Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Hi Ladies! May I join you? I am starting my first round of Femara this month. I tried clomid for 3 cycles last year with no luck and I hated the side effects. My RE prescribed 5mg Femara on CD 3-7 with timed intercourse CD 12, 14, 16, 18.

My question is I started spotting on Friday with full flow yesterday and since I start on CD 3 would today be CD3 or tomorrow? My RE office is closed today so I can't call and ask them. I'm thinking that I will just take it late tonight before bed.

I'm off to read the rest of this thread and maybe answer my own question.

Fingers crossed you get you bfp this cycle. Femara worked for me the first try. I started it on cd5, but my RE says that cd1 is considered first day of full flow. However, I don't spot before af, so others may be different.

I was told by my ob/gyn it's the first full day of full flow. she said if i started at 9am one day, cd1 wasn't until the next day... which means every chart i've made has been off! crazy that we can all hear such different things...

I was also told it was the first full day of bleeding

I am hoping to join you ladies. I am starting Femara 5mg in 3-4 days. I am just waiting on full flow so I can count cd1. I am so glad I found this thread.

I ovulate on my own, but I am missing a tube and am 35. Doc said that femara had better results than clomid for those of us in our mid to late 30s. Ttc for 19 months.

Hi everyone, I have read the entire thread. Congrats to those lucky ladies who have conceive and my regrets to those of you have had losses. I have had four in the last 20 months or so myself.
I am 42, have PCOS, do ovulate but not great lately. I started femera, this will be day three. I have seen so many positives on first round, I am praying that will be me as well. After my last chemical my cycle was crazy. I didn't bleed like the previous chemical and ended up that I had a cyst. It resolved and was eager for AF so I could start femera. AF was late so I was getting excited but turns out it was another cyst. The nurse even started to cry for me :-(. Hard to get pregnant when you keep getting cysts. Well finally AF arrived so here I am CD 5 day 3 of femera. Woke up with EWCM but so far no other symptoms.
Hope I can join you all in this journey. Anyone else in this thread an old gal like me ;-). Can't tell the age of the mommies to be here.
And Shilo, I am so sorry for what you are going through. My first pregnancy ended with the fetus never developing. The ultrasound at 6 weeks showed no fetus. They gave me hope saying maybe it was too early. At 8 weeks still empty sac. I didn't miscarry until 10 weeks. It is such an emotional roller coaster. You have been pregnant, you conceived, try to be grateful with that knowledge. You will again and with a healthy baby.

16th cycle ttc, 3rd cycle on 2.5 mg femara. I'm not sure what's next, but I'm guessing we will up the dose. I'm a youngster 25, Dh is 24. I think I'm oing sometime soon, it's CD 14.

16th cycle ttc, 3rd cycle on 2.5 mg femara. I'm not sure what's next, but I'm guessing we will up the dose. I'm a youngster 25, Dh is 24. I think I'm oing sometime soon, it's CD 14.

Exciting, the fun part begins:sex:
Best of luck. Fingers crossed for you. Did you have an ultrasound to see if you had any follicles?

No I did not, we have no insurance coverage for infertility so having them check it every month would be super expensive. But my first month they checked and did a progesterone reading.

No I did not, we have no insurance coverage for infertility so having them check it every month would be super expensive. But my first month they checked and did a progesterone reading.

I hear ya. I am scheduled to have one next Tuesday. I asked if it was billable with insurance due to my cysts and they didn't answer. We will see.

I am hoping to join you ladies. I am starting Femara 5mg in 3-4 days. I am just waiting on full flow so I can count cd1. I am so glad I found this thread.

I ovulate on my own, but I am missing a tube and am 35. Doc said that femara had better results than clomid for those of us in our mid to late 30s. Ttc for 19 months.

Welcome. It may be true what your Dr said. I'm 32 Pcos and have one tube. Tried Femara for the first time, my dose was 7.5mg. I only had one follie on each side, so we triggered anyway and I actually conceived.
I hope it works for you, fingers crossed and baby dust.

Hi everyone, I have read the entire thread. Congrats to those lucky ladies who have conceive and my regrets to those of you have had losses. I have had four in the last 20 months or so myself.
I am 42, have PCOS, do ovulate but not great lately. I started femera, this will be day three. I have seen so many positives on first round, I am praying that will be me as well. After my last chemical my cycle was crazy. I didn't bleed like the previous chemical and ended up that I had a cyst. It resolved and was eager for AF so I could start femera. AF was late so I was getting excited but turns out it was another cyst. The nurse even started to cry for me :-(. Hard to get pregnant when you keep getting cysts. Well finally AF arrived so here I am CD 5 day 3 of femera. Woke up with EWCM but so far no other symptoms.
Hope I can join you all in this journey. Anyone else in this thread an old gal like me ;-). Can't tell the age of the mommies to be here.
And Shilo, I am so sorry for what you are going through. My first pregnancy ended with the fetus never developing. The ultrasound at 6 weeks showed no fetus. They gave me hope saying maybe it was too early. At 8 weeks still empty sac. I didn't miscarry until 10 weeks. It is such an emotional roller coaster. You have been pregnant, you conceived, try to be grateful with that knowledge. You will again and with a healthy baby.

Welcome Melinda, and baby dust to you. :dust:

Hi Ladies! May I join you? I am starting my first round of Femara this month. I tried clomid for 3 cycles last year with no luck and I hated the side effects. My RE prescribed 5mg Femara on CD 3-7 with timed intercourse CD 12, 14, 16, 18.

My question is I started spotting on Friday with full flow yesterday and since I start on CD 3 would today be CD3 or tomorrow? My RE office is closed today so I can't call and ask them. I'm thinking that I will just take it late tonight before bed.

Hey I had this question a while back and the answer I got was CD 1 was the day I started spotting.
Good luck to you! Femara worked for me on the second try. I O'd on Cd 19 with Femara so if your charting I would just keep Bding as much as possible until you O.

So i went back to check what answers I had on that previous post because everyone elses answer to your question was full flow which was contradicting my answer. I was mistaken, they did tell me the first day of red flow was CD 1.

Welcome everybody :)

Had another monitoring apt yesterday and I've got a couple of medium-small follies on my left ovary (my right ovary is just the worst). They're only about 8mm right now and my Dr won't give me the go ahead to trigger until they are 20mm (I don't ovulate on my own).

They're bringing me back in Friday which will be CD 16. Last round I triggered CD 19, but they upped my dosage this round so I'm hoping for at least couple of days sooner.

Hey I had this question a while back and the answer I got was CD 1 was the day I started spotting.
Good luck to you! Femara worked for me on the second try. I O'd on Cd 19 with Femara so if your charting I would just keep Bding as much as possible until you O.

So i went back to check what answers I had on that previous post because everyone elses answer to your question was full flow which was contradicting my answer. I was mistaken, they did tell me the first day of red flow was CD 1.

I talked to my RE office and they said to count the first day of spotting as day 1

Hmm well then I would go with what the RE says.

Welcome new ladies hope your Femara journey is a short one,

Congrats to any new PG ladies happy and healthy 9mths

AFM: The doctor visit went ok,I got the clomid and next cycle will be taking 100mgs of clomid hoping the the Femara kick started something since taking it my cycles were all 26 days on time every time,

My breasts have been extremely tender and feels a little more than usual,dont want to get my hopes up but I really wish i'll be PG this cycle,it feels so much different,if not then for sure my hormones are doing something,not sure if I should update since i'll be on clomid,what do you think?,but I'm not leaving you ladies will still be here to cheer you on

Will update if by some miracle I do get a BFP

Well it looks like I'm going to be off the femara wagon. I had a really good first cycle, and this time I'm just not responding. It's CD 20, and my largest follie is still under 14mm and my estrogen/lh are still really low.

They're going to bring me in for one more look on Friday and possibly give me a booster round of clomid if my lining is still thin and nothing has happened.

I'm super disappointed. It's bad when you have the whole cycle go well and get a BFN, but I feel like I'm not even getting the chance to try! And that's super disheartening.

With all likelihood, I'll be using an FSH injection next cycle or moving on to ivf.

Well it looks like I'm going to be off the femara wagon. I had a really good first cycle, and this time I'm just not responding. It's CD 20, and my largest follie is still under 14mm and my estrogen/lh are still really low.

They're going to bring me in for one more look on Friday and possibly give me a booster round of clomid if my lining is still thin and nothing has happened.

I'm super disappointed. It's bad when you have the whole cycle go well and get a BFN, but I feel like I'm not even getting the chance to try! And that's super disheartening.

With all likelihood, I'll be using an FSH injection next cycle or moving on to ivf.

Major bummer. I am so sorry. Fingers crossed the next thing works for you.
I am going in today for my ultrasound following first round of femera. I think I had a cyst burst on Sunday so I will see if I am right and if I have any follicles but my temp was up today so I may have ovulated along with the cyst bursting in which case we didn't bed until Monday so we may have missed it :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->