• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara success?

So we have made it past one week since IUI. At 4 AM this morning I woke up with horrible nausea, dry heaves and then vomiting. The vomiting subsided around 11AM. Has anyone else experienced this after IUI?

GL to everyone!!!

AFM, I had all but given up on my cycle - never got a +opk, only one suspect patch of EWCM, and FF thinks I O'd on CD9 (the last day of my round of 2.5mg letrozole). But then yesterday, at what would be 7dpo (if FF is right) I started with very light brown spotting in creamy CM. Still a little spotting this morning, only on the TP and a teensy smudge in my undies. And then last night into this morning I started having this mild lower back pain, just to the right of my spine in the small of my back. Little twinges in my tatas, but not really sore/tender yet.

Normally I don't go on symptom watch in the 2ww, at least not for these kind of symptoms... but is this something to get hopeful about? Could it be implantation spotting? Does lower back aching start this early?

Everyone I talk to manages to bring up the subject of me either already being pregnant,or doing things to become PG,it is a bit annoying that all the talk seems to be focused on babies everyone except DF,

I do feel a little different,but been suffering with cold.flu,allergies and severe reflux symptoms so it could be that,just hoping this happens for us soon

The wait is *killing* me!

Anything I thought could have been symptoms went away except the spotting that I thought was implantation spotting, which started 7dpo and went through 10dpo. So far nothing today, but it's early. I did test this morning on a wondfo (not the most sensitive) for a BFN. At 11dpo, it's still pretty early. I'll just keep testing, I guess. 1 week from tomorrow DH will see his doc about an SA and we see the RE in the afternoon. Either way, we'll hopefully be getting some answers - either a +hpt or get rolling on figuring out what's happening up in ute/ovary land.

Well, I think I'm out.
The spotting continues, and now it's pretty much like pre-AF spotting. Although this makes for the shortest, weirdest cycle I have *EVER* had, so I don't really have any clue what's happening, but my bet is my temp will drop tomorrow or Saturday, and I'll be starting AF in a day or two. Several days too early for the RE to do CD3 bloodwork when we go (I was hoping if we didn't get our BFP that at least AF would hold off until Tuesday so the RE could draw CD3 bloodwork at the same time as our consult, since it's a major commute to get to the RE's office).

***sigh***

The ups and downs of TTC really are not for the faint of heart.

I am out. Tested negative on Sunday, 13dpo. Cramps today, light brown spotting and very irritable. IUI #2 is just on the horizon. Good luck everyone.

I am out. Tested negative on Sunday, 13dpo. Cramps today, light brown spotting and very irritable. IUI #2 is just on the horizon. Good luck everyone.

I'm sorry :(
GL with IUI#2!

I've been MIA lately, but last cycle was a bust for us too.
We see the RE this week (Thurs!) so hopefully we're headed towards some testing and a plan.

AF arrived today. Ovary check in the morning and then Letrozole for days 3 through 7. We are just getting on the roller coaster and headed towards the top!

Just wanted to update AF came and gone and now onto my 3rd round of Femara and waiting to O

Update: ovary check on Thurs wasn't good. They found a 20cm? cyst on my right ovary. This is the good one! Nurse said it looked like I had a chemical pregnancy which caused the cyst. They are making me sit out this month since the cyst is so big. I was devastated. I am better today but I know you ladies understand how hard all of this is.

I hope all of you are blessed with beautiful BFPs in your current cycle. :)

Well, I think I am posting goodbye for now.

My RE thinks that my low progesterone score back in November was a spurious result, and he was not happy that the OB just took one data point (she didn't do a pooled progesterone) before prescribing the letrozole. SO, he thinks I don't need it. I'm not taking it this cycle and already my cycle seems to be better (that is, I haven't ovulated before CD10 and my CM is better).

What the RE *did* think is that my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was too high for reproductive age women trying to conceive, so he's running some labwork and put me on synthroid. I'm also set up to do an HSG and an AFC ultrasound next Tuesday (provided I don't ovulate before then), and CD3 bloodwork at the beginning of next cycle.

But since we're now no longer taking the letrozole, and are focusing on testing, I think I will wave goodbye for now and wish all of you the best of luck!!! May you all have healthy strong BFPs in the near future, and may all of those who are pregnant and/or delivered already have healthy strong happy babies in your arms soon!!!

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing, and praying you all see BFPs in the near future. FX'd for all of you!!

Afm, all is well. I'm in the second trimester now, and will find out the gender at my next ultrasound. Besides that, I've pretty much been taking it easy and getting plenty of rest because I'll be returning to work in a couple of weeks. I'm kind of
nervous about it because I have a physically demanding job, but a lot of other pregnant women were ok doing it, so I'll try it out and see how everything goes. I have a feeling I may be switching careers soon because the schedule and the and the job may be too much for me, but we'll see.

Hi ladies! First off I want to say CONGRATS to everyone who's got their BFPs! Special Congrats to Sib on your baby boy, what a blessing!
Afm...I've been TTC since 2011 with no luck so last year I decided to go in for help, had tests done. HSG showed tubes clear, ultra sound showed pcos. So I was put on clomid. I got 3 nice size follies even had an IUI but no success and clomid thinned my lining so I stopped taking it. Tried a few mnths natural and with fertilitea still no luck. I got frustrated from that and took a break. Now here I am on a new cycle and I'm doing femara cd3-7 5mg (unmonitored) also using pre-seed and soft cups. I'm really praying this works, everyone I know is or already has kid(s) and so does my husband from a previous marriage. Makes me feel so bad. Everyday all day I'm thinking of having a baby, or I see something about someone preggo, it's driving me crazy. Sorry for the long story ladies. Don't want to take away from everyone's else's Joy! Congrats once again ladies!

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but things are going well. Evan is off of all respiratory support, with the exception of some oxygen off the wall (like what we would get), he is completely breathing on his own! :) We are working on getting consults for his "minor issues" that we will take care of later, after discharge. We are hoping that we will have him home in a few weeks! He just has to show the docs that he can eat on his own. He has had some issues with reflux so they had to put his feeding tube down past his stomach. We will have to start slowly with the feeding to see if he will tolerate it. The docs say this is typical preemie behavior and he will grow out of it. I sure hope so! Reflux in a preemie is so scary, their reactions are completely different than an adult.

Ibelieve and Gabrielle - so glad you both are enjoying your pregnancies and they are going well.

I think about you all often and include you all in my prayers! Hoping for another flurry of BFPs soon! :)

MsBee - I know what you are talking about. I took Clomid for a few months and had a too good response with the number of follies created; however, it thinned my lining horribly. I stopped taking it and we took a break for a while and then tried naturally. Eventually I went to see a fertility doc and he prescribed Femara, which worked for me on the 3rd month. Keep your chin up...Femara has done some great things for us, I'm sure you will get good results too.

Thanks Sib! And I'm glad your little one is doing much better :)

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to drop in and say how helpful this thread is. It is encouraging to read how you lift each other up. It’s hard to speak to friends because I can sense they’re tired of hearing about it. It’s hard to speak to the hubby because he feels pressured. So it’s nice to come here where women are going through the same thing. This is the first time I am reaching out to a thread like this. It feels nice to get this off my chest and share the struggle.

A little bit about my journey. My husband and I have been TTC for about 6+ years now. About 5 years ago we tested his swimmers and a poor report came back. We failed 5 rounds of Clomid. Took a break with medication tried natural for a bit and relocated. Got a new swimmers test done came back way above normal, so that was exciting. I got a HSG done, no blockage, everything looks great. We tried natural because we had to relocate again. We are on our first round of Letrozole. I started my meds on 3/26. My OPK said I O’d on the 3rd & 4th of April. I am not sure if that is a false/positive because I ran out of sticks. We dtd before, during & after. I have had cramping since then. They come in waves. AF is due on 4/20. I don’t know if I’m fertilized or if it’s AF coming. I also did fun headstands to insure something sticks, however that did result in a literal pain-in-the-neck. I read that Ibelive & Gabrielle had the same symptoms. I am trying to relax about it all and not over analyze everything but it’s a challenge.

When is it okay to test early? Should I test early? Should I wait until AF is missed?

Thank you again ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->