Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Before I get started, let me just say that the new website format isn't doing anything for me. Just don't like the changed look. From the looks of it though, doesn't look like it's going to go back to the old layout, so just going to have to bite the bullet and deal with it. :shrug:

Vix - Looks like you're having a great time with Libby. Glad to hear that her birth has brought you and OH closer. :thumbup: I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be with 3 kids, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. :hugs:

Amber - Happy 38 weeks! Glad to hear that all went well with the U/S and that Grace is doing just fine. Looks like the pains & butt cramps are a sign of things progressing! Yay for getting the hospital bag packed & car seat in place.

Lil - Happy 20 weeks! Look forward to hearing all about your scan.

Sparkle - Sorry to hear about C. Hope he feels better soon! You're right about Apple Alice moving around when she feels you tense up. Looks like our LOs have a way of already calming us down this early.

Shell - Sorry to hear that you don't feel like you've made any progress. I agree with Sparkle...things might be happening slower for you at this stage, which might lead to an easier active labor. I would definitely ask the midwife to check things on Friday. You might be surprised at the progress you've already made. Good luck, and hope the pains ease up a bit. :thumbup:

AFM, we just learnt of some not so good news. My sister in law was told that there was a thick fold at her nuchal scan, and so now they need to look into further testing into the possibility of the baby having Down's. :cry: She's pregnant with her 2nd child and is due a few months after me. We're hoping that once she goes in for further blood work & an amnio, all will be fine but it has definitely brought down everyone's spirits. I hope everything works out for her! Please keep her & her family in your thoughts.

Just an update to let everyone know that Chilli had her baby last Thursday. :dance: It's a girl, and her name is Eleanora Patricia!

Congratulations Chilli!!! :happydance:

Neffie--I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and can't imagine the stress and anxiety she is going through right now waiting for further testing. I will definitely keep her, her little one and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Neffie - i am so sorry to hear of your sil news.

Amber - Glad everything is ok and you are feeling more ready and organised.

Sparkle - hope little Cormack recovers quickly.

Shellney - Its the anticipation. I agree with Sparkle - my mom said a similar thing happened with me. I came 3 weeks early and she has a short labour. She swore she was in slow labour.

Lil - 20 weeks.

Congrats Chilli
XX

Yikes where did BNB go in my absence - don't like the new format but then I'm a traditionalist and once I get used to something I don't adapt well - Oh well. :wacko:

So I've been quiet because I had my baby boy!!! :baby: just past Sunday night into Monday early morning 10/10/2011 - 12:12 am - just after midnight. I have a long birth story (which I will post later plus pics) but I'm super super super knackered still so it may not be for another day or two.

I'll let you know that we love our wee man and he's just such a miracle...I burst in to tears when I had him skin to skin right after birth (I pulled him out - well when the doctor had gotten the head and shoulders for me) it was so emotional especially thinking about wee nut and the whole 3 year journey it took to get to this baby - it was a birth that didn't go according to plan (out the window!) but I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you ladies for all your support throughout this whole year from loss to birth...you've all been amazing - starting to tear up (they were right about these hormonal moments...bursting in to joy tears all the time now) - Once I get my strength back I promise to catch up on all the news.

PS. His name is Indigo James :flower:

Woohoo:happydance::dance::yipee: CONGRATULATIONS GRAND!!! And welcome to the world little Indigo James!!:yipee::dance::happydance:

I am so happy for you, Grand!!! *huge hugs* and happy tears!!!!

Grand- amazing news!! Welcome to the world Indigo James! What a beautiful name too.

Chilli- congratulations on the birth of your girlie x

Grand!!! Amazing, well done honey, so so pleased for you and on my birthday too, great day!! ;)

Congrats chilli, hope you enjoy your daughter as much as I do mine xxx

Hi everyone!
Haven't posted in ages, but have managed to read all the posts along the way.
Congrats Grand and Chilli.
6 days till my due date. Waiting..... Nervous..... scared...excited...Can't wait to meet my little girl.

Thinking of you Lisa, not long now!! Hopefully we'll both be holding our little ladies by this time next week!

Grand - CONGRATS!!!! :dance: Enjoy your time with Indigo! Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your birth story.

Lisa - Good to hear from you. Not long to go now before the next baby boom arrives. :winkwink:

Hey ladies..

Congrats Grand & Chili... so exciting..

So my scan went perfect beautiful perfect little baby.. and stayed team yellow.. so excited for that too.. will upload pics hopefully later or tomorrow..

US Pics :cloud9:

More in my journal if anyone wants to have a look.. :)

Attachments

• 1012111927.jpg
    1012111927.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
Argh!! Im missing for just a few short hours, and this all happens!! :growlmad:

CONGRATULATIONS CHILLI, and welcome to the world, Eleanora Patricia!! :yipee:

CONGRATULATIONS GRAND, and welcome to the world, Indigo James!! :happydance:

Grand, I nearly PMd you yesterday, to ask why you were MIA. Thought there was something fishy going on in your absence! And wow! how lovely! and what a wonderful name :)

Lil - congrats on the scan, Hun :thumbup:
xx

Amber - glad you have ranked things up a notch in anticipation of little Grace's arrival. well done on getting the bags packed and in the car, and the carseat all set up. all prepared now! I hope Grace starts her appearance all on her own, but if not, its not long now til the induction! eek!! :happydance:

neffie - sorry to hear about your SIL. it must be a terrible shock for her, and all the family. But there's a good chance that this baby is perfectly fine, and I hope the further tests prove that. although I just wanna put out there, that even if your niece/nephew does have Down's they will be the most amazing child ever! I teach children with special needs, and a few of them have Down's, and they are the loveliest children I have ever met. So even if the "worst" happens, im sure everything will be fine :hugs:

Bean - hello :hi:

Lisa - nice to hear from you. good luck with your due date coming up! :thumbup:

Bellas - Happy 38 weeks, Bump Buddy! :friends:

AFM: still here :growlmad: Just getting frustrated now. mild pains all day yesterday. went out for dinner with 4 friends last night, and had a lovely time (The Last Supper, perhaps?) Had a few more serious pains whilst there, but they soon settled down when I got home. No pains this morning, just a "clearout" again (sorry, TMI). No more plug/loss/discharge at all.
Hmm, what is going on?? I know you ladies have suggested getting the Midwife to check, and thanks for that advice (hugs) but here in the UK, they are abit more reserved about vaginal examinations than they are in the US. Usually they are not willing to check you unless you are in active labour, or are overdue and need a sweep....but I can ask, cant I?
In other news, I have my consultant appointment at the hospital today. Im a bit nervous, as I will basically be telling her that I dont care what she has to say, and I have already been booked in for a homebirth, and have my pool waiting in my living room. Oops! I bet that doesnt go down well....

Anyways, thats all my news today. lol. Hope you are all well :hugs:
xx

Congrats Chilli & Grand!! :happydance::happydance:

Happy 38 weeks bump buddy Shell! And Amber for yest! xx

Lovely pic Lil, so glad it went well xx

:hi: everyone else

AFM no signs of labour yet but definately think bump is dropping so hopefully won't be too long. I have been taking rasberry leaf tablets for about 3 weeks now so hopefully they will help me! My friend swears by them! Also does anyone know when I can start using clary sage?

Thanks

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"