Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Well it looks like I'm going to be off the femara wagon. I had a really good first cycle, and this time I'm just not responding. It's CD 20, and my largest follie is still under 14mm and my estrogen/lh are still really low.

They're going to bring me in for one more look on Friday and possibly give me a booster round of clomid if my lining is still thin and nothing has happened.

I'm super disappointed. It's bad when you have the whole cycle go well and get a BFN, but I feel like I'm not even getting the chance to try! And that's super disheartening.

With all likelihood, I'll be using an FSH injection next cycle or moving on to ivf.

I didn't respond well my first month, so the second month they used Femara, + Menopur + Ovidrel trigger. There's no way they'll decide on that?? That combination is what helped me get pregnant for the first time ever after 6.5 years.

So Femara is definitely throwing off my cycle. I got a + OPK this AM. I usually get EWCM 2 days before O but this month none at all. Did Femara make anyone else not get EWCM? That happened to me with clomid too.

So Femara is definitely throwing off my cycle. I got a + OPK this AM. I usually get EWCM 2 days before O but this month none at all. Did Femara make anyone else not get EWCM? That happened to me with clomid too.

I definitely got more EWCM with Femara than any cycle I ever had on the Clomid, but it wasn't a lot. I'm thinking I might just be one of those girls that doesn't really get any. I used pre-seed, robitussin in the past, and Evening Primrose Oil. My last few cycles I only used pre-seed and the EPO, but I also had an IUI the cycle I got pregnant on. I think my problem was either hostile CM, or the fact that my cervix pointed in to my wall (they refer to this as a 'shy cervix.'

I would say to use pre-seed if you can get it - Any additional help when on fertility meds is a good thing!

Had my ultrasound yesterday, day 12 of cycle after using 10 mg femera for five days and no follicles :cry: They want me to come back again in three days for another $175 ultrasound. Really? No follicles one day and three days later there will be follicles. Anyone else have experience with this? And my chart...higher temps last two days following spotting four days ago. I think maybe I already ovulated. I just don't know anymore. I used to really know my body. Now I am just so confused :wacko: I wish I would have done OPK's now.
Any input would be appreciated.

I never got a +opk while on femara- also around the time I O'd I didn't have the usual signs- just a much higher temp the day after than I usually get. I was scared when I went ahead and started the progesterone that I hadn't actually O'd yet- but I definitely did!

(I didn't actually O until cd20- had been averaging 31)

I never got a +opk while on femara- also around the time I O'd I didn't have the usual signs- just a much higher temp the day after than I usually get. I was scared when I went ahead and started the progesterone that I hadn't actually O'd yet- but I definitely did!

(I didn't actually O until cd20- had been averaging 31)
Thank you. Weird that you didn't get a pos. OPK. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Had my ultrasound yesterday, day 12 of cycle after using 10 mg femera for five days and no follicles :cry: They want me to come back again in three days for another $175 ultrasound. Really? No follicles one day and three days later there will be follicles. Anyone else have experience with this? And my chart...higher temps last two days following spotting four days ago. I think maybe I already ovulated. I just don't know anymore. I used to really know my body. Now I am just so confused :wacko: I wish I would have done OPK's now.

Hey Melinda, I'm sorry still no follies. I honestly would not do another ultrasound. I would just wait for next cycle. Have you been tempting the whole cycle? If you can clearly see a larger temp rise, it may be possible you have already ovulated. Hope everything works out and you get your bfp soon.

Hey Melinda, I'm sorry still no follies. I honestly would not do another ultrasound. I would just wait for next cycle. Have you been tempting the whole cycle? If you can clearly see a larger temp rise, it may be possible you have already ovulated. Hope everything works out and you get your bfp soon.

Thanks Pink. Check my ovulation chart in my signature. I will continue to temp over this weekend if still elevated I will do a progesterone level. If they go back down I may consider another ultrasound.

I started a new thread but then found this one!
Wondering if anyone has ever taken Letrozole twice in the same cycle?
I just had my cd11 ultrasound (took letrozole 2.5mg cd4-8) and had several follicles but all 10mm or less. This is my first time taking letrozole and my cycles are usually 50+ days so I guess it's not that surprising.
I think I should probably wait until cd14 to have one more u/s but my RE mentioned the possibility of starting more letrozole tomorrow (pending results of today's bloodwork). I don't want to do anything prematurely (especially to increase the risk of multiples!) but I also don't want to wait to late and have this cycle be a bust.

Thoughts?? Thanks everyone!!

My OPK's went back to negative today so I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday. Does anyone know if it's negative, does that mean O already happened for might it still happen? We DTD this morning just in case but it was probably to late. Scheduled for CD21 blood test next week.

Thanks Pink. Check my ovulation chart in my signature. I will continue to temp over this weekend if still elevated I will do a progesterone level. If they go back down I may consider another ultrasound.

Looking at your chart I would think you've already ovulated. Maybe you could have your dr check progesterone level before scheduling another ultrasound.

I started a new thread but then found this one!
Wondering if anyone has ever taken Letrozole twice in the same cycle?
I just had my cd11 ultrasound (took letrozole 2.5mg cd4-8) and had several follicles but all 10mm or less. This is my first time taking letrozole and my cycles are usually 50+ days so I guess it's not that surprising.
I think I should probably wait until cd14 to have one more u/s but my RE mentioned the possibility of starting more letrozole tomorrow (pending results of today's bloodwork). I don't want to do anything prematurely (especially to increase the risk of multiples!) but I also don't want to wait to late and have this cycle be a bust.

Thoughts?? Thanks everyone!!

I have seen somewhere on one of these threads where someone was given Femara twice in the cycle to increase follie growth. I believe it worked for them, but I'm not sure if they got bfp.

I have read a bfp story today where if the first set of femara didn't work, then they increased the dose that month for another 5 days. So yes it can be done and yes it can give a single bfp! Good luck.

Had my US today, cd 10. I have an 18mm and a 16mm follicle on my left side from my 5mg of femara this cycle. I am so excited and can't wait for my Lh surge. :happydance: The tech said I should expect it in 24 hrs because one follie is at 18? It is weird my opk doesn't look even close.

Looking at your chart I would think you've already ovulated. Maybe you could have your dr check progesterone level before scheduling another ultrasound.
I know, totally looks like I ovulated and feel more progesterone-y. We will check a blood level on Monday. Sadly I don't know if we timed:sex: or not since I didn't expect to ovulate until after the ultrasound. Time will tell but I guess I am in my TWW. Fingers crossed.

Ohh wow you ovulated early! I can totally see why you wouldn't expect that. Weird that the US did not show anything.

Ohh wow you ovulated early! I can totally see why you wouldn't expect that. Weird that the US did not show anything.

I know right! I have on occasion had early ovulations. I am concerned maybe ovulating so early the egg didn't get enough time to mature properly. I have read ovulating late can have disminished egg quality. If anyone know please share.

So, ummm where is my LH surge? The PA said on Friday morning that I should see a surge in 24 hrs with my follicle at 18mm. It has now been 48 and my opk looks at least two days out. My EWCM started yesterday which happens 3-4 days before my Lh surge.

So if they get bigger by 2mm a day I'll have a 24 and a 26mm by the time I O, maybe even 28. I hope that is ok...? Femara cycle 1 and I am still learning all this stuff.

So, ummm where is my LH surge? The PA said on Friday morning that I should see a surge in 24 hrs with my follicle at 18mm. It has now been 48 and my opk looks at least two days out. My EWCM started yesterday which happens 3-4 days before my Lh surge.

So if they get bigger by 2mm a day I'll have a 24 and a 26mm by the time I O, maybe even 28. I hope that is ok...? Femara cycle 1 and I am still learning all this stuff.

I was told the follicles can increase in size 1-2 per day so maybe it is growing 1 mm per day for you. Hang in there and hope you ovulate soon.

Renaendel - I think Femara can throw off timing a little bit. Sorry I don't have an answer for you as this is my first round of it too. I hope you O soon.

AFM - I got 2 days of positive OPK's but never got EWCM which I normally do. FF isn't giving me crosshairs so I'm super confused.

Renaendel - I think Femara can throw off timing a little bit. Sorry I don't have an answer for you as this is my first round of it too. I hope you O soon.

AFM - I got 2 days of positive OPK's but never got EWCM which I normally do. FF isn't giving me crosshairs so I'm super confused.

I bet it is the temps on Cd 9 and 10 that are throwing it off. I read that femara can give a temp spike a few days after and I am also coming down from mine. Have you tried discarding those two temps to see if you can get crosshairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->