Feeling down

tl682

Reaction score
I am so grateful to have my daughter. She's healthy, happy, and is just turning 2. It also took us 9 months to conceive her, and while I am grateful to have been able to conceive, at the time it felt like torrture. We are now in month 3 ttc #2. It's starting to feel like torture. Again. Af came yesterday, and it hit me hard this time. How long will we have to try for this time around?? A year?? 2 years?? I feel bad even asking this, since I know how blessed we are to even have one, but I can't help feeling this way. Why did all of my friends conceive in the first month, and yet it takes us what feels like a long time?? Just feeling down today and need support. Thank you.

I am so grateful to have my daughter. She's healthy, happy, and is just turning 2. It also took us 9 months to conceive her, and while I am grateful to have been able to conceive, at the time it felt like torrture. We are now in month 3 ttc #2. It's starting to feel like torture. Again. Af came yesterday, and it hit me hard this time. How long will we have to try for this time around?? A year?? 2 years?? I feel bad even asking this, since I know how blessed we are to even have one, but I can't help feeling this way. Why did all of my friends conceive in the first month, and yet it takes us what feels like a long time?? Just feeling down today and need support. Thank you.

Aw hun hang in there u will conceive again and it can take people a while. I took 5 months and I know that's nothing compared to some people! All my friends took at least a year and some two. However my friend tht took two years to conceive fell pregnant with her second in three months. Just keep trying and try to have fun in the process I'm sure you'll get there as u did with your first. Just wanted to send big hugs and lots of baby dust to u x

I hear ya! I'm on 8th month ttc #1. I also have friends that got pregnant 1st cycle. I've even got a friend who got pregnant 1st cycle after being told she'd never have kids. And I've a friend who had 1 'oopsie', took the morning after pill and STILL got pregnant.

HOWEVER! People who took longer to get pregnant rarely tell everyone how long it took them. I find the only people who talk about this are the ones who got pregnant so easily. That's why it seems like most people get pregnant after having sex once! So, for every person who got pregnant 1st cycle, there's probably at least 1 or 2 more who took many months or even years.

Don't waste your to time comparing yourself to others. Concentrate on YOU and your family. Positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes :)

Good luck!

I am in the same boat!! Ttc #2 and sooooo blessed and grateful for my beautiful little girl but I also really want number 2!!! Took us 3 months with our dd and now onto third month for no 2...

I remember when I was on this board first time around and thinking whenever I saw someone posting about ttc #2 how can they feel the same as me when they know they can get preg and have a healthy child!!! But it is hard second time around isn't it ? The only thing is that I'm finding it easier to tell myself to pull it together and be grateful for everything that I have this time round. Still have the same feelings of bump envy though, even though I know what it's like to have a bump of my own!!

Anyway sorry for rambling post but just wanted to say you're not alone!

Hugs xxxx

I agree with Red......... there is no time limit when TTC. My first pregnancy took us 2 months to fall, we fell with twins nd they sadly passed away at full term shortly after birth. Our 2nd pregnancy we fell a few months after we lost our twins but we were NTNP, again we had a loss at 12 weeks. Our 3rd pregnancy took 7 cycles to conceive nd we had another loss at 9 weeks. Then our last loss was at 16+4 weeks which was triplets nd they took 3 cycles to conceive. It's now been 17 months since our last loss nd no BFP, so as u can c the time varies so much.

Just a side note: There is no medical issues with hubby nd I, we have had every test known to man.

Mummytoangels, I'm so sorry to read about your losses :hugs:

Hi I am in exactly the same position, 9 months ttc dd1 and this is cycle 4 ttc number 2 af due in 4 days and not feeling very positive about it and very frustrated! i didnt think would take as long for number 2! I know what you mean not knowing is frustrating, but having dd1 feel so lucky to have her! I can't imagine how it must feel to be ltttc.

Mummytoangels sorry for your loss hope you get a bfp soon!
Baby dust all round
Xx

Mummytoangels, you are an inspiration. So sorry to hear about your losses. Praying for you, hoping that you will be blessed soon. Thank you, everybody, for answering my post!!

Mummytoangels, you are an inspiration. So sorry to hear about your losses. Praying for you, hoping that you will be blessed soon. Thank you, everybody, for answering my post!!

Bless ur heart darling, thank u so much.

I wish u all the best Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->