• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara success?

ichick, Good luck! It's so hard when AF and pg symptoms are so similar. Did you do the HCG shot this cycle? If so, you don't want to test early as it will/could give you a false positive if you test to early. Otherwise, if I remember correctly, ibelieve and I both started getting faint positives about 10dpo.

Thank you for the information Sib. No HCG shot this cycle. 10dpo is the 13th... How does one wait without going insane?

So AF showed up on April 14th so i'm now on round 4 of Femara

Hi ladies! I'm back!
Here's the latest ---
After all the testing, the RE found my left tube is blocked, my right tube is open but seems partially blocked, and my left ovary is showing signs of diminished reserve. The good news is my right ovary looks great, and husband's SA was excellent. SO - we're trying on our own this cycle (O is due today/tomorrow), and if we don't succeed we will be back on femara/letrozole 5mg (I was only on 2.5mg before) + injectibles (Bravelle FSH/LH + Ovidrel trigger) and timed intercourse for 2 cycles. The goal there is to stimulate multiple follies to increase the # of eggs released in the hopes of increasing the chances that at least one makes it through the one good tube. If we don't succeed there, we're on to IVF. Since husband's SA was good, the doctor thought doing IUI before IVF would just waste time and resources we could be putting towards IVF.

This cycle, I have a nice big follie on the right, saw it on the ultrasound and the doc predicted it would O today or tomorrow, luckily on the side where the tube is at least partially open. I'm not extremely hopeful for this month and am preparing for medicated cycles again.

Hi ladies , I dont have a success story yet, but I hope to have one soon. I'm 32 and DH is 34 and we have been ttc #1 for 9yrs. I have Pcos and only my left tube, the right was removed due to a hydrosalpinx 2 yrs ago. A little history, we did 3 months of 50mg clomid with 1st OB, then referred to RE and did 6 more cycles of 100mg clomid. We ovulated every cycle, but no bfp. We had one natural bfp while on a break that sadly ended in 2009. Change to new RE in 2010, and did 3 more 150mg clomid cycles, 2 IUI + trigger all unsuccessful. 2012 had HSG, confirmed blocked tube on right, and had Lap to remove because of hydrosalpinx. I had regular cycles monthly until July 2013 right before my gallbladder surgery. AF didnt return until Oct 2013 and then nothing after. In Jan 2014 restarted Metformin for Insulin Resistance and Provera to start a cycle. My blood sugar test came back in the Diabetic range so my RE said we could not start treatment again until my numbers dropped. So I changed my diet and increased exercise and actually took my Metformin properly. It made me so sick before... In Feb had a Provera cycle, and in March I actually ovulated naturally on my own again. YAY. I was so excited this was going to be my miracle cycle, I had lost over 20 pounds, had all the pg symptoms and I was looking forward to telling my RE, "See did it without you". Sadly another bfn, but I took my 3 negative test better than I have my whole ttc life. I didn't cry not one time :nope:. So this cycle, I started Femara for the first time @7.5mg. On cd13 my scan showed 2 follies one 18 and 19 on both sides. I did the trigger on Friday evening and IUI on this morning. Hubby's count was great though, 64mil :thumbup:. So were praying for a miracle.

Hi again ladies! I hope all is well! Sib, I'm so glad your little one is doing better! He's a tough little guy! Ibelieveitwil, wow you've moving right along! You'll have your precious babies before you know it! =)

Afm, I'll be 20 weeks on Monday, and just found out on Thursday that I'm having a beautiful baby girl!!! My husband and I couldn't be more proud. Everything we've gone through over the years to get to this point, was totally worth it! We are truly blessed.

Hang in there ladies, your blessings are on their way!

Don't lose hope! Not sure if you've read my story, but I also have pcos and battled infertility for many years. We've tried everything except IVF. When nothing seemed to work, I grew very depressed, and hated to even hear about anyone else's kids, or pregnancies or whatever. Everyone around me either had kids or were having kids, couldn't go anywhere without seeing a pregnant lady or adorable baby, and it made me sick to my stomach because I wanted to experience that so bad. Not only that, but the stress was starting to effect my marriage, and I wasn't having that! After 8 years of battling infertility, I went to another doctor who specializes in everything I was dealing with. I had my first consultation with her last January, she worked with me throughout the year to help manage the excrutiating pain I endured from the pcos, and that December she placed me on Letrozole for cycle days 3-7. I
ovulated on New Year's Eve, dtd, and received my very first faint BFP on January 10th! Please don't give up, because I thought it would never happen to me. I was ready to throw in the towel, and now here I am
almost halfway through my pregnancy. I'm noone special, if it happened to me, it can happen for all of you ladies. Just pray and have faith. Xoxo

Hi ladies! First off I want to say CONGRATS to everyone who's got their BFPs! Special Congrats to Sib on your baby boy, what a blessing!
Afm...I've been TTC since 2011 with no luck so last year I decided to go in for help, had tests done. HSG showed tubes clear, ultra sound showed pcos. So I was put on clomid. I got 3 nice size follies even had an IUI but no success and clomid thinned my lining so I stopped taking it. Tried a few mnths natural and with fertilitea still no luck. I got frustrated from that and took a break. Now here I am on a new cycle and I'm doing femara cd3-7 5mg (unmonitored) also using pre-seed and soft cups. I'm really praying this works, everyone I know is or already has kid(s) and so does my husband from a previous marriage. Makes me feel so bad. Everyday all day I'm thinking of having a baby, or I see something about someone preggo, it's driving me crazy. Sorry for the long story ladies. Don't want to take away from everyone's else's Joy! Congrats once again ladies!

Hey ladies, I been trying to get pregnant since Jan of 2013. I had my son on Halloween 2012 at 21 wks he passed away 2hrs after birth.. I have been on clomid for three cycles. Had lap done and had my tube checked only have one ovary and tube.he said everything looks great he did remove a small cyst. I'm getting ready to start famera as soon at my next period starts. The only hormone that is out of whack with me is my prolactin. Which I'm back on my meds for that. I have been reading thru this thread and you ladies give me hope. And congrats on Evan. The twins and the baby girl. I hope you ladies don't mind if I join the thread. But maybe I can get some of the lucky baby dust! :)

Hi gals..I just wanted to add another femara success story for those still trying! I had 9 rounds of clomid, all the way upto 250mg and only ovulated 2 and didn't get pregnant. I went to an RE who put me on femara, metformin, and actos. He told me I could have upto 8 cycles with that combination, but that actos should not be used beyond on that. It took me a few months to get the right dosage, but with 7.5mg, I conceived on my 4th month (4 months of 7.5). I wasn't sure we would ever get there but we did. I'm currently breastfeeding and hope to do so until around 12 months, but will be going on femara again at that time to ttc #2.

Welcome ladies! Swtpinkbabi, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Onelove06, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I pray that you are blessed with your rainbow baby very soon.
Lindsayms05, Congratulations! For me, Femara was my "miracle drug". How far along are you? Do you know the gender yet?

So I'm just waiting for my next period to start to start the femara. My doctor is having me take 8 pills all on cycle day 3.

Hi ladies, I just wanted to check back in and update. It seems my first Femara cycle was a success. I got my bfp yesterday at 13dpo and I tested again this morning with the digital one, just to see the words. Praying for a sticky bean.

Well - after a cycle off because we did the HSG... and actually conceived, but it didn't stick :cry: - I'm just waiting for AF and for betas to drop to zero again and I'll be on to my next medicated cycle. I'll be doing 5mg/day letrozole from CD3-7, injects (150 iu Bravelle on CD9, Ovidrel trigger shot), and timed intercourse (because with one bad tube but hubby's good SA, IUI just seemed like a waste of $).

Waiting for the chemical pregnancy to work its way out is *hell* right now, and we're absolutely crushed. We've only managed to conceive twice, and both times ended in a CP. But, it's the most pregnant I've *EVER* been, made it fully to 4 wks before betas dropped. AND, it means we might be in that small percentage of couples who had a therapeutic effect from the HSG, which is why we're going right back to TTC as soon as betas are back to zero (we've been cleared by the RE to do so).

Swtpinkbabi I inboxed you! =) So happy for you honey, congratulations!

Onelove06 Wow 8 pills in one day?? I've never heard of them being taken that way, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that method works for you! =)
ENSharp I'm so sorry about the CP =( Hang in there, your turn is coming! I don't
blame you for not wanting to do the IUI again. It was a complete waste of time and money for us, and we ended up getting a bfp with timed intercourse anyway. Sending you loads of babydust! :dust::dust:

Hi Everyone!

Just peeking in to say Congrats to Gab! Team pink! So happy for you. :)

Blessings.

I hope everyone else is well. I need to read back further.

Well ladies - I'm now on day 3 of 5mg letrozole.
Met with the RE to review all our testing and get his take on our recent chemical pregnancy. He thinks it implanted in my tube, based on how blocked my one good tube is, and based on the profile of HCG betas. SO, that puts the CP in a better perspective - at least it passed on its own and I didn't need to have emergency surgery to address it. He wants us to try no more than 2 medicated cycles (this one and next) before we consider moving on to IVF, since he's concerned about the possibility of repeated ectopic pregnancies due to the tube blockages. I'm sad and scared, and trying to rein in my hope for this and next cycle. I want so desperately to be pregnant with a healthy baby that we can bring home someday.

For now, I stay the course on the letrozole, Bravelle injection on Sunday, monitoring ultrasound on Monday (yeah, the poor doc works on Memorial Day!), and then they'll tell me when to take the trigger shot.

GL everyone!!!

Well ladies - I'm now on day 3 of 5mg letrozole.
Met with the RE to review all our testing and get his take on our recent chemical pregnancy. He thinks it implanted in my tube, based on how blocked my one good tube is, and based on the profile of HCG betas. SO, that puts the CP in a better perspective - at least it passed on its own and I didn't need to have emergency surgery to address it. He wants us to try no more than 2 medicated cycles (this one and next) before we consider moving on to IVF, since he's concerned about the possibility of repeated ectopic pregnancies due to the tube blockages. I'm sad and scared, and trying to rein in my hope for this and next cycle. I want so desperately to be pregnant with a healthy baby that we can bring home someday.

For now, I stay the course on the letrozole, Bravelle injection on Sunday, monitoring ultrasound on Monday (yeah, the poor doc works on Memorial Day!), and then they'll tell me when to take the trigger shot.

GL everyone!!!

Fingers crossed for you this cycle. :hugs:
My previous experience with a blocked tube was a hydrosalpinx. My current RE told us that apparently it drips some kind of fluid into the uterus that can cause you to not conceive and to have a miscarriage. So she recommended we have it removed before we ever moved on to IVF. I had the surgery in Aug 2012. After that we didn't go back on any medicated ttc plan and just kind of took it easy. I started my first medicated cycle since the surgery in April 2014 with Femara 7.5mg + iui with only one tube, and one follie on each side and got BFP on first try. I really think my tube had been blocked for years and my first ob and RE never checked them. I wish you the best of luck and you get your BFP soon.

Thanks Swtpinkbabi - your story gives me hope! :)

I've finished my course of letrozole and tonight I take my Bravelle injection (have to mix it myself - eek!). Tomorrow I go in for a monitoring ultrasound - so hopefully my lining looks good and there are some good follies growing. I expect they'll want me to trigger Tuesday or Wednesday, so I put hubby on notice that it's sexy-time later this week :)

Thanks Swtpinkbabi - your story gives me hope! :)

I've finished my course of letrozole and tonight I take my Bravelle injection (have to mix it myself - eek!). Tomorrow I go in for a monitoring ultrasound - so hopefully my lining looks good and there are some good follies growing. I expect they'll want me to trigger Tuesday or Wednesday, so I put hubby on notice that it's sexy-time later this week :)

Praying for your BFP :hugs:. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->