much! I really needed to hear that it's normal!
Feeling a bit better after scan yesterday and have told people which has helped xxx

Glad to hear you're feeling better and all was well with the scan. It is hard to be connected to a baby before you can feel its little kicks, especially if you're feeling so tired and sick. You should be getting over it within a few weeks and start feeling movement, then maybe you'll feel more connected :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->