Feeling upset.. Own mother thinks I shouldn't have this baby

Hawaiimomof4

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post.. I am in my first trimester though. So my mother thinks because I'm stressed and single (baby's dad not around) that I shouldnt continue with my pregnancy. I'm the normal stressed being a single parent of 3 going on 4... She thinks it will add on more.. Of course kids at times can be stressful that's life lol.. But I've been a single parent the past 6 years my kids are taken cared of, loved I'm financially fine and honestly don't need the father around. Especially if he's not good in our lives. We don't have the greatest relationship me an my mother an hardly agree on anything. Im just feeling hurt that I'm being told by someone who should be supportive that I shouldnt carry on with my pregnancy. What would you do if someone was being negative an kept telling you this when you've already clarified your following through? I mean just because the dad isn't around doesn't mean one should not have the baby anymore. Baby's are blessings but she sees it as just another burden.

She is probably just concerned about your wellbeing, but if you have made it clear several times that you are continuing the pregnancy then she needs to learn when to shut up and respect your decision. Perhaps talk to her, tell her how upset it is making you that she keeps pushing this and hopefully she will back off :flower:

I think your mother is just worrying about you that's all, she probably doesn't want the added stress for you, no one wants that for their children, however she probably doesn't really understand that you really are fine and that you are a grown adult and you've managed fine on your own all this time and will continue to do so, us parents will always worry about our children I think you'll be just fine, and your mum will realise it :)

I think mothers can sometimes only see the negative side when they see their little girl stressed,I went to tell my mum I had a bfp and as soon as I mentioned having another in just normal convo she said “you’d be bloody stupid to have another” and I didn’t tell her for another 2 weeks after that and then she explained her reasoning but decided she was excited and happy for me but I still remember the first response lol my son is 2 and just been diagnosed with autism and still doesn’t sleep a solid hour and has been such hard work since birth so she has seen my crying a lot or not knowing what to do and to be honest I kinda agree with her first response but after thinking it through I knew that if a baby was growing then I HAD to have it and it’s meant to be,if not it would be taken out of my hands by itself.....give your mum time and I’m sure eventually after seeing ur scans and watching u with a lovely bump again she will come round to being excited for u xx

I imagine she is concerned about you but I would have a talk with her about how her words are making you feel. I'm sure in time she will come round <3

I would just tell her it is your decision, you are happy about this baby and don't want it to come between you.
I can't imagine mine being happy this time to be honest and I'm married! My dad wasn't happy about my first but after I got home I decided I needed to say something and emailed him saying that it had upset me as the baby was planned and I was happy. We never passed comment again.

Mahalo you guys! Yes we've spoken an she is happy but just concerned. If anything is said again I'm just going to ignore it. But im pretty sure she got the message and won't be bringing it up again:)!

I'm glad you spoke to her. Hopefully now she realises your feelings she'll stay out of it. I'm sure it's perfectly natural for her to worry, but you know what you're capable of.

I'm glad you spoke to her. Hopefully now she realises your feelings she'll stay out of it. I'm sure it's perfectly natural for her to worry, but you know what you're ca
I'm glad you spoke to her. Hopefully now she realises your feelings she'll stay out of it. I'm sure it's perfectly natural for her to worry, but you know what you're capable of.
Thank you:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"