Feeling neglected

B

Bekkiboo

Hi there,

Just a rant really!

I'm feeling like I may aswell be handling this pregnancy alone as I don't believe the midwife is offering the same 'service' as when I had my previous 2 children!

I went to an appointment today and was really excited about the prospect of listening to the babies heartbeat.... but got nothing!

Not a word was uttered about listening in and I am sure they are supposed to measure your fundus height aswell to keep check on growth, but this wasn't done either!

Everything bar checking the urine sample I could have done at home and phoned in the results! Even checking my blood pressure as you can get equipment in the shops now to do that!

Could have saved myself £3 in bus fare doing it that way! :hissy:

I'm probably over reacting but it felt like i'd just gone there to sit in a chair and have a chat....

I've got my 24 week appointment this Thurs and its my 1st contact with the midwife since booking in. I'm also expecting them to listen to the heart and measure the fundus height. I'll be mightily disappointed if that doesn't happen so I'm not surprised you feel that way.

:hug:

I had my 24wk appiontment last wk, got to listen to hearbeat and she measured height of fundus and had a wee chat. She also had a good feel and felt lo move and body parts which she wrote on my notes...............Pretty poor show that yours didnt as i was under the impression this was routine at every check from now.

Can you see a different mw??
No very fair really as you say could have saved yourself the trek and bus fares

xx

The mw at my last appt ( a stand in as mine was off sick :rolleyes: ) said that they are not told to listen to the hb as a matter of routine now but that she normally did cos ladies like to hear it. She felt my fundus and did everything else but my own mw didn't do anything the time before! I am beginning to thing mw's are a bit lazy!!!

Most dont start measuring till 28 weeks.
I would think she would listen to the heartbeat though, but at my 24 week one she couldnt find it, so maybe some wait till later to avoid upsetting mum to be unneccessarily?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->