Feeling my uterus?

spicyorange

Reaction score
Is 9 weeks too soon to feel my uterus? I keep reading on here about people feeling it from way earlier than now but I can't feel anything, there's nothing "hard" in they're for me? I think I'm looking in the right place? but I don't feel anything??. Should I be worried?

There are charts to show where your womb is meant to come to at various stages. I think it's meant to be under your pubic bone until 12 weeks. I can't feel anything yet and I'm over 8 weeks now. In my last pregnancy I noticed it up to my belly button at 12 weeks (I found out later I was having twins!).

I can feel like a tiny bit of "hardness" but its mostly like under my pubic bone. It definitly never used to be there before..but if your a curvy girl it may be harder to feel. Im a lil bit curvy, but there isnt much extra fat in that area

For the majority of people your uterus doesn't pop over the pubic bone until after 12 weeks. First time round, I didn't even have a bump until about 22/23 weeks pregnant and still didn't know what I was looking for when trying to feel my uterus (and I had a flatter tummy then too), so no, nothing at all to worry about hun.

I didnt feel it so early with #1 and started to get a bump at 22/23 weeks but have felt it for a week with this one. My tummy is definitely fuller x

in previous weeks i dont think i ever could feel/recognize my uterus even though i saw my bump when i sucked in my stomach and the part that wouldnt go in was baby's home... i tried to poke and feel but everything felt like a hard softness more than a hard hardness. maybe i just expected it to feel like a hard rubber in there but i had to ask my midwife where my uterus was so that i could feel it. even when she showed me that it was up against my stomach at the time of 20 weeks on the dot, it felt like a firm softness and it had a distinct area to it where it rounded out at the top but i dont know if thats the case/shape for every woman's pregnancy.

Ladies... have a bath and try lying on your tummy (Obviously not your full weight) You might feel where it is then, I can already :) but this is my second pregnancy x

10w 2nd baby, I can kind of feel it if I push down but I only know that's what it is because pushing on it kind of makes me feel pressure in my butt just like when the doctor checked at my appointment. But I can only feel it laying flat on my back, it's all still quite small at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->