Feeling so guilty

Betrix

Mother of 2,Expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I had my 20 week scan today and it's a girl. I'm so disappointed. I have two girls and wanted a boy so did my OH. I just want to :cry: the pregnancy was a surprise and I don't want anymore children after this so I was really really hoping for a boy. I feel like a terrible person for being at all unhappy about having a healthy baby girl :sad2:

Don't feel guilty hun, it's normal to feel disappointed when you had hopes of it being one way or another. We're only human and we can't help our emotions. Just because you hoped for a boy doesn't mean you'll love your girl any less or are any less glad she looks healthy

I totally agree. It's perfectly normal to be sad when you're expectation/hopes aren't met. The good thing is there is a great forum where you can vent that thought and no one will judge you. :hug:

I think part of what makes me feel so awful is my bff had a very hard time conceiving and several losses. So being disappointing in any healthy baby makes me feel like a total ass. Especially an unexpected bc baby.

My bff finally had a baby and even though she had wanted a boy when it was a girl she was ecstatic and went straight to shopping and thinking of names. I have not bought so much as a pair of socks and thinking of names makes me :( .

I just feel depressed/ :cry: and I feel like an awful person for feeling depressed about it:devil:

I know a 20 week scan isn't wrong but I keep having dreams :sleep: it was wrong and waking up realizing it was a dream then I end up crying:cry::cry:

Don't feel guilty I felt the same with my 3rd boy, but once he arrived I fell in love like I did with the others. This feeling will pass and by the time your daughter is due you will be excited xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->