• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling like the worst mum in the world

05mummy07

Reaction score
So we found out on Wednesday that we're expecting a boy. I was so shocked because I was absolutely adamant this was going to be another girl (OH's family history is full of girls and only two boys going back 35 years) We got my much longed for little girl in 2011 and it was such a breath of fresh air after 7 years and two boys.

When we had our scan I admit I cried, I felt cheated that another boy was joining our family and I just feel like such a crap mum because of it. I love my boys to bits!! This is my OH's second child with me, so he's now got the perfect complete boy girl combination, but I'm struggling with the boy, boy, girl, boy combination. I just can't get it into my head that it's another one especially when the odds of another girl were so high for us! I know I sound so ungrateful given this is my fourth and don't get me wrong I love this one no less than my other three beautiful children. But I just can't get excited about choosing another boy name, more boy clothes and more willies!!!

I still have it in my head this is a girl, despite seeing the very obvious boy parts on the scan and I hate myself for feeling like this. This one was far from planned as my pill failed.

When do these feelings go away? :nope:

:hugs: your feelings sound like ones I'm afraid I will also have if this is a boy too. I also have 2 boys and a girl and am hoping for a girl and also this is an unplanned pregnancy. I am trying to talk myself into the fact that it doesn't matter so matter as the baby is healthy but if I find out its a boy I think I shall react with the same feelings as you. I am pinning my hopes on these feelings going once I cuddle my new son. Thinking 'son' rather than boy helps. My sons are so lovable and I feel crappy for really hoping that this is a girl. Just know you're not alone and you're not a crap mum :hugs: it's just an adjustment period xxx

I'm scared atm of the same thing. I'm only just pregnant and at times I just feel so grateful to be having a baby at all are trying for 2 and a half years, but I want a girl so much are 3 boys. I think my longing for a girl is clouding my judgement too as I really feel like this one could be a girl and so keep telling myself I'm wrong and its a boy. I'm worried I will feel the same if I get another boy where as in the past I was happy with just boys. And I feel awful for even thinking it. I'm sure once the baby is actually here it won't make any difference. I know I will love the baby whatever but I can't help hope.

Oh I know once he's here it will all be insignificant, but my head and heart are still firmly telling me it's a girl, despite the obvious scan!
I just can't even bring myself to look at any boys clothes yet and names is a whole other matter!! Hope you two get the result you're wanting xx

I'm in the same boat as you all. I have 2 boys and am so longing for a girl. I cried when I found out my 2nd one was a boy but as soon as he was born it didn't matter to me. I love him so much. I am debating on if I even want to know the sex of our newly concived bundle but DH thinks we should find out that way have have 5 months to get over it if it turns out to be another boy. I told him that I rather not find out becasue once our bundle is born I will love it regardless becuse it will be a new baby and who doesn't love a new baby. So still not sure what we are going to do but will be keeping my fingers crossed and build myself up by saying it could be another boy so don't get your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->