Feeling funny about this pg... Twins?

Mollyb33

Reaction score
Hello, mommas! :)

I'm on here asking some questions because I just feel 'funny' inside and I can't put my finger on it to the point it takes over my thoughts all day long. I have been pregnant a total of 5 times (1 miscarriage, 3 healthy kiddos, and am pregnant with my 5th) and I have never had any if these things happen! I have a lower HCG hormone and can NEVER test until 4-5 weeks, however this time around I had been tracking my cycles. Last MP was May 31st, STRONG ovulation pain on the 11th of June, painful implantation cramps on the 19th and a BFP on the 21st two days later. The BFP was on 10dpo, it was obvious too! I am 5w 3d now and have had lower back and hip pain this entire time, really nauseous at times and CANNOT STOP EATING! This entire experience is so odd and especially the early testing is just not me and I just feel this is 'different'. I'm thinking twins! Everything from O to the early testing and symptoms is screaming crazy different out of five times of being pregnant! I'm over 30, been preggers 5 times, and have twins on my distant side, two sets! Could this be twins?!?!?! Did any moms with multiples just feel funny then it all make sense when you found out?! Help! Lol!

Thanks ladies for listening...

I'm afraid I've not got twins, but me and oh and my family were sure I was pg with twins this time as they run in my family, I'm showing super early and got a nice bfp at 11dpo first cycle off pill.
Also my hcg levels at 6 weeks were over 87000

Had a scan yesterday and was just one in there haha. Guess the extra nausea and hunger was just this little monkey haha

I'm pg with twins but I have never been pg with a singleton.

I have had ms since about 3 weeks (before my bfp) and I have been really tired. I started feeling a bump at about 5 weeks. Around 5-6 week I was starving, but that went away and now I am really not hungry at all.

I think you could go either way, only a u/s will tell.

only ultrasound can tell, maybe ask your doctor for an early one to help ease your mind?

The only differences I've noticed between my first two pregnancies and this one are: INSANE cramping/back pain starting in the tww up through about week 8 that then morphed into round ligament pain (and what I think now is spd) - massive cravings for grilled steak during tww - intense morning sickness/nausea that lasted up until a few weeks ago.

I had none of those three during my first two pregnancies, but they were also 10 and 11 years ago so that could play a role.

I will be following to see how it turns out for you! When do you have first ultrasound to find out either way?

Hi, messica!

Crazy! The first thing that had me go 'huh' was the lower backache I woke up with one morning 2dpo which is STILL there along with round ligament pain and hip aches. With my other pregnancies it was the last trimester I had a backache. Then, the WAY early test! By the day my period was supposed to start, the test line sucked most of the color and left the control line very faint! I was like, what in the world! The hunger is insane! I've gained 12 lbs in the last two weeks :( I even wake up hungry which has never happened to me, ever! Though, every time it eat, I feel like puking :( just this pregnancy has me feeling weird, lol!

Oh! My ultrasound is on the 25th! Just a few more weeks. :) Waiting for this appointment is driving me crazy! I set it up 2 1/2 weeks ago :/ lol!

I've been feeling so much different this pregnancy as well, sometimes I think what if its twins, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, would the Doppler hear two heart beats or would I have to wait a few more weeks till an ultrasound?

I've been feeling so much different this pregnancy as well, sometimes I think what if its twins, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, would the Doppler hear two heart beats or would I have to wait a few more weeks till an ultrasound?

Doppler could maybe pick up two, but I doubt it. It's pretty unusual for docs to check for heartbeats with doppler that early and even if they did they may not be able to find even one, much less two.

I found one off and on that early with my home doppler but docs haven't tried yet and were surprised to hear I could find both at this point at last weeks appointment. Ultrasound is the best way to tell.

I only have one in there, but I tested positive at 8 dpo, gained 7 lbs already and it seems my biggest symptom is hunger. I eat all the time, and only had a couple days where I felt sick and I think I solved that by switching prenatals to evening. Anyway every pregnancy is apparently different but you never know til the ultrasound! Good luck!

i had lots of cramping early on, so hungry, nausea but no sickness, nausea cured with dry foods, have to eat every hour and half to 2 hours, super tired but not feeling too bad over all..... and i'm having twins.

You never can tell what is going on everyone is so different - basic symptoms the same but intensity varies so much from week to week.

Good luck with your ultrasound x

i had lots of cramping early on, so hungry, nausea but no sickness, nausea cured with dry foods, have to eat every hour and half to 2 hours, super tired but not feeling too bad over all..... and i'm having twins.

You never can tell what is going on everyone is so different - basic symptoms the same but intensity varies so much from week to week.

Good luck with your ultrasound x

I almost spit my water out. Sigh.
Beyond convinced I'm carrying two.
My pregnancy with my daughter I was ridiculously sick. Puking everyday. Only gained 7lbs total.
This pregnancy however is exactly what you wrote. Always hungry, always nauseous, I am 10 weeks and up 15lbs. Its madness.
My first ultrasound wasnt very helpful, so waiting for my u/s at the end of the month to settle this. Sigh

I'm loving all of your replies and questions! I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling funky this time 'round! ;) hoping someone updates a twin scan! 2 1/2 more weeks here!

This is my first and it seems totally normal so far, so I don't have any experience to offer. I'm just following along to see how many twins pop up in this thread :D I have no reason to think I'm having twins, but every time I mention the possibility, and when my brother mentioned it, my DH gets this panicked look in his eyes :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->