Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

This month was my second round of femera, no ultrasounds or follow up visits but I feel I have had the best ovulation I have had in over a year. Got EWDC for a few days, ovulatory pains, no spotting, temp went up today. We even made love not just a "deposit" ;-). I am so hopeful this cycle. The two week wait is gonna kill me. Good thing I have a crazy busy schedule this next week. If I don't end up pregnant this time since everything seemed to be right, I am afraid I will be devastated.

So I am on my 2nd round of Femara. I had lots of pinching in my ovary area during AF this month and on CD 7 I tested with an OPK and got a +OPK, this is while I was only on my 4th day of taking Femara. I have never O'd on CD7 before. Last month on Femara I O'd on CD14. Is it possible to get a false + on Femara? If I didn't, it means that I am already out this month as AF was still visiting when I got the + and we didn't DTD :(

I know Clomid can give false positives I'm not sure about femara though. Since they do similar things I guess it's possible. My Dr said oing on femara is very unlikely. I hope your just growing a super egg and don't o for a few more days.

my repeat US showed 20mm follicle on cd30, lining still around 6mm, and no LH surge yet.
i feel like my RE was just going to keep me coming in and monitoring but the visits just got so expensive so we ended up triggering with ovidrel on cd30 in the evening. I went in for IUI on cd32 (approx 38 hours later). they wanted 2-4 days abstinence prior to the IUI so i hope we didn't wait too long.
im now 3 dpiui and just waiting.
anxious to either get that bfp or even just AF so i can get this super long cycle over with! ill def bump up to 5mg femara next cycle bc i'm not sure the 2.5 did much for me. my cycles were always in the 50 days range and that's prob around where ill be for this cycle if af comes.
i go in for a progesterone check on 7 dpiui and then hcg on 14 dpiui. will keep everyone posted.

FXd for everyone starting new cycles around now!

just found out my progesterone is super low: 4.5.
im 6 dpiui so equivalent to cd20 or so.
i was started on progesterone suppository but am feeling super down.
did anyone else battle with low progesterone?? i don't know if i should even be hopeful for this cycle. the nurse said i ovulated bc of the ovidrel but i can't help but think it still wasn't good enough with only a 4.5!

just found out my progesterone is super low: 4.5.
im 6 dpiui so equivalent to cd20 or so.
i was started on progesterone suppository but am feeling super down.
did anyone else battle with low progesterone?? i don't know if i should even be hopeful for this cycle. the nurse said i ovulated bc of the ovidrel but i can't help but think it still wasn't good enough with only a 4.5!

It's kind of weird in my case. The only time my progesterone was low after ovulation was when I conceived. This has only happened 2x in my life.The month before this pg, without any meds it was a 20 with a natural ovulation. When I conceived with Femara, it was an 11 @15dpo. I took suppositories for 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed for you!!!

This month was my second round of femera, no ultrasounds or follow up visits but I feel I have had the best ovulation I have had in over a year. Got EWDC for a few days, ovulatory pains, no spotting, temp went up today. We even made love not just a "deposit" ;-). I am so hopeful this cycle. The two week wait is gonna kill me. Good thing I have a crazy busy schedule this next week. If I don't end up pregnant this time since everything seemed to be right, I am afraid I will be devastated.

Praying for your bfp Hun :hugs:

Mine were low before femara, now I take progesterone so I'm not sure what my level is.

thanks swtpinkbabi!
i guess ill find out if its still possible to conceive with low progesterone next week when i go in for my hcg!

Hi everyone. I read through most of the posts and got alot of inspiration from all the BFP. Baby dust to all those still waiting on that BFP.
DH and I have been ttv for over 3 years now. Changed doctors about a year ago and found out I had endomitriosis. Had laparoscopy last December. DH has sperm issues too so TTC has been an uphill battle but we are hopeful that our BFP is near. Started first month of Femara today and will get a trigger shot after monitoring by my doctor. Hope to read more BFP stories and looking forward to sharing my BFP news soon. -Babydust to ALL-

Hey ladies! I need advice/help! Sorry to just jump into this thread, but I have so many questions about this whole femara/iui thing.

Ok, today was cd 12 u/s day. I am technically cd 13 today. My lining looked great, 10 (mm?). anyways, my right had NO follicles and my left has a BABY follie, like barely 10mm. They are putting me on a second round of femara in the same cycle to boost follie production. What? I asked the nurse if it would throw my body off, and she said no. I said, so your body doesn't know CD it just knows hormones? She said, well basically!

Anyways, i go back in a week after 5 days of femara again to see how the follies look. I can't help but think this cycle is a bust! They say they have done this before often, that sometimes your cycle just needs a boost. I googled like crazy and have found a few threads that showed their RE's doing the same thing. I trust my RE, and I know he's way qualified for his job, but I can't help but scratch my head over this!

I did call a little bit after I left and asked for more explanation but until then, any ideas?

Hi everyone! Just checking in - It's been awhile! Wanted to send some baby dust, and let you all know we'll be confirming gender this Friday. We got a potty shot from last week, and the tech said she was 70% sure of her guess, and I posted on ingender and got nothing but the same guess from other techs as well. So we're excited!

Anyway. I wanted to comment for Ltruns - RE's do that a lot with Clomid patients, so it makes sense to try it with Femara. I used to follow a blog where a lady had to take the femara twice in one cycle, and I believe she DID get pregnant from a cycle like that. I wish I could find it for you but it was about two years ago. And I believe the nurse is correct - Your body doesn't know cycle days - It works off of hormones. That's how your body knows when to O and when to shed your lining for AF. My body didn't respond well enough the first time and by the time, it was too late so they let AF come, and the next month I was put on femara + menopur injections. Hopefully the second round helps you boost your eggs. Good luck!!

Hi everyone! Just checking in - It's been awhile! Wanted to send some baby dust, and let you all know we'll be confirming gender this Friday. We got a potty shot from last week, and the tech said she was 70% sure of her guess, and I posted on ingender and got nothing but the same guess from other techs as well. So we're excited!

Anyway. I wanted to comment for Ltruns - RE's do that a lot with Clomid patients, so it makes sense to try it with Femara. I used to follow a blog where a lady had to take the femara twice in one cycle, and I believe she DID get pregnant from a cycle like that. I wish I could find it for you but it was about two years ago. And I believe the nurse is correct - Your body doesn't know cycle days - It works off of hormones. That's how your body knows when to O and when to shed your lining for AF. My body didn't respond well enough the first time and by the time, it was too late so they let AF come, and the next month I was put on femara + menopur injections. Hopefully the second round helps you boost your eggs. Good luck!!

Thank you so much. Your post gave me some hope, which I needed very much of! Perfect :)

Good luck as y'all confirm gender soon. What are y'all hoping for?

Hey ladies! I need advice/help! Sorry to just jump into this thread, but I have so many questions about this whole femara/iui thing.

Ok, today was cd 12 u/s day. I am technically cd 13 today. My lining looked great, 10 (mm?). anyways, my right had NO follicles and my left has a BABY follie, like barely 10mm. They are putting me on a second round of femara in the same cycle to boost follie production. What? I asked the nurse if it would throw my body off, and she said no. I said, so your body doesn't know CD it just knows hormones? She said, well basically!

Anyways, i go back in a week after 5 days of femara again to see how the follies look. I can't help but think this cycle is a bust! They say they have done this before often, that sometimes your cycle just needs a boost. I googled like crazy and have found a few threads that showed their RE's doing the same thing. I trust my RE, and I know he's way qualified for his job, but I can't help but scratch my head over this!

I did call a little bit after I left and asked for more explanation but until then, any ideas?

Hang in there I thought my last cycle with Femera was going to be a bust too, my body was responding slowly to the meds I was on 5mg increased from 2.5, but eventually I got a good sized follicle in my right 23mm and it worked! BFP after 3 failed IUI's. I'm now 8w 5d pregnant! Good Luck lots of baby dust.

Hang in there I thought my last cycle with Femera was going to be a bust too, my body was responding slowly to the meds I was on 5mg increased from 2.5, but eventually I got a good sized follicle in my right 23mm and it worked! BFP after 3 failed IUI's. I'm now 8w 5d pregnant! Good Luck lots of baby dust.

Thank you so much! I hope so much that that happens to me! Can I ask what day you eventually did your iui in that cycle? Or, rather, how long it took to produce a good follie?

Thank you so much. Your post gave me some hope, which I needed very much of! Perfect :)

Good luck as y'all confirm gender soon. What are y'all hoping for?

If you would of asked me that 6 1/2 years ago I would have said boy, no hesitation! Now, I honestly do not mind. I want healthy beyond anything. I've thought since day 1 that baby was a boy though and when we got to the ultrasound and the tech said "You might want to stop calling baby a he." I panicked a little bit to be honest! But I am thrilled either way, no matter what they say on Friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->