Fell today

Googiepie

Reaction score
Today was moving day for one of my friends. So while I can't do much I decided to help with the basic cleaning while my OH helps with the heavy lifting and whatnot. We had a carpet cleaner guy there and my puppy ran out of the room and onto the carpet. I went to get the puppy and slipped on the hardwood floor where the water fell when he was doing the edge of the carpet. Now, I didn't really fall hard and I fell on my bum but I'm still super paranoid that somehow I hurt my baby. Should I go get checked out? Has anyone fallen during pregnancy and everything was okay?

I feel UP four concrete stairs at work at 36-37 weeks. I feel on my hands and knees and did not think much of it. I counted kicks and the baby was moving okay so I was not going to get checked. But then all my older female coworkers (a lot of people saw my embarrassing fall) started to scare me about calling my doctor. So I called the office explained to them what happened, they asked a lot of questions and finally told me to go to L&D to get checked out. They monitored the baby for 20 minutes with a non-stress test. Everything checked out ok and I was sent home. Call and see if they recommend coming in, if anything it will make you feel better. It is better to be extra cautious, even if you feel silly.

I will have to give her a call. I can still feel movements and nothing hurts. Better safe than sorry! :thumbup:

My SIL fell pretty hard straight onto her bump when she was 36 weeks with my nephew and he was born that evening so always better to go in and get checked out. Even if you didn't catch your bump during the fall.

I fell hard on my bum when cleaning my wood floors, this was about 4 weeks ago and all ok so far can feel baby moving etc.. and it did panick me quite a bit when i first did as i really hurt my bum and lower back and thought if they was hurting what else have i done..
but they are padded well in there

I would go get checked to be on the safe side xx

I fell on my hands and feet a few weeks ago; a pretty hard, fast fall. Didn't hit my belly at all, but it scared me. Baby kept moving at all her normal times though, so I did not go and get checked out. I paid very careful attention though, and if I had noticed any change at all I would have gone to to doctor.

Most of the time, it's probably fine, as long as you don't hit your belly, and even then it has to get hit pretty hard to actually hurt the baby. But if in doubt, go get checked out. No harm in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->