Feeling jealous and depressed over SIL

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my SIL! In fact, both of out previous pregnancies have been 6 weeks apart and both times boys! It was an amazing experience for both of us! This time she is pregnant alone and I actually am extremely happy as we are possible moving across country at the end of the new year (Military) and I don't want to travel with a new born baby as I have had to exclusively pump with both boys due to latching issues. Not an ideal situation. My issue is, she is pregnant with a girl. A girl I long for so badly and one that she didn't want at all. She wanted ALL boys. I know there is a chance I could get my little girl in our final pregnancy but it doesn't make the sting any less. I just have this feeling that my last baby will be a boy and it makes me unbelievably sad. I know that I am being a little ridiculous but at the same time I feel like I need to get it off my chest because it will drive me mad. I know that if my last baby is a boy I will be absolutely overjoyed because I love my little boys but I long for that mom/daughter bond that I have with my mom. Also, my oldest has been saying he wants a little sister and it will break my heart if I can't give him one.

Hi Cewsbaby.

Not a lot of advise to add here but thought I'd say a couple things.

1. Having my daughter was a complete surprise to us all. My husband's family has been all boys born into it for 3 generations... so no matter what there is always a chance for a girl :pink:

2. I would absolutely love for my kids to have some cousins. You are so lucky that you have other kids in your family and around your kids ages too. My sister and my husband's brother both don't want any children, so our 2 kids (hopefully soon to be 3) will be the only kids in our family.

I'm hoping our 3rd will be a girl but I'd be happy with either really.

I hope you get your girl when you are ready and maybe with time you won't have these feelings anymore. Plus, now you have a niece you can spoil!

I don’t have much to add but I didn’t want to read and not reply. I think jealously is one of those WTT emotions you just can’t help sometimes! Doesn’t mean you aren’t happy for them but it is hard, especially when it’s something you want so much (like a girl) and they didn’t mind either way. Lots of pink baby dust to you when the time comes xxx

I don’t have much to add but I didn’t want to read and not reply. I think jealously is one of those WTT emotions you just can’t help sometimes! Doesn’t mean you aren’t happy for them but it is hard, especially when it’s something you want so much (like a girl) and they didn’t mind either way. Lots of pink baby dust to you when the time comes xxx

I feel you! Not in the case of a SIL, but friends, and patients. Sadly it’s human nature especially if you are WTT. Jealously can be such a jerk

Jealousy is completely normal and understandable :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->