Feeling like giving up?

Rosie_Phillip

Mom to Vance TTC #2 18+mo
Reaction score
After trying for the last 18 months, I feel like it might just be time to give up. How much disappointment, and frustration should you put yourself through before just saying this wasn't meant to happen? I keep saying to myself, you have one beautiful little man that is more than you could have asked for, so why keep trying? It was hard enough getting pregnant with him. Logically I should be making an appointment to get things checked out and going. Unfortunately I have awful nightmares about having multiples. My DH keeps saying "oh well, there is always next month", clearly he just does not understand the emotional hell us women go through. Have any of you felt like giving up and then had your miracle? I am just so emotionally worn. Maybe it is time to just be happy with what God has given me...:muaha:

I think you should see a doctor...18 months is a long time! And it could be a simple fix... Don't automatically think fertility treatment = multiples

Multiples are in my generation. They could happen without the fertility treatments, just seems slightly more likely to happen with extra hormone boost :/ I figured it was going to be hard to conceive #2 after having to have an emergency c-section with my little guy, but wasn't expecting this. I feel defeated. My real fear of going to the doc is finding out that I am broken, and can't have another bundle of pure bliss. But I think I really needed someone other than my husband to tell me to go see the OB/GYN. Making an appointment for Friday. Thank you for your support.

Never give up on anything you want in life! Be thankful for what you have, and find hope and faith and believe that if it is meant to happen it will. Sometimes we put ourselves through so much uneeded stress that our bodies just don't work right. Consider taking a break, as I have herd lots of stories that ladies get preggo while on a break from TTC. Talk to your doctor it could be something simple. Trust in God and know that he has a plan, sometimes our plan is not set in the same time frame as Gods but have faith that he will make things work the way (and when) they are supposed to (on his time frame that fits with his plan). My best advice would be to lean towards your faith and Trust on God. Talk to him, cry to him, tell him that you do not have the strength to continue this roller coaster and I bet you he will give you the strength and guidance, and assistance that you need. I wish you the best of luck! Lots of baby dust your way.....

You are doing the right thing hun..I wish I'd gone to the doctor sooner because now ttc a second baby after this miracle baby is born next moth will be much harder at 38 years old. Getting test and doctor's advice will be great for you to arm yourself in your decision on what to do next. It could be something so simple and you won't regret knowing either way. Good luck!:thumbup:

Wasn't able to see my Doc on Friday. AF decided to pay me a visit on Thursday :/ I know that I am suppose to be patient with God. I know He has a plan. It is just so hard to just sit here and wait. When I was TTC my first baby, we went through 5 months of disappointment, then after bumping uglies one night, I prayed and prayed all night, legs up on the wall. I found out 4 days before my period was due that we conceived. I have never been so thankful in my life. It seems like all the prayers in the world haven't made a difference this time, but it isn't going to stop me from praying more. I have come to terms with failing at TTC. If in 6 months there has been no BFP, I put to rest my dreams of having a second child. Thank you gals for your support, it means more to me than you can know.

Well I made a new appointment for Wednesday the 28th (the earliest they could get me in). Which means that I won't have a BFP in June either. (should be done ovulating before the appointment :/ )

Sorry you can't get into see your dr sooner. Don't set time limits on how long you'll try for, you don't know what the future holds. We're on cycle 13 and I'm pretty sure I won't be pregnant this month either. It sucks, it's horrible, it's affecting our relationship. But we'll keep trying cos it's what we both want.
Big hugs and love. X x x

Unfortunately, there needs to be a time limit. Recent test have shown that my DH has stage 2 heart failure. And here all I can think about is the fact that I can't get pregnant.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through :( My husband and I have just started TTC, and I have nightmares about the disappointment of desperately wanting a baby and not being able to. If I were in your position, I would try my best just to place your situation in God's hands and try really hard to relax a bit. I know its not easy :(

Katie, almost every night I pray to God that He will take away this worry, to walk me through this, and guide me to happiness. I can't say my prayers aren't being answered because most days I'm not so stressed. But if I just had the BFP I wouldn't be stressed at all!! I'm staying positive for my appointment next week. Turns out my calender updated and I will just be starting my "fertile" days, and ovulating the Monday after my appointment. Maybe a boost of hormones on my fertile days will land me that BFP :) If not well then I guess we aim for July. With a month of hormones under my belt by then I'll be shocked if I don't get pregnant. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying is the best chance I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->