feeling really bad about weight gain :(

19Mommy

Monicas Mommy
Reaction score
So the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy I gained only 6 pounds.. then the last weeks ive managed to gain another 25 on top of that... WTF? my doctor doesnt say anything but I dont like it :( I really wanted to loose weight (as im already overweight). Anyone else experience something like this?

Hey hun im exactly the same it was really steady then in last few weeks iv piled it on? i cant understand why cause iv eaten sensibly? The only thing we can do is laugh about it and enjoy whats left of our pregnancys, we can always lose the extra weight after babys are here.

im a stone heavier now than i was at full term with my dd but then my mum said something that made me feel better: Baby is potentially 7lb+, then you have your placenta, the cord and other random bits (3lb+) you have 1 and a half - 2 pints of amniotic fluid (2lb) lots of extra blood flowing around (2lbs) and your boobs are getting ready to feed - 1lb each one (2lbs) and theres at least 1 stone gone, without all the vomiting, lack of eating and sweating from labour LOL
It made me feel better anyway!!

I'm a bigger girl and with DS I gained only 16 lbs (walked everywhere and was very active) and the doc wasn't too concerned. After I gave birth I lost 30 lbs!!! It's crazy how much weight you are actually carrying!

This pregnancy I'm not as active as I have a different job and all I do is sit all day long. I'm up 7 lbs so far and I was hoping to gain less than I did with DS. I still have 13 weeks to go and I gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks!! To me that's a lot! They also said I failed my glucose test so that might be another thing that might add weight if I'm not processing the sugar like i'm supposed to! So we'll see what happens from here but I've vowed to start eating much better to make sure if I do have gestational diabetes that I can already work on controlling it now and hopefully not have a massive weight gain again!

Just remember you will lose a lot just by giving birth! As long as your doctor doesn't seem concerned then you shouldn't be either. No need in stressing yourself out! Just have fun and enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->