Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Hello ladies I hope everyone is well :)

I have made it to Cd 27!! I can't remember the last time my cycle was that long, the progesterone is doing it's job! That's a victory in itself. So far negative FRER 14dpo, holding out hope for the blood test tomorrow. Wish me luck.

If the blood test is negative I stop he progesterone to allow for AF and then start again!

I'm CD 12, and impatiently waiting for O. The headaches are finally starting to go away (my last pill was CD 8)- hooray!
The spotting also lasted until the last day or day after I took letrozole... annoying, but hopefully that won't have a negative effect. Also very glad that has ended.

Hope you get some good news today, shaybe! Anyone else getting close to testing?

Hopefully you get good news today Shaybe! Keeping my FX for you!

AFM - I am CD25 today. I am still a week away from AF and last Friday night I was walking across my bedroom and had a sharp pain in my left ovary so severe that I doubled over and it stopped me in my tracks. I didn't cry out or anything and as soon as it came it was gone. I had a little soreness for a minute or two after and then that was gone too. That was 5DPO. Then my boobs started hurting yesterday morning...7DPO. I don't know what this means. I think I am still too far from AF for my boobs to be sore from that...and in both of my pregnancies sore boobs has been my only symptom. But then again it could just be effects from progesterone. Who knows.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Looking forward to hearing some more BFP's!!

Thanks girls, unfortunately the blood test was negative. I'm trying to focus on the fact that this is the first cycle I had a normal lp length and no early spotting. Feeling OK.

Wow SCgirl you got a raw deal, glad the headaches are going, and Femara made me spot as well, I hope that means it's normal!

Kantny I normally have really sore boobs for about a week before AF but I didn't have sore boobs at all on progesterone, weird how it works!

No more progesterone for me so AF can start, not going to lie that is a pretty good consolation.

Good luck ladies hope to see some BFPs soon

Sorry about the negative result Shaybe but glad your cycles are starting to regulate and now you can move forward with confidence!

I am 9dpo today. Boobs are getting increasingly more sore. I am probably going to stop on the way home from work tomorrow and pick up a test to take with FMU on Thursday morning (11dpo).

I will keep you guys posted!

What cycle day do you ladies normally ovulate/trigger? Just finished taking 5mg of femara on CD 3-7 I have a mid cycle ultrasound on Monday which is CD14. I'm worried I might ovulate before my IUI.

I od on day 16 I think, which is two days later then average.

I'm cd15 today. Took 5mg days 3-7 got a positive opk cd12 which I either O'd that day or the 13th. Will know for sure tomorrow. Never O'd this early, EVER!

I'm CD 13, still no +opk or temp rise (took cd 4-8) and it doesn't look like it's about to happen anytime too soon... this is my first cycle on it, so we'll see if I O before my average CD 30! (I'm supposed to start progesterone tomorrow, but I'm going to hold off until I O!)

My last 3 cycles my mid cycle ultrasound was always on CD12. I'm a little worried about this cycle because I has to take provera after 40 days of no AF. Last cycle was a bust so I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

My first cycle with the Femara 5mg CD3-7 I triggered on CD13 (had follicle scan CD12). My second round of Femara 5mg 3-7 with Menopur injections 7-11, I ended up O'ing early on CD11, with follicle scan CD12 again which confirmed early O. Last cycle I did the same plan as cycle 2 on Femara + Menopur, but came in on CD10 and triggered the same day.

I think it depends on how good/bad your body reacts to the meds pinky. I didn't respond well with only Femara (16mm follicle on first scan), so that's why they added in the menopur, which obviously my body responds well too, causing an earlier O since they grow so much quicker. If you get to your scan on CD14 and you O'd early, they'll bring you in earlier next month. I think for any kind of med you start, its basically a guinea pig cycle the first month, so you AND your doctor can get a feel for how you react. Good luck though! :)

I'm feeling a little discouraged. I'm on my first cycle with Femara and I did 2.5mg on CD3-7. I was hoping to ovulate by now but I'm CD17 and haven't yet unless I missed the surge. I have PCOS and hadn't ovulated for like 5 years until I randomly did naturally last cycle but that was CD42. I was hoping since I randomly ovulated last cycle that I'd just have an even stronger O with Femara. I wish it'd hurry up and happen cause I'm feeling pretty down about it. Last cycle I had all kinds of signs of ovulation when it happened but none this time yet :(

Shiloh - I didn't normally ovulate until CD19 so just keep taking the OPK's! And last cycle when I got pregnant I didn't have any signs of ovulation AT ALL! When normally I have tons...so you never know!

Shilo, I don't usually ovulate until Cd 19 as well and last cycle I didn't O until CD 27!! My doctor upped my dosage to 5mg so hopefully that will bring O on earlier! Gl!!!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I ran out of OPKs yesterday and my new ones won't be here until tomorrow so I have to skip testing today. Figures too because I am CD19, the day everyone keeps saying was it for them :p I've had some random ovary pains here and there today. I'll just assume if I never get a positive then I either didn't ovulate or my positive would've been today making AF due around the 1st. Hopefully if today would have been my positive, the surge will last until tomorrow when my OPKs come. Last cycle my surge showed a positive for 2 days. Guess we'll see!

Harassed my Dr office but got my blood work results from yesterday progesterone was 10.6! Not stellar but higher then my unmediated 8.2

Today is CD12 and IUI scheduled for Monday! Looks like my body responded to the higher dosage of femara. I have one follie that is 27mm triggering tonight. Has anyone had a follie that big?

Shilo- I was on the same dosage as you and same thing I have PCOS. My first round of Femara I ovulated CD19 and the second round CD 20 and that's when I got my BFP. So no worries Femara does work. Good luck to you! And remember to BD as much as possible.:dust:

Hi femara ladies, hope you don't mind me asking a question? I am on cycle 5 of clomid, my doctor will only prescribe 6 cycles, if i have no Bfp by cycle 6 then they have told me the next step if ivf. As I already have one dd (conceived cycle 3 of clomid quite a few years ago) I will have to pay for ivf. I have been lurking on here and wondered if femara is an option that was offered to you after clomid failed? I have pcos and had one monitored cycle on the clomid when I o'd, I have been using opk's since then and getting a positive result but still bfn's.

Any help or info gratefully received, thank you.

Hello ladies! Happy Easter to everyone!

So...I tested this morning and got this...I am going to make sure they see me tomorrow for blood work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79