Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Wooho! I started bleeding and my period in incoming. I am happy because this bad chance month is finally over and I can move on.

Here is to Lucky month 22, femara month 3, lots of eggs and cute May babies.

Jennuh, good luck Friday! Let us know how it turns out.

Ltrusns, I have heard about quite a few ladies going on a second dose when things didn't work the first time. I hope it works for you.

Grats Italy! I just get so happy seeing this medication work for others. It gives me hope.

hi everyone. im on my 2nd cycle of femara (last 2.5, this one 5) and my cd11 u/s showed a 17.5mm and a 14.5mm follicle but lining around 4mm. my estradiol was also low (70s). I asked about estrogen supp but my RE said there's no evidence to support that changing outcomes.

anyone with thin lining success stories?? my internet search seemed to turn up some really gloomy reports of women with thin lining. i could def use some input and some positivity :)

thanks for listening!

Good luck ladies.
I just finished my last day of 5 mg, and now it's day 10 and I'm spotting.

Thank you so much. Your post gave me some hope, which I needed very much of! Perfect :)

Good luck as y'all confirm gender soon. What are y'all hoping for?

If you would of asked me that 6 1/2 years ago I would have said boy, no hesitation! Now, I honestly do not mind. I want healthy beyond anything. I've thought since day 1 that baby was a boy though and when we got to the ultrasound and the tech said "You might want to stop calling baby a he." I panicked a little bit to be honest! But I am thrilled either way, no matter what they say on Friday :)

haha how cute! Good luck! Not too much longer! I want boy too one day- but just anything would be a miracle! Hope your pregnancy goes smooth and uneventful for a healthy baby!

hi everyone. im on my 2nd cycle of femara (last 2.5, this one 5) and my cd11 u/s showed a 17.5mm and a 14.5mm follicle but lining around 4mm. my estradiol was also low (70s). I asked about estrogen supp but my RE said there's no evidence to support that changing outcomes.

anyone with thin lining success stories?? my internet search seemed to turn up some really gloomy reports of women with thin lining. i could def use some input and some positivity :)

thanks for listening!

I wonder about taking a progesterone supplement? My lining is usually 7-8 but after last IUI's progesterone it just to 10, almost 11. Even though my follicles weren't ready at cd 13 my nurse said "whoa that's great lining!" so maybe ask about the progesterone?

Good luck Hopethisyear!

Ltruns - I don't think progesterone would hurt at all. My progesterone this round of Femara plus IUI was 47.7. That's way more than normal, but my RE always said they'd like to see 15 or above. I know others say 12 or above.. It won't hurt to ask!

Also, just wanted to stop by and say we are team PINK! Baby is definitely a girl, and after a few minutes of bribing, she wasn't shy about showing us that was 100% a girl! We are so excited - Ladies, please don't give up. I never thought we would be here right now. Miracles happen, and I swear, this little baby was so worth our wait!

Hey ladies! I need advice/help! Sorry to just jump into this thread, but I have so many questions about this whole femara/iui thing.

Ok, today was cd 12 u/s day. I am technically cd 13 today. My lining looked great, 10 (mm?). anyways, my right had NO follicles and my left has a BABY follie, like barely 10mm. They are putting me on a second round of femara in the same cycle to boost follie production. What? I asked the nurse if it would throw my body off, and she said no. I said, so your body doesn't know CD it just knows hormones? She said, well basically!

Anyways, i go back in a week after 5 days of femara again to see how the follies look. I can't help but think this cycle is a bust! They say they have done this before often, that sometimes your cycle just needs a boost. I googled like crazy and have found a few threads that showed their RE's doing the same thing. I trust my RE, and I know he's way qualified for his job, but I can't help but scratch my head over this!

I did call a little bit after I left and asked for more explanation but until then, any ideas?

Hang in there I thought my last cycle with Femera was going to be a bust too, my body was responding slowly to the meds I was on 5mg increased from 2.5, but eventually I got a good sized follicle in my right 23mm and it worked! BFP after 3 failed IUI's. I'm now 8w 5d pregnant! Good Luck lots of baby dust.

Thank you so much! I hope so much that that happens to me! Can I ask what day you eventually did your iui in that cycle? Or, rather, how long it took to produce a good follie?

Sorry just saw this, they ended up triggering me on CD 15 on the IUI cycle that worked 23 mm two day prior it was only 13mm. The previous IUI that didn't work they triggered my ovulation (ovidrill shot) on CD 20 the follicle was 17mm.

I'm so glad I found this thread! It gives me hope!

Can anyone share success stories with trying Femara after failing to ovulate with Clomid. I tried Clomid, and never had a dominant follicle. I've been diagnosed with PCOS, and I will be starting Femara 2.5 mg next month. I'm just looking for some positive reinforcement that this may actually work! MY doctor said the next option is IVF, and the fact that he mentioned it has me doubting his confidence in the Femara...it seems like it may just be something he needs to "check off the list" as we move closer to IVF.

THANKS!

I'm so glad I found this thread! It gives me hope!

Can anyone share success stories with trying Femara after failing to ovulate with Clomid. I tried Clomid, and never had a dominant follicle. I've been diagnosed with PCOS, and I will be starting Femara 2.5 mg next month. I'm just looking for some positive reinforcement that this may actually work! MY doctor said the next option is IVF, and the fact that he mentioned it has me doubting his confidence in the Femara...it seems like it may just be something he needs to "check off the list" as we move closer to IVF.

THANKS!

Me! Right here! 11 failed rounds of clomid - Never once did I ovulate. My RE moved me straight to 5mgs though, and the first month I had one follicle - Triggered with Ovidrel but BFN. Second month we added in Menopur injections since my first month follicle wasn't a 'great' size, I O'd on my own before my follicle ultrasound check. BFN. Third month, same thing - 5mg, menopur injections but had a less than stellar BD schedule since hubby was out of town and BFN. Fourth cycle, same protocol, but with IUI and BFP! My Dr. mentioned IVF as well - But I think its because they want you to know what's going to happen BEFORE they surprise attack you IF one thing doesn't work. Don't think he's not confident in it :) He might just want you to know your options!

Good luck! Femara is 100% better than clomid in my opinion!

THANK YOU so much Jennuuh! That's exactly what I needed to hear. My OB doesn't do any injectables though, so I'm only doing Femara by itself....I'll start at 2.5, then 5 mg, then 7.5 mg, then....IVF. At least, that's what he says. Maybe if it doesn't work, I'll seek out a RE that may allow me to try injectables like menopur!

I wanted to add that I also did Femara 5 mg with gonal f injectables, combined with IUI and it worked for me as well.

THANK YOU so much Jennuuh! That's exactly what I needed to hear. My OB doesn't do any injectables though, so I'm only doing Femara by itself....I'll start at 2.5, then 5 mg, then 7.5 mg, then....IVF. At least, that's what he says. Maybe if it doesn't work, I'll seek out a RE that may allow me to try injectables like menopur!

I don't believe OB's have the power to prescribe injections - If you happen to not make good eggs on 2.5mg, hopefully he will up you to 5mg. If you happen to have borderline eggs, I would definitely contact an RE, and they can discuss injections with you!

Doctor started me on Femara 2.5mg 3-7 last month for the 1st time due to not ovulating. First round a Bust!!!!:cry: Going to be starting my next round soon. Would love to hear some success stories and cycle buddies....

Hey ladies! So, I had two rounds of femara in the same cycle a while back, and even after the second round being upped to of 7.5 the ovaries just didn't cooperate well this cycle. I'm going in Wednesday expecting to have my cycle be a bust, at CD 25 I'm sure AF or something is around the corner. I am hoping that my body just had a weird cycle.. stubborn ovaries! Femara worked great last time. Anyways, good luck to all trying still!

Hi ladies.
I'm new to Femara. My OB started me on 2.5 mg CD 3-7 today.
No side affects so far. Im pretty optimistic that it will do the trick. My cycles are all over the place. Are there any cycle buddies out there?

GL to all of you. X

Hi ladies, I've been quiet lately. We are almost done with cycle #5 of femara. We are taking a break after this month until we get a referral until a infertility clinic.

Anyone here get a cyst from the femara they were taking?!? I got a cyst on my first cycle =(

Anyone here get a cyst from the femara they were taking?!? I got a cyst on my first cycle =(

Yup I got a cyst from the clomid, then another one from the femera, but the femera worked and I'm now 11 weeks pregnant!

The clomid cyst was a corpus leuteum cyst that resolved itself, the femera cyst was still there at a 9 week ultrasound but isn't affecting the baby, so don't worry too much about the cyst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->