• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara success?

Well - my monitoring ultrasound revealed several 6-10mm follies on the right, the two biggest on that side were right around 10mm. At that point I was hoping all of the lead ones were around 10mm, which would likely mean I'd be ready to trigger later in the week, Friday maybe. Then the tech swung the wand over to my left ovary and found one huge one, 18mm. She said there's no way the 10mm ones will catch up by the time the 18mm one will be ready to go, so they're having me trigger tomorrow night, and :sex: starting tonight through Thursday or Friday. My lining was 7.6, she said it should get to at least 8 by trigger tomorrow.

SO, our goal was for best case 2-3 good follicles, hopeful for 1-2, and wishing they were on the right (because my left tube is blocked). NOW, all our hope rests on one follicle from the left, hoping the right tube can pick it up and deliver it to a nice snug lining in the uterus.

If this cycle turns out to be a bust (which I'm kinda already feeling, since essentially i didn't get more than a normal ovulation out of the meds), I'm guessing the doc will change my meds or, at the very least, change my dosing. I'm hoping he'll have me start the Bravelle earlier (since the injection last night was too little too late given that I already had one dominant follicle outpacing all the rest) and add more Bravelle injections to encourage more follicles. I don't know what he'll do with the letrozole....

Anyway, that's the latest.
I feel like my body could have a career in major league baseball, it's so good at throwing curveballs!

That's great ENSharp, one good follie is all you need. Praying your right tube gets the signal and picks it up.

Thanks Swtpinkbabi!
Congrats on your BFP by the way - when are you due? I'm guessing some time in late January '15 or early Feb '15?
Sending you wishes for a healthy and uneventful 9 months!!!
:dust:

Hey ladies,
I have a time-sensitive question, and I do have a question in to my nurse and am waiting to hear back from her... but I'm impatient so I'm hoping to tap your expertise.

I had a monitoring u/s yesterday that showed a single dominant follicle, 18mm on the left (the side of my blocked tube). I was instructed to take my trigger shot tonight around bedtime (I was planning around 10pm), to give the follie another day to mature a little and for my lining to get a bit thicker (it was 7.5mm, they were hoping to give it time to get to 8+ by trigger). BUT, I got a +OPK this morning, and my history suggests temps confirm ovulation for day of or day after my first +OPK in the cycle (meaning, if this was a normal cycle I'd be expecting to O today or tomorrow, with the trigger O would be on Thursday). The doc had me stop temping, so all I have to go on is the ultrasound, OPK, and trigger timing. I do O on my own pretty normally and predictably after a +OPK.

My question: should I take the trigger early? Should I skip the trigger and just O on my own (since it's only 1 follie anyway)?

My thinking for using the trigger (and sooner?): 1) will the trigger shot offer any help in final maturation of follicle and lining, making it valuable above and beyond the natural LH surge? 2) It is a near guarantee that I'll ovulate whereas the LH surge alone doesn't necessarily mean that (although I do typically O immediately after a +OPK)

My thinking against using the trigger: 1) is the trigger shot just duplicating the natural LH surge (hence, wasting an expensive shot), and 2) this cycle feels like a bust anyway - Oing from the side where the tube is completely blocked, so I expect I'll need the trigger shot for next month's protocol anyway.

Any thoughts? For any of you who have used trigger shots, have you had a +OPK before the shot? What were you instructed to do?

TIA!

Ensharp, I wish I could answer your question but my RE tells me not to use opk's with PCOS. I usually O around cd18, but they wanted me to trigger at 8pm on cd13. I actually ended up o'ing cd15 around 8pm about 12hours after my IUI. I always chart and I had my temp rise the day after iui, so they timed it pretty well. I would say it's your decision if I you want to use the trigger. I didnt feel positive about my cycle, but we put all we had left in savings for it with only one follie to count on our good side. I did O out both sides so we dont know which follie was picked up. But the one on the right side was the largest. My EDD is Jan 18, but I have my dating scan next Thurs.
Fingers crossed for you!!!!xxx

Nurse had me skip the trigger shot since I got the +OPK meaning my body is surging naturally on its own. SO, this cycle is now just the old fashioned way, and if it doesn't work out I saved the $135 shot for next cycle. I didn't temp this cycle, but I did take a temp this morning and as a single data point (not very valid) it's still around/just above my usual pre-O temps, so we'll see what happens. I think one more day of :sex: and I'll let my husband have a break :thumbup:

Just wanted to give an update this was cycle 3 of femera, And have got my BFP last month so excited cant wait for when I can go for an ultrasound...

big congrats for all other that got there BFP

And baby dust for all still on there journey

Love the update, Ibelieve!!!

I'm solidly in the 2ww now, although I'm not exactly sure when I O'd because we canceled the trigger shot and I wasn't temping this cycle. I'm guessing I O'd on CD13, so I'll test next weekend (while we're away on a kayak trip, even!). Just trying not to go on symptom watch between now and then...

Hey ladies, congrats to all those who received their bfps through femara and good luck to those still trying, its a miracle drug so just give it time.

Just a quick update from me, my twins were born on the 24th of May at 37 weeks, so full term, amazing for twins, they weighed 7.1 and 6.8lbs and are perfectly healthy. I love being a mom, its amazing, but being a mom to twins is even more spectacular, being around two very unique babies is such a blessing and a lot of hard work, I don't think I have slept more that 3 hours straight since their birth, but I don't mind as long as they are okay I am 100%. I am so blessed with my dh, he is an amazing dad and such a great hubby, he works every day and still helps out at night! We are so in love with our babies.

I wish you all success as you start this journey, no one said it will be easy, but its going to be so worth it.

:hugs:

Congrats, and thanks for the update. Glad your babies are well. :hugs:

Hi Ladies
Came across this post. Its really encouraging to read so many success stories. I have PCOS and have been TTC for around 4 months now. This was the first cycle with Femara. Hoping it will be the one. I am on 4dpo and have no symptoms as of now :(. Taking crinone 8% vaginally since 3dpo and I use conceive plus pre-filled applicatore while BD. Hoping for the best else will gear up for some more BD in the next cycle.
Cheers!

Hi All,

Many you have been quiet for sometime now, whats cooking :)
Congratulations to new mums and best of luck to all the BFP girls :)

Ibelieveitwil I wanted to ask you something related to physical exercise when TTC. Did you continue with your rigorous regime even after BD on ovulation days and post your IUI? I have stopped going to gym since post ovulation thinking that it might put more stress on the body. I am already underweight (and still have PCOS :growlmad:) and hence don't want to do anything that might impact my chances.

Thanks!

Hi all.

I've read all 92 pages. This is my first cycle with femara.

But, I was curious how Sib and Evan are doing, as well as IBelieve and her twins.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi All, I recently read all 92 threads and I was very moved by the support given to many of the ladies. I'm hoping this thread will continue as I have no seen any recent post.

Any who... I'm TTC for 2 years overall with breaks in between. I kind of feel like this is my last chance years since I'm now 37... I'm currently on day 2 of taking Letrezol (Femara). I conceived with Letrezol last year but had a very early mc... the plan this time is to begin progesterone post ovulation... it was very low last time... I wish all the TTC ladies many blessings and those who succeeded "congrats":happydance:

Hi Ms. Hopeful, how are things going? I ran across your post as I'm about to restart my journey... hope all went well..

Hey ladies, this thread is rather quiet! I hope you all well and are one step closer to your bfp's

I am well, the twins are growing and are really fun to have around (sometimes :haha:) its a lot of work I wont lie but I would do it all over in a heartbeat I love them so much.

Sending you all loads of :dust:

Hellos

Ibelieve- I notice you are in SA, can you please tell me name of your fs.?congrats on
Your twins

Thnx,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"