feeling low today

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
The past few nights dd has been waking every two hours for a feed. Her bedtime seems to change evrry night and I am exhausted physically and emotionally. I know it's normal for a 3 week old.

My poor 20m old boy is really feeling it. I get so grumpy and he hates it when I breast feed dd or cuddle her too long etc. He head butts the wall/floor/glass cabinets etc. I've had to start unlatching dd from her feed to sort ds out. Last night my parents were here and he was a bit over excited so I let him get out of bed and stay up for a little bit. My dad decided to give him chocolate. Cue sugared up over tired little boy who eventually wouldn't sleep until 10pm. Dh was at a stag do so I had to call him home. Dd wanted to cluster feed all evening so cried every time I had to put her down to sort out ds.

In the daytime I put dd down wheb she is asleep or not feeding. I'd love yo nurture her more but I need to play with my gorgeous boy abd give him attention.

My grumpiness has been so much lately that if I raise my voice, grump, or snap (try to avoid shouting), ds picks up on it and starts to hit or pinch me. I hate that he feels this way and I am making him react like this. Pre dd we were both so chilled. I know its tiredness and I wish I knew when it would pass.

I've worked so hard to bf dd and now we seem to be doing ok I want to continue but I feel like I need to swap to ff so my dh can let me get some sleep so I am less grumpy and feeds will take less time in the day.

I feel so sad.

My friend organised a box of toys that her son gets when she is breastfeeding. That's the only time he gets those toys. She took him out to pick the toys and has them hidden away until feeding time. It made her son far more accepting of the nurturing and breastfeeding. Worth a shot?

I've tried sticker books, story books & cbeebies but it may help.

Do u get one on one time with ur son? Maybe on dh day off he could take baby out for a walk and ur son gets time alone with mummy? X

I do his bath & bed every day. When dd is asleep I always play with ds. My dh is out past bedtime every day with work so he can only really do that at the weekend.

hey, sorry things are hard but don't give in it will get better. what about giving lo a bottle of formula every now and then so you can have a rest. you don't need to make a more permanent switch but might just be able to get enough of a break to carry on.

Wss^ or even expressing some and letting you're DS help with a bottle feed so he doesn't feel left out?

Perhaps you could try breastfeeding in a sling or carrier? My friend often bf her newborn in a carrier while at the park or walking with her toddler.

Big :hugs:. I found the first 3 weeks the hardest with juggling breast feeding DD and looking after DS (he was 21 months when DD was born). After that she wasn't constantly feeding and DS was able to accept the times she was feeding more. I hope it's the same for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->