Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Beautiful nurseries Amber and Shell!

Kizzy - She's gorgeous (you guys looking so glowing and happy as a family!). Glad you are finally home and enjoying your peaceful daughter.

Thanks Sparkle. Yes, that is her "coming home from hospital outfit" (although im hoping to have her at home). and it will be her "special occassion outfit" for the first 3 months. lol. It is from Next. It was so expensive (£18, which I think it extortionate for something she will only fit in for a few weeks!) and the boots were expensive too (£8.50) BUT they are the only items of clothing me and OH have bought for her...so we wanted to treat her to something special :kiss:

Attachments

• DSCF0012.jpg
    DSCF0012.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Adorable outfit Shell - I really LOVE the boots (wonder if they make them for adults??? :winkwink:) - they look like mini Uggs but cuter - probably because they are so small and I love the ribbon detail. She'll look so smart. I hope it gets coldish there soon...we're still melting down here - feels like August still! so she can really enjoy their coziness.

PS. I read about your frustration regarding the home birth...just ridiculous...I totally think food allergies has nothing to do with having a successful home birth...it's like they are trying to make excuses. Fight for what you want!

Thanks Grand. Yeah, the way the weather is right now, Bo wont be able to wear any of the cute snuggly outfits that people have bought her. She will be living in her nappy and vest! lol. But Im sure it will start to get colder soon.....
And thanks for your comments on my homebirth situation. I am just waiting to hear back from my Midwife tomorrow, as to whether I am being booked in for my homebirth this week - or having to wait for the consultants permission. Im hoping she will bring the paperwork round tomorrow or weds - coz Im full term on Thursday (and both me and my Mum were born at 37 weeks!) Will keep you posted....

How are you today, Grand? Too hot??
xx

Shell--LOVE the nursery pics, and that giant bunny is so awesome!! (I have always been a stuffed animal addict). I also love her special outfit (those boots are just so perfect!), it is just too darn cute, you MUST take a picture of her in it for us!!

Kizzy--so glad you are home and taking on to motherhood so well!! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful and I will continue stalking your facebook page for more pictures, hehe!

Shell, Part 2--I hope all goes well with the midwife today!

Kizzy - she is gorgeous and you have a beautiful family x So pleased you are home safe and she is taking to feeding so well.

Amber and Shellney - I love your nurseries, very cute!

AFM - just had my health visitor ante-natal visit (very peculiar being checked up on like that!) Thankfully she did not seem to mind my barking mad dog! Cot, pram and moses basket arrived from parents-in-laws house yesterday so more stuff to set up and find homes for and I am now in serious nesting mode! Suddenly decided to get the manky living room carpet cleaned before baby arrives so off to phone for quotes to get someone to come and make it look less grotty!

Looking forwards to the next baby announcements - who is next ?

xxx

Milos - According to Who's Who? on the frontpage it's:

Chilli : October 8th 2011
Grandbleu : October 15th 2011 "Little Blue"
Milosmum : October 16th 2011 "Squiggle"
Lisa7 : October 18th 2011
Mumatmadhouse : October 20th 2011
Amberyll23 : October 26th 2011 "Baby L"
BellasMummy : October 27th 2011
Shelleney : October 27th 2011 "Bo"

So the babyboom will definitely continue in October (and it includes you and me! :happydance:). Did you know someone was coming by your house? Is that normal? My house gets messy the moment I've just cleaned it and don't even have a dog or kids yet! I wouldn't sweat it. Did she/he say everything is going well with you and Squiggle?

Shell - Yes it's so hot here! I shouldn't be complaining but it's been 3 months of constant heat...thought it would be over by now...and my feet are swelling up again after a little respite. At least it means I can still swim but even that at 38+ weeks is getting uncomfortable. As for your situation your consultant better get organized! I hope it's all arranged. I'm so jealous of your homebirth. I saw these professional pics/video from the Homebirthers section and they brought me to tears...so beautiful:
(https://blueberryskyphotography.com/w...-arent-enough/) - have you seen those?

Kizzy - I'm going to FB to try to add you! I'll write a message so you know who I am :)

Kizzy - She's absolutely gorgeous!! Enjoy your time with her, and stay in touch whenever you have time.

Amber - Beautiful nursery! Grace will be very comfortable in there. :thumbup:

Shell - Ditto to you! I love the little toys sitting on the window sill, how cute! Bo's coming home outfit is so precious, especially the little boots. A little bit of indulgence never hurt, so it was a good call on purchasing the outfit. :winkwink: As for your appt, that is very baffling that the consultant came up with allergies as a reason. :wacko: Definitely keep on them...I hope it all works out! :thumbup:

Bean - Sorry to hear about the mix up with your paperwork. Did you get it sorted out today? I don't see why you should have to pay the price for something they goofed up on. :grr:

Grand - You must be getting amped up for little Bleu's arrival. He'll be here soon! Hope the weather cools down a bit for you. That's great you're still able to make it to the pool. Also hope the insomnia has eased up.

Milos - Enjoy putting up the finishing touches on the nursery. How's Squiggle doing?

:hi: to everyone else.

AFM, made some progress on the nursery this weekend. Hung up the drapes, and cleaned out the closets. The second part wasn't fun! :wacko: Glad it's over with. The good news is that we had a lot of stuff to give away and everything was in good shape, so it will definitely help a needy family. :thumbup: We also painted the bathroom attached to Coco's nursery, and OH finished sanding & re-painting the chest we plan to use in her room. Hope to put the crib & changing table in place this weekend.

We're looking forward to our next scan on Thursday. This will probably be the last regular scan before she gets here. Still haven't decided if we'll have a 3D/4D scan done.

Lastly, here's a pic of my 24 week bump...

bump.jpg

Neffie--real quick, will respond better later but I wanted to say to ask the tech who is doing your ultrasound if they do any 3d views...our u/s tech at 24 weeks did it without us even asking for it, and we didn't get charged any extra. Worth a shot asking if you can save the cost on paying for one! :thumbup:

Amber - Thanks, but unfortunately that's not the case at my doctor's office. They do offer 3D scans, but they're not free. I've researched a couple of places that exclusively do these scans, and some of them actually have pretty good deals. We'll probably go that route if we decide to do it.

Gah, what a bummer! The u/s unit is in the same office as my doctor's but run by a different section of the UPMC hospital group, so I bet that is how the techs get away with it! Sorry about that, was hoping you had a similar set up!

Beautiful bump picture btw and I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery (and the bathroom too!).

Milos - According to Who's Who? on the frontpage it's:

Chilli : October 8th 2011
Grandbleu : October 15th 2011 "Little Blue"
Milosmum : October 16th 2011 "Squiggle"
Lisa7 : October 18th 2011
Mumatmadhouse : October 20th 2011
Amberyll23 : October 26th 2011 "Baby L"
BellasMummy : October 27th 2011
Shelleney : October 27th 2011 "Bo"

So the babyboom will definitely continue in October (and it includes you and me! :happydance:). Did you know someone was coming by your house? Is that normal? My house gets messy the moment I've just cleaned it and don't even have a dog or kids yet! I wouldn't sweat it. Did she/he say everything is going well with you and Squiggle?

Oh goodness didn't realise it was nearly our turn Grand! Thats a bit scary and also very exciting too!

I knew the health visitor was coming, thankfully she didn't seem to mind dog noise or dog hair! She just asked me a few questions about our family, house etc I think to check we aren't mad or dangerous to children! She visits gain when the baby is 10-14 days old to find out if we are coping at home.
Midwife appointment tomorrow, then another growth scan on Friday to check we are getting bigger. I certainly feel bigger and someone is definately taking up more room and giving me worse heartburn

xxx

milos-- What is a health visitor? I have never heard of such a thing (probably because I am in the states). Are they associated with the midwife? Otherwise, seems pretty invasive on your privacy to just be showing up like that! (I can see me saying "no way!" [-X if one showed up at my door unexpectedly! I get panicked about surprise visits by anyone, especially when I havent vaccumed! haha).

Healthy babies left right and centre, Im loving it! Congrats Kizzy and Vix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kizzy-beautiful little girl.. happy to hear your home and spending some peaceful time with your family..

Shell-beautiful nursery..

Neffie-what a cute little bump you have.. :)

You ladies are getting so far along.. so excited for you all.. me not till Feb.. :) but it will be here before i know it.. only 9 days till my scan so im excited for that.. almost halfway done..

Kizzy - your little girl is beautiful :cloud9:

Finally got 5 mins whilst my 2 are having a rare quiet 5 minutes. Here are some pics of our baby Ada... 1 week old today!!!! :cloud9:
DSC04518.jpg

DSC04554.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

hello to everyone, some very lovely nurserys!
Hope you are all ok, we are starting to get back to normality and get a routine in place (sort of) so will hopefully have some more time to catch up with you individually soon. x

OMG :cloud9: I am in love with Ada!
Pixie, she is sooo beautiful!
I cant wait to snuggle with my little girl now.....
xx

Pixie - Gorgeous daughter! She's so cute - I can't wait to snuggle my own as well.

Milos - I know it's coming up fast! How'd your midwife appointment go?

Neffie - Amazing progress on your nursery...I'm so last minute...I'm super impressed with your organization. Can't wait to see the final pics after all your hard work.

Lil - You are in the best trimester now! Totally enjoy it...it goes by fast at the end.

AFM: Had Doctor's appointment today and it was a real eye opener...I had been convinced I would have this little guy early (since my sister had her babe at 36 weeks I figured I would be the same) but he's in for the long haul I think. He is head down, great position, good size, all healthy BUT my cervix is totally closed and still posterior (it's shorter yippee) but all signs are pointing to at least a week or more. He's now 3.2 kilos - which is good (7lbs) because he was growing quite big last time and fast so he's slowed down (I thought I might be having a 10lb baby!). So OH and I are going to stop obsessing about when he's going to come and just enjoy the fact it's still the two of us.

Pixie, she is so beautiful! Congratulations again! X

Shell- any luck with your midwife today? I think they are being so silly surely in your own home your food allergies will be less prevalent and less of a problem than in a hospital!

Grand- looks like little blue is nice and cosy in there! Enjoy your time the two of you.

Afm- have been so busy! C is enjoying nursery it's just leaving him that seems to be the issue. No crying today so fingers crossed for tomorrow. I had a major panic yesterday as I thought I was loosing my plug. This was the start of my premature labour with C (although I was 33 weeks when that happened) I phoned the lovely midwife who works with my consultant and she reassured me that as long as I wasn't contracting it's ok to loose bits as it will be replenished. I'm going for another cervical check on Friday, they want to keep scanning my cervix once a fortnight at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->