• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara / Letrozole thread

Asry- you're so right, we need a bfp in our group!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Patient - great news on stronger lines!!! Fingers crossed! 😃😃

Yay Aayla! You can do this! We're all cheering you on!! I know that pill sucks but you really strong and can do it!!

Molu- thank you!! Yes Doc said to call when I have my period and then we will do iui. He wants me preggo sooner than later! Love it! The surgery was done in the middle of your cycle so shouldn't be much longer. Post op was today and he said it was stage 2 endometriosis and it's all gone now and tubes are clear!! 4dpo yaaay!! Baby dust!!!!! 😄😄

Happy Easter girls!! 💙💜💛💚

So I have to call my doc to get clarification. I was googling how much it costs for the hcg shot here and my clinic's site popped up. I looked there first but didn't see anything specifically about hcg trigger shot on their fee list. When I googled a result came up for their page on IUI. Which makes sense as they had said this would be the next step but I thought maybe they would trigger and we would do it at home. Turns out that, at least by the description, they don't just trigger and do it at home. They do the IUI. Which has me a bit worried in regards to cost.

Right now my letrozole costs me $55 per cycle. I still have to take that with the IUI. The trigger shot (I found out on another site) is about $100. The cycle monitoring is $400, the semen wash is $400 and they charge to teach me how to inject myself which is $200. So in total my cycle will cost me $1155. I barely make that in a month myself, right now. and hubby makes just over that. My mom says everything will be fine but I hate the fact that I am 38 years old and can't afford to do this. I can barely afford to save up and I don't want to borrow money from them.

I already have to save up at min $2000 to go to a wedding in September. Now I will be lucky if I can do this one time before then. I will save $200 by not having to go through injection teaching again but that only brings it down to $955. Still a lot of money per cycle.

I may be worrying over nothing which is why I have to call the doc to verify the pricing and the plan. I haven't told hubby yet. He was worried about the cost and he's depressed enough over this. He sees his chance at being a dad dwindling.

Do you HAVE to go to that wedding?? Do you think they will understand if you don't? Don't feel like you have to please anyone during ttc. This is your priority for your family. I think not going to the wedding will take some stress off so you can enjoy this! Hugs!!

Hopefully your new diet will help with ovulating!

It is my brother getting married so I have to go. If it was a cousin or a friend I wouldn't.

Talked with hubby and he is all in. He said to do the budget and we will cut where we need to. No unnecessary spending for the next 2 months. We are cutting cable and home phone. I have lowered the cost of my plan for my cell and he will do the same. And I am going to go through all of our stuff to sell stuff. And for my bday I am going to ask for monetary funds to go towards the IUI.

Selling stuff is a great idea! It gets you some extra $ and declutters your house at the same time. I'm happy your hubby is all in with you!

We cut spending too. You realize how much you don't need.

We also have a friend that owes us $400. They've been slowly paying off something they bought from us and I'm going to talk to her and see if she can make us a priority next month. Normally, because she's my best friend, we are ok with being the last on the list next to food and rent etc..they don't always have good months pay wise as they own their own business.

Our main spending area is eating out. I'm the only cook and sometimes I just don't want to but now I am going to put a sign on the fridge to remind myself that even if I don't want to I have to so we can afford this. My mom said all will be fine, which means she is going to help pay for it but I want to make an effort to show her I don't want to rely on that.

Aayla- don't worry... it will all work out for you...keep trust in God.
Jenntt- you will soon be able to try and surely conceive... don't you worry about bit...I am really excited for you.
Patient- I can't wait for your blood test results now... hoping for good hcg numbers for you.

As for me... today is 6dpo not much symptoms. I feel sorry breasts sometimes and sometimes bloated too. ..but it could also be the progesterone and the estrogen. I really think I am out this month :(

How was the test Patientmum?? I cant wait! Werent you supposed to test yesterday? Fx!!!

Aayla - sounds like a plan and I hope you get the funds for the IUI! Cant believe how expensive it is. Well the same in here if you go to private clinic but in public healthcare you'd pay for like IUI about 300-400€.

Molu- too early to think you are out, still days to go and hopefully you'll soon be posting BFP news in here!! :)

Jenntt- have you started the meds yet or do you have to wait for the next cycle? I have no idea where you are at your cycle now

AFM- finally af showed her ugly face today. I was already getting exited as my temps were the highest this morning, but when went to the bathroom the truth came out. Oh well, it sucks, but need to hope this cycle will be the one <3

Hope you girls had a nice Easter!

Thank you Molu!! &#128536; And it's waaaaaay too early to think you're out! Sore boobies is a good sign! Please stay positive! Can't wait for you to test. I'm excited for you!! &#128515;&#128515; keep us posted on symptoms. Are you temping this time?

Asry- I'm sorry! On to the next cycle now. No more waiting. April will be your month!! &#128156;

The surgery was done in the middle of my cycle so I have to wait for af now. I wasn't on any meds. Should be here in another week then I'll start femara. After having the surgery done, there was a huge weight lifted! Finally having an answer, I can go into next cycle really excited!!

Fingers crossed for us!! &#128516;&#128516;

Thankyou Asry, I am trying to keep my hopes alive.
Jenntt- I don't temp, don't know how. Last cycle I checked my cervix and that is screwed up too :). Now I am just waiting till Thursday and test at 10dpo. I usually test 9-10dpo. Sore boobies are a good sign but I am pretty sure it's a side effect of the estradiol pill that I take . Let's see.... hopefully your af comes soon and you can start your cycle.

Yeah, I never liked temping. All of my bfn cycles looked like bfp on the chart...too stressful waking up at the same time too. Good you have a plan when to start testing. Just a few more days!! Fingers crossed for you! &#128516;&#128516;&#128516;

Well I freaked out over nothing. Confirmed with the doc assistant on what might be happening. She said she didn't mention trigger but I could have sworn she did. Maybe I misheard. But the next step was not IUI as I got pregnant with timed sex before.

But if we want to go on to do IUI then we can and I have to be sure my bmi is under 45. But the price is only $400. Which is for the sperm washing. Everything else that is on the price list I guess doesn't pertain to me. $400 a month we can do. But I have to talk to hubby to see what he wants.

That's great news! The fact that it has worked with timed is so promising. Means your hubby numbers are good and it helps to keep cost down! All the numbers you said before seemed high anyway. So happy for you!!! &#128077;&#128077;

Hubby was confirmed to have great numbers. The doc called him superman. :haha: (so it is a running joke and it is funny because his fave superhero is superman).

Hubby said he wants to do IUI. So now I have to work my ass off to lose the weight. Ideally I need to drop 50 lbs. If I don't quite make the goal by then (it would mean a pound a day loss) then we will do a cycle of just letrozole and timing sex.

I really feel that this is the right next step.

talked to hubby. He wants to go with the IUI. He really wants me to be pregnant since it can double our chances he wants to go for it. Especially now that it is only $400. So now I have to lose 50 lbs in 50 days. Not totally impossible but my diet will be quite strict. If i don't meet that goal then we will do rounds of just letrozole until I do. But I have to have my bmi under 45 and right now it is 51.6. Even just 10 lbs is a loss of 1.6 points on the bmi scale.

I feel that IUI is the next step. It feels right in my gut. So I am going to do whatever I can to get back down to that bmi.

That's awesome about hubby's numbers! You can lose the weight but take care of yourself at the same time. Cut carbs and sugar and you'll watch the lbs melt off! I'm excited for you! Good luck! &#128077;&#128077;

Can't wait to hear about Patient's numbers!!

Asry - are you starting letrozole soon? I hope it treats you better this time! &#128156;

Molu- one day closer to testing!!! Fingers crossed! &#128516;&#128516;

How's Alyna doing?

hi girls! jenntt, thanks for keeping in touch with my story...I have some bad news. tested again this morning and my bfp with a faint line has practically turned into a bfn, i mean the second line can still be seen but only if you look really closely. clinic says probably chemical pregnancy, but wait for two more days and if no AF, come for bloodwork/us. I am quite sure this short pregnancy ended a week ago when i stopped craving catchup and mayo. the easter weekend has been really sad for me as i felt no symtoms and waited for this morning's testing that I knew would end up the way it did. I am slowly recovering, at least mentally. to recover also physically, i pray for AF to arrive asap. i just feel some cramps and moderate lower back ache - signs of AF each months for me, but no actual blood flow yet. On a more positive note, I have just read some statistics in a story from last year on telegraph.co.uk saying that in the Twenties, when there was no reliable contraception, the avg. age a woman had her last child was 42! makes me feel still young :)

Patient: I am so sorry to hear this is happening.

Aayla, thank you! This is the third time I got pregnant and still no baby. You will probably agree that miscarrying is the saddest and most painful thing ever. I am sorry for your loss! I also miscarried naturally at 5 wks and then a MMC at 12wks. Heatbreaking... But looking forward always helps, doesn't it? I hope we get our sticky beans soon!

it is completely heartbreaking and I feel for any woman who has gone through more than 1. I can only imagine the consistent heartbreak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->