• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Great pictures Mellybelle - thank you for sharing your happy story. You've inspired me to finally call...I'm a big girl! Thanks for all your offers of help :winkwink:

Milos - Let me know your appt. date for your scan when you get it. X great early preggo signs.

Mum - stop temping...stay away from the thermometer...you are pregnant...temps can be funky once pregnant. Who cares? You have those lovely dark lines!

AFM: 5th day of an all day stomach ache...the only relief is going to bed. It's not too painful just more annoying than anything but I'm happy to have it...I think it must be M/S (all day though...they seriously need to rename that!). Making phone call after I sign off!

Morning ladies,

Grand, go for it, make the call, make it real!!

Fab to see you in here Shelleney!

Brilliant work on the scans ladies, very happy for you!!!

AFM, I am ok, still sore boobs, been tired as usual but the bloating has gone down a bit which is much more comfortable. Totally get the waking in the night feeling "wet" thing, I did it twice last night. I am getting closer to the day I m/c'd last time so I think paranoia is getting me a bit but still trying to stay positive. 3 weeks 2 days til my scan...

Hey girls!

I finally broke down and made my call...sod's law my doctor is on vacation for the next two weeks and the earliest I could get was March 11th. Better than nothing and that will give little blue time to grow. I'll be almost 9 weeks then!

Thanks for all the encouragement :happydance:

Wow, Melly!those scan pics are amazing! especially the 3D one. glad your baby is growing so nicely. FXd for your scan next month.

Im with you on the exhaustion, Milosmum. I have been knackered all weekend, and slept for 12 hours straight last night. Im so grateful that its half term for me, and I can have a whole week of lie-ins. Great news on the sore boobs too!

Aww, MumAMH. Sorry to hear you're feeling paranoid. Hope you can stop temping and POASing and just enjoy being pregnant. I know its easier said than done, Ive only been pregnant for a few days, and already Im worrying about MC. Keep up the PMA though, we are all here if you need a chat.

Morning Grand. Sorry to hear of your constant stomach pain. I had all-day nausea when I was pg with Baby C. It drove me mad at the time, but I would just be so grateful to have it again, IYKWIM? Good luck with making your GP apt. Let us know how you get on.

Hey Kizzy. Glad to hear you're doing well. Great symptoms! sorry to hear about your paranoia. Im sure we will all be feeling the same as the time we lost last time gets closer. We're here if you need to talk about it. And I hear ya on the wet feeling. Crazy, huh? Hope the next 3 weeks go quickly for you.

AFM: spent the weekend cleaning the house (nesting?) and relaxing. Also visited the In-Laws yesterday morning. Had to hide my queasiness and tiredness from them. Told them I had caught a bug at work. Hate lying to people, but just want to know that Bo is safe before we tell anyone. So far its just me, OH and you lovely ladies who know.
This weekend I have been feeling abit sorry for myself. I am just gutted that I cant enjoy this pregnancy, coz Im too worried. I mean, I cant even go to the toilet, without expecting to see blood on the tissue or in my knickers. Its a horrible little game I play with myself everyday. And Ive been having cramps all weekend, like period pains. I know that these are normal this early in pregnancy, but it doesnt stop me fearing the worst. Why cant I just relax and enjoy being pregnant? Argh! Thanks for letting me rant ladies. Hope you are all well
xx

Aww, i missed you Grand.
Well done on finding the courage to make the call. Hope that Little Blue grows big and strong over the next few weeks so that when you do get to see (her?) it will be wonderful.
Congrats
xx

Fabulous pictures Melly really hope you took the sonogrophers advice and enjoyed it for a while x

Well done on making your appointment Grand hoepfully the time will fly til we get to see little blue x

Mum - hope you are trying to relax and not panic too much! Easier said than done I know xxx

Shellney your signs are all sounding great, when is your first docs appointment?

AFM been to see the GP he didn't even look at me but over the moon that he rang there and then and made me an appointment with EPU for my scan! Only problem is the GP computer system only 'lets' you have a 28 day cycle by which I should be 5weeks+5 days soooo he made my scan appointment for Thursday 24th - theoretically 6+1 but I will only be 5+4 due to my long cycles! Not sure if I should ring EPU and get them to move it back cause I really dont want the panic if they can't find a heartbeat BUT if I go for a scan on Thursday they should atleast be able to check my tube and make sure it isn't in there which would be a great relief and hopefully find something little in my uterus!!! Agh more worry xxx

Oh Milosmum! i know exactly how you feel!
i am desperate to have my scan at 6 weeks so that i can (hopefully) see that Bo is in my womb and not anywhere else.....BUT i know that if i cant see a heartbeat (coz its too early) i will be panicking til my next scan.
i am also worried that my GP will make me further along than i am, as i too have long(ish) cycles.
oh dear, we are in a pickle, arent we hun? :hugs:
xx

ps: my Drs apt is tomorrow :wacko:

My DH is a genius - he suggested ringing EPU myself to talk about it and the lovely lady there agreed with me that Thursday is too soon and I need to be 6weeks+ before the scan so she has rebooked it for Monday afternoon at 2pm when I will be 6+1.

Shellney hopefully your GP will listen to you and book your scan for the right time if not then I am sure the EPU will rearrange it x

Ohhh just realised my ticker has moved up a size - appleseed sized now!

xxx

Aww, your little apple seed is growing fast!
Thanks for the advice. Will see what happens at the Drs tomorrow.
Good luck for your scan on monday
xx

Milos - Excellent job on getting your scan so fast...added your new updated one on scans p.1.

Shell - bring in your chart - not everybody is textbook. I hope you get your scan soon. Don't put it off like me then you might have to wait longer. :wacko: PS. I had early cramping between 4-5 weeks so I think it's pretty normal but very worrying for us loss ladies.

Kizzy - I totally get that "wet" feeling too - not as much as you but it freaks me out...so glad it's not blood. Sorry you're worried as your M/C week date is coming up. :hugs:

Thanks Grand!

good news on all your docs appts ladies, makes it all the more real doesnt it!! Fingers crossed for all the early scans xxx

P.S Does anyone else have no interest in work and just want to think/talk babies all day long and start mat leave now? haha!

Kizzy - funny you mention that - I actually would love to be working to get my mind off baby stuff...wanna trade places? :winkwink:

AFM: SALTINES are my new favorite food group...I'm so glad I found some here in France since I didn't know if the Frenchies have that kind of cracker. I feel bad for baby because there's probably no nutritional value but it's the only thing right now that calms my tummy and makes me feel a bit more normal! (Girls you may want to invest!).

Question: What are your M/S or nausea tricks/tips?

Morning Ladies!

Mellybell--ohh, those pictures are so beautiful and I am so happy to hear they found the heartbeat right away! That is so wonderful! :happydance:

mum--:hugs: totally understand how you are feeling hun. I have days where I am terrified and stressed out. It is a shame that we have to feel this way during our pregnancies because of our prior losses. I stopped temping also a few days after my BFP because I knew I would drive myself crazy otherwise if the temps went down. I have one FRER left in the house that I am trying so hard not to use, I keep telling myself that I see the doctor next tuesday, and they will have me POAS there, so no reason to waste it!

Grand--:thumbup: on getting that appointment scheduled! It is ok that it is later, that just means Little Blue will have more time to grow for mummy!

Kizzy/Grand--thank you for posting about your wet feelings. I've had a couple episodes over the last 2-3 days where I have had to run to the restroom due to a feeling of wetness. One time (TMI ALERT) I had all this creamy CM everywhere. Fortunately none of it had any brown/red in it. But it totally freaked me out! I am hoping this is just a natural thing!

Shell--I understand where you are coming from hun. :hugs: It's completely undertandable and natural to be a bundle of nerves right now. I am glad to see you nesting, that is very healthy for your and little Bo as it helps to destress.

Milos--glad to hear you have your appt set up!

Shell/Milos--on the scans and ages of our little ones, I am so with you ladies!!see my story a few pages back about scheduling my first appt! It usually does take communicating directly with your md or md's office to ensure that they are on the same page with you. It is very frustrating, I know, as I have long cycles also (ovulate 1 wk later than normal) and they always want to make my little bean older than he/she is!

Kizzy--:thumbup: I would happily chat babies with you ladies all day if I could and ignore the stresses of work! :thumbup:

AFM: Still getting tiny bouts of "feeling like I'm going to be sick". Just short waves that come and go quickly, no "official MS" develops. I'm also having a lot of cramping right now, like someone is building a house in my uterus or something! Like Shell, I know this is normal, but it still makes me nervous every time it happens. Had a little acid reflux in the night (but had lasagna for dinner, so that is probably what caused it). BB's still sore, but not quite as noticeable this am. That's about it for me!

Hi Everyone, Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was feeling a little down last week and tired. It was a scary time as my m\c milestone was last week. I was also feeling very sad for our friends Anna and RGN.
I have been keeping up reading your posts every day though.

Melly, so nice to see those great pics.

Grand, good for you for making that call to your GP, I was about to offer my services but France French is a little different that Canadian French and can lead to some challenging conversations at times.

Kizzy, I am so having difficulty at work right now too. I can't focus on work and I am unmotivated to be there.

AFM I am also a little paranoid. I don't feel pregnant other than being constipated and I am sleeping a little more, going to bed around 10:00. I thought I was supposed to be exhausted? My BBs are sometimes sore, sometimes not. I don't think I am peeing more frequently. I thought I should be? So I have taken about 4 HPT tests since my BFP a few weeks ago and I have also been temping every 3-4 days. I know crazy. I have no more HPT and after reading your posts I will stop the temping insanity. I don't have a scan booked until April 8th for IPS ultra sound at 12 weeks. But I have been trying to decide if I want IPS or if I want amnio instead. My Dr, said because of my age I can choose to go straight to amnio and skip the IPS altogether. IPS is usually done first and if the results indicate then you may be offered amnio. This is such a difficult decision but I think I leaning towards amnio. I see my GP this Thursday and will discuss this further with him.
Sorry for the long post I'll try to post more regularly so it's not so long next time.
Happy Monday everyone.

Hi Lisa,

Sorry you're feeling so sad, its awful that our experiences dont allow us to enjoy this time the way we should :(

Re the IPS, out of interest, what does that mean? Is that the same as the nuchal translucency (sp.) we have here in the UK? (basically testing for abnormalities by the amount of fluid on the baby's neck). Re the amnio, is that the injection into the baby to do more invasive testing? I know here in the UK you only have the option for that if your NT scan comes back as high risk depending on the fluid... sorry for all the questions, just interested to know... :)

Lisa7 - no need to apologize...everyone's lives are different and especially at different times each one of us will probably have to take a BnB break. Don't worry about your symptoms too much...I'm not that tired either. My boobs aren't sore at all (maybe a smidge bigger but nothing to brag about :holly: LOL). I don't pee all the time (I think that's more like 2nd and 3rd tri anyways when the baby is actually pushing on your bladder...makes more sense to me). My M/S just kicked in a couple days ago like an all day stomach ache. I'm sure you will start seeing signs in the next week or so...but we all vary so differently.

Can you explain IPS??? I know amnio and ultrasound but I don't know that one. How old are you? I'm 34...don't know if I should probably be worried as well. I'm hoping that my 9 week scan my doctor can measure the nuchal fold and assure me that all seems well. Have you thought of that approach first? It's only measured on the scan so it's much less invasive and then based on those results you can decide whether you want further testing.

X

:haha: Great minds think alike! Jinx Kizzy...we have all the same questions!

haha! yes! we were both curious, I am 35 so I am fully aware of the "risks" at our ripe old age too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->