• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara / Letrozole thread

I am so sorry Patient!! 😢 absolutely heartbreaking.

ugh. another cousin having a baby. this will be #7 for their family. (3 for one cousin, 3 for another, and now 1 for sibling #3).

it's getting to be too much. it's getting so hard to see all of the pregnancies.

Ladies... I've just caught up with this thread, and am sending baby vibes your way. We all have different stories, but we're all in this together. It's nice having a place to come and find support for all we go through.

Aayla, I understand your frustration. I have no words, but am a sending virtual hugs. I am so sorry.

We're back from a week long vacation. It's been really nice getting my mind off things for a little while. I was chatting with my cousin the other day who went through rounds of meds and procedures to get pregnant (she has 1 son and was trying for a second kiddo). She never did get pregnant again, and she's now past the age where she can. She told me that it was devastating and it was a hard fight, but in the end, she came to terms with it and is happy for all she does have. It's a great outlook, and in my mind, I agree with her, but in my heart... Well it just aches for a baby!

DH has a follow-up SA on Friday to test if his abnormalities are related to his Diabetes. Then we have a consult with the doc.

We've essentially taken this month off (no meds and untimed bd). It's nice to have a little emotional vacation from all of this, although I'm sure I'll still be freaking out around the time AF is expected... I always do!

Alyna, thanks for sharing your friend's story. I have a different story to share.
A friend of mine spent nearly a decade ttc, first naturally, then ivf. Nothing worked.
They finally decided to give up and adopt a kid. A few years later when she turned 41 she fell pregnant naturally. Everone was shocked.
It didn't happen when she was 32 or 33, when she really worked hard to get there and when her eggs were still young. It happened that late, when most doctors tell you your chances are 5 pct or less.
So one never knows. Funny that sometimes it happens only after we give up!

Sorry patientmum....it will happen for you....

I tested this morning...bfn... I am upset ..but I kinda knew this is how it would be. So that's that. I am taking a break next month. I am thinking of trying maca. Has anyone tried that... fingers crossed for everyone else....

thanks molulife! I am so sorry for your BFN!
Do take a breather and who knows, it may happen the month after when you're all relaxed and full of energy again!
I've tried maca but my body prefers chinese hebs. Maca has made me spot before AF... But everyone's different. For some ladies it fixes spotting. It's a powerful herb.
I'm taking one month "off" as well, I mean once my AF turns up. I just can't wait for it to arrive. My body is so cruel by reacting with a delay! Keeps reminding me of what happened...But I'm looking ahead and believe in a happy ending. And I can't wait for tomorrow, going for a kineziology session (always helps me after some trauma) and then a nice dinner with hubby! :)

What?! Oh no Patientmum! I had such a strong feeling for you. So sorry to hear how it turned up :hugs: hope you treat yourself something nice to make you feel better.

Alyna, I hear you and your cousin. My friend has gone the same ..about 1,5 yr ago she was still saying how she could have another but now after years of trying she is sayin how she couldnt handle the sleepless Nights and all that what comes with a baby and how she is fine with one. But I think all that attitude comes with giving up - when theres nothing you can do anymore, and telling yourself what are the benefits of "just one" I know this sounds horrible to you where strugling to have that one. And I know I will be telling myself the same stories if we never get another child. There will be some work done in my mind if/when that day comes when I need to give up. I have in a way already started that Job though.

Molu, will you be testing soon again? I hope it turns out BFP :hugs: dont lose hope yet

:flower:

How is everyone? Its so quiet in here.. I hope all is well <3

I'm doing okay. Had a touch of spotting yesterday. Just once. As I am on provera this shouldn't happen but it's not uncommon for some women to get af early when they take it to induce. Although I have been on this for a long time before and I have been on it for 2 weeks now, so it's abnormal for me.

It has been on mind so much that in my dream last night I got af when I shouldn't have. lol.

i'm not opposed to getting af but it may change things. I just have to watch and see I suppose. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow and ask the what if situation.

I didn't test after that, since I know it was bfn. Af started yesterday..... I was still debating maca...finally I told myself what's there to lose. I will start maca tomorrow. We are taking a break for now. I need a break from all the hormones ... how is everyone else...

I am calling the doc to ask to be off of Provera. One of the side effects is mood swings. Which makes sense since it is progesterone and that is a hormone that gets released after ovulation so I am pretty sure it is what causes pms. So for those with a mood disorder (like I have) it can be much much worse. Normally this dosage is fine but it's been over a year since I have been on it longer than a week. (I was once up to such a high dose that affected me so bad - really bad rage - that the doc said that this dose has to work because any higher and I will kill people. Thankfully it did work). so for the past week and half I have been ragey and crying at the drop of a hat. But it all came to a head last night.

Last night I totally broke down and lost it on hubby and accused him of cheating on me because he didn't answer one of my texts for over an hour. His phone died while he was out and he couldn't charge it as he was in a car and going to another friends house. He text me when he had enough charge. He even sent a photo of who he was with. Not that there was any reason for me to think he would ever cheat on me. We have never had issues like that in our 9 years together. I was just in a mess of a state. I knew who he was with. They have been friend of ours for all the time we have been together and his friends longer than that.

Even hubby agrees that I have to go off of this drug.

We are okay now and he knows it was the pill. He's been through much worse with me. I'm so very blessed to have a guy that is understanding.

Sorry Molu :hugs: big hugs to you. So are you taking a break now or still ttc without Letrozole?

Aayla - wow. Yes, that sounds like really bad pms. Glad your DH didn't get mad after that, its such a mess when hormones get overload :wacko:. Hopefully your doc will find you something that suits better :flower: or stop totally. Its not good for you if you are feeling terrible and making ppl around you feel bad too. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I have finished my 3rd round of letrozole and waiting for o to show up..and then get my hopes up again :juggle:

Sorry Molu! &#128543; Try Vitex or fertilityaid from amazon. I've heard great things on both.

my hubby has been wonderful. I have already gone off the pills. It's been 3 days. I'm still not totally myself but I am getting there. Our plan is for me to go right back onto letrozole. I am just waiting for doctor confirmation. Since I have only missed one cycle the likelihood of the hyperplasia suddenly coming back is quite small. So now I am waiting for af to show. Usually after I take it 7 days it comes about 3 days later. I suspect it will take a bit longer because I have been on it longer. On Friday I plan on buying the digital opks with smiley and I will be temping as soon as af or consistent spotting happens.

Asry: I hate the waiting to O part, although it is the most fun. But I am still having a toss up between that wait and the TWW on which is worse.

had some spotting tonight. af is just around the corner. I will be starting my letrozole on cd 3. I am so excited to be trying again.

Jenntt - whats up with you lovely Lady? Have you started pills yet?

And Yay Aayla!! Bring on af (for now) and lets get busy ;)
Ha ha and yeah, is there any nice part in ttc? Exept for the bd :D (well not that all the time either as sometimes I just wouldnt even bother otherwise ..) anyhow..such a Waiting game ;) I think the most optimistic I am is right after ovulation.

Well I am F***ing gutted. Doc said no letrozole. We must do a biopsy and get the results back so I now have to sit through this freaking cycle doing absolutely nothing. Which sucks because that means I have to go back on the provera to induce it close to the end of this cycle because it doesn't come on its own. My biopsy is on the 12th. My thought is to bypass his orders and take it anyway on cd 5-9 instead of 3-7. Not sure what the difference will be since I ovulate late anyway.

But I just don't know. I want so bad to be TTC right now, not just because I want a baby but my due date is coming up and my birthday and mother's day (all within a week of each other). Even if I wasn't pregnant at least I know I was trying. But to sit here and do nothing and then have my cycle start again just before my bday sucks.

My only positive thought with doing what the doc says is that it gives me that month to lose more weight. But I know I won't be down to IUI weight by then. That is a 50 lb loss and I won't be doing that in a month. That would be a 1.5 lb loss per day.

My mom says that I should just go ahead and do it. What if I was ovulating on my own? There is no chance of my ovulating by the time the biopsy is and so certainly no chance of being pregnant. I know that if the hyperplasia is back they will want to put me back on progesterone. Or hell..I may need a hysterectomy. Ideally that is what they wanted but I want kids.

I'm so conflicted. and mom is afraid I will lose my momentum if I just have to sit here and wait. When I get depressed it is hard to stay motivated. Right now I just want to eat ice cream and cry.

Hi Asry &#128156; I'm good just still waiting for af. It may come tomorrow because I had a terrible headache last night. I understand if it's a little late cause they were just in there moving things around &#128513;
Howard are u doing?

I'm sorry Aayla! Hugs. Fingers crossed for your biopsy! Send good luck vibes your way! &#128518;

I hope Molu is relaxing! &#128537;

How's Alyna? &#128537;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"