Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Vix - what a great birth story! and so glad you didnt have to have your placenta removed mahually. Libby is absolutely beautiful!! well done you!!

Grand - Happy 39 weeks! yes, my pool is here now. set up in my living pool already! lol.

Lil - lovely news that DH can feel Peanut moving now....

xx

Thanks for all the reassurances ladies - I certainly hope 7lb is going to be big enough because I am in labour! Lost my plug yesterday morning then waters broke about lunchtime. had very gradual tightenings starting about an hour or so after that. Spent 3 hours at the maternity unit this evening while they confirmed waters gone, me and baby happy but having pathetic contractions (not what they said but I got the idea!) Left the midwife led unit at 10pm to come home for food and rest and I have until 8.30am to get into estabilshed labour to be allowed to deliver at the midwife unit in the pool. if not progressing by 8.30 its off to the consultant unit in Newastle RVI to be induced.

Managed a little rest but after an hour so i could not cope with contractions lying down and now i can't cope with them sitting so I am trying to stand and away without falling over asleep. Think they are getting more regular so off to time them some more.

Hopefully I will be able to let you know whats happening in the morning xxx

Milos- Good Luck!! Can't wait to welcome another baby onto our thread!!

Afm- thanks for your thoughts ladies. We've had a pretty stressful week and I've just been exhausted. My Mum has been diagnosed with secondary liver cancer. She first had breast cancer when I was 17 and its been on and off since. I'm devestated, I can't sleep, my Mum and I are so close and I just cant imagine life without her. I'm worried about the effects on Apple Alice but I can't change it. Trying to pick myself up and carry on now.
In other less devestating news, oh helped me move all the furniture round in C's room yesterday so we can make 'space' for Apple Alice. We also went to ikea (hell on earth) for a chest of drawers for her and some more toy storage. It's C's birthday at the end of the month and I've been being fairly brutal on the clearout! I know he will get so many presents! We looked at cots, can't decide if we should convert C's bed back to a cot for her or get her a cot.... He loves his bed so much...

Vix- What a wonderful birth story! I'm hoping mine will be similar after C's trauma.
Such a cutie!! xx

Sparkle - so very sorry to hear about your mum. I don't know what to say but had to say something.
I'm not very good with words, but am so upset for you:hugs:

Thank you New- that means a lot. How are you doing darling?

AAARrrgghhhh Milos, how exciting!! Keep us posted xxx

Thank you New- that means a lot. How are you doing darling?

I'm doing well thanks. Have recovered quickly from the erpc and looking forward to moving on. Feeling very positive at the moment, long may it last.
Hoping to go back to work week after next. Think I'm ready for it now.

Look after yourself and Apple Alice xx

Yay Milos.. keep us posted.. :) and 7lbs is perfect..

Sparkle-so sorry to hear about your mom.. huge hugs to you and your family at this time..

AFM-actually saw my belly moving last night when peanut was kicking.. so fun to watch.. peanut has really been moving up a storm.. likes to at night when its time to go to sleep it seems..

scan is in 3 days.. :)

Milos--:happydance: Can't wait to hear your update! Good luck with everything and 7lbs is going to be plenty! So excited for you!!!

Shell--keep us posted hun! I am excited for you!!

Imp--those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! I too like the black and white photos! I wish I could convince DH to do something like that!

Bellas--the heartrate does go down. I have not been doing the dopplar, but I have to do NSTs twice a week where I am strapped to a machine that monitor's Grace's heartrate. Her resting rate has dropped into the 120s in the last few weeks from the 130-140s. MD told me this is totally normal. As long as her average is staying above 120, they are not concerned. Hope that helps!

Vix--what a birth story! I am so happy you were able to deliver the way you wanted and that the placenta came out on its own, phew! And Libby Grace is so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing some pictures of her!

Sparkle--So sorry to hear about your mom, hun, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. My grandmother lost a breast to breast cancer in her 30s, and my mother recently had a suspicious lump found in hers that we just found out the other day was thankfully not cancerous. It is a very stressful and difficult time, please know we are here for you if you need to talk. :hugs:

As for the exhaustion, I agree with Grand, make sure you get plenty of rest, I had to nap so often in 2nd tri and have noticed the last week or so that I tire more as well.

Good luck with clearing out space for little Apple Alice!

Neffie--hope you are having a good weekend with DH putting together that furniture!

lil--:thumbup: that DH can feel and see the little one moving now also! Also glad you can feel him/her moving around more! I hear you on the spicy food, I get a similar reaction from Grace when I eat it! haha

Grand--Happy 39 weeks! FX'd that we get to see Little Blue's arrival in the coming days! In meantime, hope you and DH are enjoying and relaxing in these final few days of just being the 2 of you!

New--thinking of you hun and wishing you a speedy recovery!:hugs:

AFM: My office threw me a surprise baby shower on Friday, totally unexpected, got a lot of wonderful things, more clothes, toys, a pack and play from the partners in the firm, it was lovely--of course that meant I have spent the last couple of days organizing and washing clothes again (just when I thought I was done!)

Doctor told me on Friday that we will be scheduling my induction for 39 weeks, so we are looking at the 19th as the likely day, give or take a day, I will know for sure this week at my next appointment. Grace's growth scan is thursday (13th), so we will have a good idea as to her size and likelihood of a C-Section. It's all becoming very real now! DH and I took time this weekend to go out to our favorite restaurant and do a few things together, knowing full well it will soon be 3 of us instead of 2!

Morning Ladies!!!!!

Sorry I wasnt on here at all yesterday....need to catch up!

Eek, Milos!! How exciting!! :dance:
I trully hope your contractions became stronger and more regular on their own, and that you got to give birth in the Midwife-led Unit. I hope you didnt need to be induced at the hospital.
Cant wait to get an update from you as soon as you are ready....

Oh Sparkle, Hun :hugs: I am so so sorry to hear about your Mum. You and your family are in your thoughts and prayers. Please stay strong for C and AA....
Also, congrats on braving Ikea! I wouldnt dare! lol. Hope you manage to sort out the bedroom situation.

Lil - not long til your scan now. How exciting!! And great news on you seeing Peanut moving. I remember the first time I saw Bo move - amazing!! :D

New - glad to hear you are feeling so positive. Good for you. Hope you make a speedy recovery :hugs:

Amber - how lovely of your office to throw you a surprise baby shower! and wow, I cant believe little Grace will be here in just over a week from now... just sooo exciting!! :dance:

Hope everyone else is well :hi:

AFM: so, as you know. I had a small bloody show on Thursday morning. mild backache and period pains all day and night Thursday. By Friday, pains were getting a bit stronger, but nothing major. Went out for a hot curry with friends on Friday night. Nothing happened - I didnt even get diahorrea (TMI, lol). No pains at all Saturday, and had a great nights sleep saturday night. Started to think it was all a false alarm :(
So yesterday morning, me and OH decided to take matters into our own hands... we had a marathon sex session (TMI, sorry!) followed by a long brisk walk around the park. well - that got stuff moving! I had bad backache and stomach cramps all day. We then went for a meal with OHs family for his Aunt's birthday. But after sitting still for a few hours, the pains had stopped. So we went for another long walk, and they came back with a vengance. When we got home, I bounced on my ball infront of the TV until bed time. Had a terrible nights sleep, in lots of pain with my back, stomach, hips and legs. Then this morning, another bloody show! This one was bigger and bloodier than the last one (so sorry for TMI). So...Im gonna spend the morning bouncing on my ball, and then go for a long walk in the afternoon. I WILL get things moving today!!

xx

Yay Shell it's going to happen soon I can feel it!

Kizzy- happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Kizzy. XX

Sparkle - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. XX

Shell - I hope that all the walking and bouncing gets things moving for you. XX

Hi to everyone else XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kizzy--Happy Bday hun! :cake:

Shell--keeping my fx'd for you that things keep progressing and you are soon holding little Bo in your arms!

Bean--how are you doing? How is maternity leave working out, is it helping your stress level? thinking of you!

Amber thanks hun.

Yeah I am far better now that I am on maternity leave. Feeling much more relaxed. I cant believe how close it is getting for so many of us. Wow you are only a little over 2 weeks away.

XX Started stripping lounge today - I think that maybe I have taken nesting to a higher level. XX oooops - dh not back yet - I could be in trouble. XX

Shell-good luck hope bo is in your arms in the next day or 2.. :)

Amber-sounds like things are moving for you too.. cant believe the 19th thats so soon.. :)

Kizzy-happy birthday hun.. hope your having a great day with your little girl.. :)

AFM-been a restful weekend.. 2 days till my scan and i just cant wait..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->