Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Italy, how much did your iui run?

Dollar wise or time wise? My insurance covered the cost of the IUI but I had to pay $50 for the ovidrill and $10 for the femera, and $20 copay for the doctor visit. And $50 for the progesterone supps The blood tests and ultrasounds were covered too. I think I'm lucky living in MA cuz I think fertility is mandatory coverage in the state.

Time wise femera days 3-7, triggered on day 14, IUI day 16, first hcg blood test day 30 with BFP.

Italy - That's great coverage!

So can anyone give me some advice? I had normal 30 day cycles with ovulation before I took Femara. Now on my 3rd cycle and I had a 10 day AF (usually less than 1 week) and now it's CD22 and AF showed. Is this normal for Femara to affect my cycle so odd?

It gave me an odd AF at the start- I had a normal to light first day, light the second and third, but then spotted for the rest (usually I have 3 days of mod flow before spotting for maybe a day) - ended up being 7 days long, so longer than usual but less than usual. I took it CD 4-8. I didn't have mid-cycle bleeding for the first time in quite a while, which I think is a good thing, but I didn't O until CD 21 (and never got a +opk, testing multiple times a day!).

So, different from your situation, but it did seem to make things different as far as spotting goes. I only had one round of it- thankfully haven't had any bleeding since that odd period! Wish I could help- GL! (is it all out flow or could it be IB?)

Italy - That's great coverage!

So can anyone give me some advice? I had normal 30 day cycles with ovulation before I took Femara. Now on my 3rd cycle and I had a 10 day AF (usually less than 1 week) and now it's CD22 and AF showed. Is this normal for Femara to affect my cycle so odd?

The only time I had a 22/21 day cycle was when I wasn't on meds and I had a fluke anovulatory cycle. I really think that a cycle that short means you need to adjust something. I have very normal cycles on femara, of any dose. My cycles were normal 27-28 day cycle with positive OPKs and good progesterone levesl before femara too so it makes sense they'd stay normal for me. On clomid however, omg waaay long for me (30-35 days) and weird. I did NOT like clomid. Every body reacts differently to meds so maybe ask your doctor?

My dose of femara was changed to 2.5 mgs and CD3-12. My doctor thinks that maybe a lower, longer dose will help my slow growing follies (last month I had to go on 2 doses CD5-9 and 14-19 bc of a slow growing follie) I have only read one research article (https://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/84/abstract) that seemed like this was a positive thing for PCOS ladies (I have not been diagnosed with this). Anyone have any input on 10 days of femara?

7 days through this tww. Three huge follicles. All three went but they were on the right and I only have a left tube. Will find out in a few days if the other tube was able to pick up a few eggs.

7 days through this tww. Three huge follicles. All three went but they were on the right and I only have a left tube. Will find out in a few days if the other tube was able to pick up a few eggs.

Fingers crossed for you. I only have one tube also.

Hi Everyone I'm looking to join you guys:winkwink:

A little about me, I'm 30 and started ttc back in Jan 2008. We fell Pregnant in April 2008 but that sadly ended in a MC @ 6weeks. After that my cycles became very irregular and in 2009 after still not being able to get Pregnant again we were referred to Fertility Specailist and DH was given a SA that came back all good & all my blood work was fine as well, so was sent for Lap & Dye which showed all was fine with Tubes, Ovaries etc so agreed it must be an Ovulation Problem which I had said from the start.
I was started on Letrozole 2.5mg cd 2-6 and fell pregnant on our 2nd round.

We had a little boy called Corey James was born at 28weeks as I developed Pre-eclampsia he was in NICU for 11weeks and had to come home on Oxygen he was on that for a year. He is now 3 and doing amazing and we are ready to start trying for our 2nd baby.

I'm chatting my temp, taking Letrozole cd 3-7 not having any scans etc this time going at it alone for now. This Cycle was started by Nortbisterone I'm on CD 5 and spotting so will be start :sex:very soon.
Congrats to all those who have got:bfp:

Good luck to us all still waiting:dust:

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site but it makes me feel really good after reading all the success Femara has had in the group.

I was on clomid about a year ago and got pregnant but miscarried at about 5 weeks... ever since then clomid did not work for us. My left tube is slightly blocked but my right tube is clear.

I finally got an appointment with an infertility clinic and the dr has put me on clomid... im just waiting for the pergesterone to kick in so that I get my AF soon.... ill be taking 5mg from days 3 to 7.

Any advice????

Congrats to everyone with a BFP!

My hb and I started the in January 2013. By September, we finally got pregnant. Sadly I had a missed miscarriage and d and c December 10th at 13 weeks (stopped growing at 8?). Soooo. Been ttc since then but had two crazy 50 day cycles after d and c. went through blood work and day 21 progesterone testing. Turns out I'm not ovulating. Which now I question if I was ovulating before the miscarriage. So. may 50 mg clomid, June 50 mg, July 100 mg, August 150 mg. My period got very light and my doctor decided to switch me to femara which I started today. I basically need some success stories. Or maybe someone who is also havin trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage. I'm afraid the d and c did something.

Reach, welcome. I had my D&c four months ago and confirmed just yesterday that I am finally pregnant after 22 cycles. It us interesting my cycles are more normal after the d&c. Maybe the issue is endocrine or with the ovaries?

Java welcome to you too! The tube may add dome tine to getting pregnant but it can and will happen. Is your doctor monitoring your cycles so you know what side you ovulated on?

Good luck with your bedding CJ!

My hb and I started the in January 2013. By September, we finally got pregnant. Sadly I had a missed miscarriage and d and c December 10th at 13 weeks (stopped growing at 8?). Soooo. Been ttc since then but had two crazy 50 day cycles after d and c. went through blood work and day 21 progesterone testing. Turns out I'm not ovulating. Which now I question if I was ovulating before the miscarriage. So. may 50 mg clomid, June 50 mg, July 100 mg, August 150 mg. My period got very light and my doctor decided to switch me to femara which I started today. I basically need some success stories. Or maybe someone who is also havin trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage. I'm afraid the d and c did something.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant today with my third IUI cycle. I used femera! Good luck with your cycle! Sorry to hear about your previous MC :-(

Hi Java I'm new to hear as well, fingers crossed we won't be waiting to long:winkwink:
Just remember you only need one Tube so don't let that get you down. Glad the Fertility Clinic is now got you on Femera, hope you not waiting too long for:witch: to show up!!

Hi Reach, I'm sorry to hear about your loss:hugs:
I hope this give you some positivity, when I MC back in April 08 my cycles ended up all over the place and really irregular longest cycle being 117 Days was soul destroying. I then was referred to Fertility
Clinic and started on Femera and fell Pregnant on our 2nd round in Feb 11 couldn't believe it, this is a Miracle Drug and got us our Miracle and hoping it gets us our 2nd😀

Rena & Italy Congrats on both your:bfp::happydance:

AFM: On CD 7 take last Femera tonight😀 Can I ask do any of you guys feel pain in your Ovaries while taking Femera and also need to pee more? I'm not getting Scans or anything done so don't know if Follies will be bigger enough but last time I reacted really well to the meds so fingers crossed, when do you guys suggest I start testing with OPKs?

:dust: to everyone

for testing with the opk's, i've heard of all sorts of O days- it was recommended that I begin CD 9 (but i think some ladies here have O'd around that day).

but- don't wait for a +opk to dtd!!!!!! (I never got a +opk on my 1 femara cycle (actually tested 2x a day!)... but I obviously ovulated!!)

Good luck!!

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site but it makes me feel really good after reading all the success Femara has had in the group.

I was on clomid about a year ago and got pregnant but miscarried at about 5 weeks... ever since then clomid did not work for us. My left tube is slightly blocked but my right tube is clear.

I finally got an appointment with an infertility clinic and the dr has put me on clomid... im just waiting for the pergesterone to kick in so that I get my AF soon.... ill be taking 5mg from days 3 to 7.

Any advice????

Congrats to everyone with a BFP!

Good Luck next cycle. My RE recommended we have my blocked tube removed because it could leak some kind of fluid that causes miscarriages or implantation problems. After surgery we waited a year to ttc again. We got pregnant on our first ttc cycle and using Femara for the first time.

Hi Ladies��

How are you all doing? Where are you at in your cycle?

AFM: I had a massive temp drop on CD9 and it Spiked this morning so if it stays up there for another 2 days it will confirm Ovulation for me�� if so way quicker than I have ever ovulated before. We did:sex: CD8 at bedtime so may have missed it altogether or hoping we are lucky enough to get:bfp: as only takes one!!

Will let you all know if Ovulation is confirmed if so maybe someone can join me on my TWW and stop me from testing��

:dust: to you all❤️xxx

Hi all hoping someone had the same experience and possibly had a good result. My 1st IUI cycle was cancelled as my estrogen is low although the follie is 24mm. I read online femara can cause estrogen results which may not always be correct. Doc advised me to still do opk tests and bd just in case but is it even worth the effort with the opk tests if my estrogen is low?

Hi all hoping someone had the same experience and possibly had a good result. My 1st IUI cycle was cancelled as my estrogen is low although the follie is 24mm. I read online femara can cause estrogen results which may not always be correct. Doc advised me to still do opk tests and bd just in case but is it even worth the effort with the opk tests if my estrogen is low?

Hi Praying😀

I read your post and didn't want to just read and not reply. I have never experienced that as I'm not doing iui hopefully one of the other ladies will come along and be more help to you.

I just really wanted to say do as your consultant said it may still be possible if he is still telling you to try don't let the month go to waste.

:dust: to you and hoping you get your:bfp: soon!xx

AFM: I'm on CD11 and got my 2nd high temp this morning so if it up there again tomorrow then it will confirm Ovulation occurred on CD9 so should be 3dpo and officially a waiting game!!

Hi Praying😀

I read your post and didn't want to just read and not reply. I have never experienced that as I'm not doing iui hopefully one of the other ladies will come along and be more help to you.

I just really wanted to say do as your consultant said it may still be possible if he is still telling you to try don't let the month go to waste.

:dust: to you and hoping you get your:bfp: soon!xx

AFM: I'm on CD11 and got my 2nd high temp this morning so if it up there again tomorrow then it will confirm Ovulation occurred on CD9 so should be 3dpo and officially a waiting game!!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I haven't given up hope and will not unless dreaded af shows. Sending you some dust during your tww.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->