Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

I am still very cautious and not getting too excited just yet.

That's awesome Kantny! Hope you get good news from the doc- the first few weeks stink- esp after previous miscarriages! Are you taking progesterone or anything like that?

Shilo- have you had any other signs of O over the last few days?

I'm currently CD 18, and definitely no O yet- but today I finally have the signs I usually get- just no +opk...

Hi femara ladies, hope you don't mind me asking a question? I am on cycle 5 of clomid, my doctor will only prescribe 6 cycles, if i have no Bfp by cycle 6 then they have told me the next step if ivf. As I already have one dd (conceived cycle 3 of clomid quite a few years ago) I will have to pay for ivf. I have been lurking on here and wondered if femara is an option that was offered to you after clomid failed? I have pcos and had one monitored cycle on the clomid when I o'd, I have been using opk's since then and getting a positive result but still bfn's.

Any help or info gratefully received, thank you.

I never took Clomid just started with Femara but my doctor told me that a lot of women have become pregnant on Femara, after no success with Clomid.

Heli - Clomid did not work for me and I conceived on first round of Femara. There is surely no harm asking your doc to prescribe this for 2 cycles before going for IVF. That will be a good option.

Kantny - yay!! That is surely a BFP!! Congratulations dear!!!

Hello all

I am just winding down my first round of femara. I took 5mg cd 3-7 and was monitored via blood work and scans until cd19. I had just one 20mm follicle, bug one is all you need, right? My Dr had me use an ovidrel trigger the evening of cd 19.

had a pretty good experience, only a few hot flashes. I have not been on any other treatments prior. With a family history of breast cancer Dr felt that femara was a better option for me than clomid.

now I'm in the exact middle of the two week wait which is just the worst. Hoping for a positive outcome!

Well since I have a dentist appointment today I tested at 12 Dpo and got a bfn. So it looks like we are onto cycle 15 and round 2 femara.

SCGirl - Still negative opks but last night I had ALOT of ewcm. I've never had ewcm before. I hope it's a sign that ovulation is coming soon but my opks today have still been negative.

Hello all

I am just winding down my first round of femara. I took 5mg cd 3-7 and was monitored via blood work and scans until cd19. I had just one 20mm follicle, bug one is all you need, right? My Dr had me use an ovidrel trigger the evening of cd 19.

had a pretty good experience, only a few hot flashes. I have not been on any other treatments prior. With a family history of breast cancer Dr felt that femara was a better option for me than clomid.

now I'm in the exact middle of the two week wait which is just the worst. Hoping for a positive outcome!

I took femora cd 3-7 with trigger shot. I am in my 2 ww also. Wednesday I go for blood work and then next wednesday for blood pregnancy test. The 2ww is brutal. I just want to know!

I am happy to hear 4 FBP so far!!! Yay! :thumbup:

Hi Kantny,

How are you feeling today? Did you feel cramping around 4 dpIUI??

Thanks everyone! I called my doctor today and they said their policy is to wait until 6-8 weeks for a first OB appointment but I started to fuss and with my background they are letting me come in for blood work tomorrow morning. They said normally they do an ultrasound at the first appointment but since I am still too early they probably wont be able to see anything so they will just do another urine test to confirm and then do blood work.

Ebona-good luck! The TTW sucks!

Cowgirl-don't count yourself out just yet. I tested at 11dpo and it was negative and then tested again at 14dpo and it was positive. You are not out until AF arrives!

I took another test this morning. Here is the test from this morning and also I put it next to the test I took yesterday morning...the one from yesterday has yellowed a little bit. But does it look like there is progression in the color? These are both dollar store tests so I haven't taken another one yet. I am kind of nervous. But might do that later today. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
Hi Kantny,

How are you feeling today? Did you feel cramping around 4 dpIUI??

I didn't have any cramping at 4dpo but at 5dpo I had a sharp pain in my left ovary...lasted a few seconds and was then followed by soreness for a few minutes then I was fine.

Also in my 2ww 8dpo, nothing to report. Thinking this isn't my mnth. TTC is so draining. Well good luck to all!

Hi everyone! Just checking in - had my first IUI this morning and it went great! Hubby's count was amazing! Had 38.1 million soldiers placed inside with an 80% motility! Had two follies at least, possibly four! Fingers are crossed so tight! Will be trying to wait til AF is due to test. Good luck to everyone, and congrats to the BFP's!!!

Jennuuh! Glad your IUI went so well! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!!

Had my 5th IUI today hubby only had 19 million spermies 68% mobility. Crossing my fingers hopefully it works! I had 1 27mm follie and my lining was 7mm.

Called my doctor to schedule another round of Femara because this one was looking like a bust. An hour later I get this! Holding my pee and drinking as little as I can and testing in 3-4 hours again. It's so close.

Attachments

• opk1.jpg
    opk1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
  • opk2.jpg
    opk2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
Looks like it's officially another BFP for me! Conceived naturally after a miscarriage! Praying for this little bean to stick!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79