Feeling 'left out' and bored

BroodyBlair

Reaction score
Anyone else feeling/felt a bit 'lonely' near the end of pregnancy? I'm nearly 34wks. I'm lucky in that i've always got hubs and family (although sister and my best friend are on holidays at mo), but finding it hard now with friends going out at weekends, whether it's to pubs/bingo etc and i haven't the motivation to go with them. I feel 'left out' as i'm not going (they do ask but i think it's an afterthought as they say 'didn't think you'd want to go with being so far on' once i've heard they're going out). It's the thought of people bumping into me in a pub or getting dressed to go to out anywhere.

I did go out a few times throughout my pregnancy but at the stage now where it doesn't seem appealing. Maybe it's because most of my friends are younger with no children. Thanks xx

Could you invite your friends over for a DVD night or something? I'm sure they'd love to see you, but if you don't feel like going out it might be up to you to suggest some alternatives. :hugs:

Thanks for the reply :) I texted one of my best friends and explained how i was feeling. She already has a 7year old so think she understands. She's invited me up for a DVD and food tomorrow night :) Thanks :) xx

I know what you mean... I used to like to party, I still would but don't get invited anymore.... We got an invite to my friends 30th on Saturday but I don't really want to go as I know it was one of those 'we better invite them' scenarios.

People I may be pregnant but I can still party... Not for long granted but I can still do it :haha:

I know what you mean... I used to like to party, I still would but don't get invited anymore.... We got an invite to my friends 30th on Saturday but I don't really want to go as I know it was one of those 'we better invite them' scenarios.

People I may be pregnant but I can still party... Not for long granted but I can still do it :haha:

Exactly hun! I got invited after i'd read on facebook that everyone was going out. Then i texted a friend and asked what she was at. She wrote 'going to xxxxx tonight, i was going to invite you but didn't think you'd want to come with benig so near your due date now'. Guess i would just like to be asked though! like yourself i was always a bit of a party animal so it's difficult adjusting to sitting in at the weekend and Saturday night TV isn't the most exciting! Thank you and i hope you get to your friends 30th and enjoy it :) xx

Coordinate something you would like to do with your friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->