Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Lil--aww hun what a beautiful little baby you have there growing inside of you, such wonderful pictures, and thank you for sharing them!!

Bellas/Shell--Happy 38 weeks ladies!!

shell--good for you :thumbup: in sticking to your guns at your appointment today, I hope it goes well! And I hope your mw does check you, just to at least get you some answers as to how far you are moving along. I totally understand the more reserved approach they have, but I can't see why a quick check wouldn't hurt, especially with all of your signs, like you said, a girl can ask! :flower:

bellas--good to hear that baby is dropping, I am sure your signs are not that far off, keeping my fx'd for you!!

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies, hope your day is going well!

AFM: Growth scan today and...wow :shock:...I have an 8 1/2 lb little girl inside of me---boy did she have a growth spurt in the last few weeks! 88th percentile, the little tubby!!! I truly hope she decides to come on her own in the next few days but at least my induction is less than a week away, phew! Given her size though, I have a feeling a C-Section is in my future unless my body decides to buck up and loosen up, which I really hope it does! I have also read that u/s measurements can be off, so hopefully she is not quite that big, but we shall see!

Right ladies sorry it has taken so long but NO mobile or internet signal in hospital!

My yellow bump turned BLUE! Baby Callum Hunter David was born 9/10/11 at 11.32pm. Weighing just 5lb 9oz (don't you love those accurate growth scans!)

Birth plan went all to pot - started off overnight went to midwife lead unit failed to progress so ended up at the RVI in Newcastle on pitocin drip and he arrived very rapidly after that! More details when I get a chance.

Been back at the lovely MLU for 3 days to recuperate and start breast feeding so we have just got home. Off to cuddle my 3 boys (DH, Milo and Callum) more later xxx

PS congratulations Chilli and Grand.
Grand - can't believe we had our little boys within an hour of each other! xxx

congratulations Milo on your baby boy!!
I can't believe how many little bubbas we have on our thread now!!

WELCOME ELEANORA PATRICIA, INDIGO JAMES, and CALLUM HUNTER DAVID!!!!!!

huge congrats ladies!!!!!!!!

:hug: :hugs:

WELCOME ELEANORA PATRICIA, INDIGO JAMES, and CALLUM HUNTER DAVID!!!!!!

Wow cant beleive how our groups grown so quickley..... CONGRATS MUMS

I HAVE LIBBY SLEEPING ON MY CHEST SO CANT TYPEWELL LOL X

Yay! :happydance::headspin::yipee:CONGRATULATIONS MILOS and WELCOME BABY CALLUM!!! :happydance::headspin::yipee:

So happy for you and glad you are home snuggling up already with your boys!

CONGRATULATIONS CHILLI!! Welcome Eleanora Patricia!!

CONGRATULATIONS GRAND!! Welcome Indigo James!!

CONGRATULATIONS MILO!! Welcome Callum Hunter David!!

Afm I'm back from New Brunswick! We had a great working trip. Looked at a bunch of possibilities for purchasing another multi unit building and are going to put in an offer. So hopefully that goes well. We went swimming in the hotel every morning and night, which I loved! Its sooo nice to just float weightless for a while. Also had a few hot tubs, which felt amazing!! I asked my midwife before we left if it would be ok and she said no problem. Had an other midwife appointment yesterday which went well. LO is growing perfectly! Now spending the day cooking up some big batches of chili and a few other dishes for the boys. They are going to re shingle our roof this weekend. And us girls are heading to the spa for a renewal retreat weekend! Cant wait for a massage!. Anyway this will be my last big outing for a while as time is getting close. I'll catch up again as soon as I'm home!

Milos - CONGRATS!!!! :happydance: Glad to hear that all went well. Enjoy your time with Callum, and we look forward to seeing some pics when you have a breather.

Congratulations mills,fabulous news!! How many babies have we got now? Cant believe how quickly they have started coming!!

Shell, how did your appt go?

Amber, my baby was 8.5 lbs, dont worry, it's not too big and as others have said growth scans are not that accurate!!

As for me, georgie has put on 6.5oz since sat and grown 4cms since birth, what a big girl :) she's more adorable every day and is sleeping really well in-between feeds, I am so glad I stopped breast feeding!! Went shopping today to try to get some new clothes as I've lost all but 4lb of my baby weight but didn't get much as I have lost my shopping mojo! Just want to buy baby stuff!! Have a docs appt tomorrow, I think my antibiotics have worked as my stitches feel a lot better so going to get him to check!! X

CONGRATULATIONS MILOS!! welcome to the world baby Callum Hunter David!!

Sorry to hear your birth didnt go to plan, Milos. Looking forward to reading the full birth story, and seeing pics of your little boy. Isnt he tiny???
xx

Amber - thanks for asking. It was my consultant appointment at the hospital today, but I have my midwife appointment at my Doctors surgery tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow afternoon. Wow, Grace is a big girl! although ive heard that growth scans scan be up to 1lb off either side (hope that means Grace is 7 1/2 lbs, and not 9 1/2 lbs!)
Hope she makes an appearance before your scheduled induction next week. Keeping my fingers crossed for you....

Imp - sounds like you had a great trip! and im so jealous of your planned spa retreat! hope you have a wonderfully relaxing time....

Kizzy - thanks for asking about my appointment. It went well, I will go into detail in a minute. Georgie is just sooo cute! I love it when you upload new pics on facebook! glad to hear she is growing and sleeping so well. and great news on your weight loss! well done you! good luck for your doctors appointment tomorrow....

AFM: i had my consultant appointment at the hospital this morning. I decided to take a brisk walk down there, to see if it would get my labour moving better. It took me 35 minutes of brisk walking. Anyways, when I got in there, they took my blood pressure as usual, but it was sky-high due to the fast walk! they had to take it 4 times over the space of 40 minutes, before it finally came down to normal! the midwife was starting to get worried that I would have to be admitted for hypertension!

anyways, the consultant eventually came in, and said that she had spoken to the pharmacist, who said that there was no known link between my food allergies, and an allergy to the syntometrine jab (well, durr!) so she said I was fine to have my homebirth! (although I was gonna go ahead without her permission, it felt good to have her support, I suppose?)

however, she then says that when she spoke to the pharmacist, she found out that apparently there IS a link between my food allergies, and an allergy to epidural/spinal anaesthesia. so she sent me off to talk to an anaesthetist about my options should I need to be transferred into hospital, and require any anaesthesia. after a long wait to see the anaesthetist, I was eventually told that the phramacist was wrong, and there is NO link. so I would be fine to have an epidural or spinal if needed. ARGH! what is wrong with these people?!

so basically, I have been at NO RISK all this time. grr! its a good job I put my foot down and insisted on the homebirth, rather than listen to the silly consultant. sorry for the rant....

xx

Lil - Glad to hear that everything went well with your scan. :) Lovely pics! I'm guessing boy. :winkwink:

Shell - Happy 38 weeks! Gosh, what a roller coaster you've been on with all the back and forth between the midwife/consultant/pharmacist. :wacko: That's great that you are low risk and will get your home birth after all. Are you going to have the mw check your progress at tomorrow's appointment?

Bellas - Happy 38 weeks! The dropping bump sounds like things will start moving soon.

Amber - Looks like you've got a healthy little girl in there. I wouldn't worry too much about her size...you don't have too much longer to go. I hope that your body starts doing the trick on it's own, and she gets here before your induction. :thumbup:

Imp - Enjoy your time at the spa!

Kizzy - Glad to hear that Georgina is growing nice and strong. And :thumbup:
for already losing most of the weight.

AFM, finished getting my stuff out of Coco's future closet. Boy, was it a doozie. :wacko: Took WAY longer than expected. The nursery wall decor for one of the walls has been delivered, so plan to work on that over the weekend. Thanks for the words of support and reassurance regarding my sister in law. Still hard to have a sense of complete normality with everything she's going through, but all we can do is hope for the best.

:dance: Welcome Indigo and Callum! :dance:

So happy for both of you. It doesn't seem so long ago that we were crying over the 2WW together, and now your dreams have come true. :cry: (happy tears!) :cloud9:

Who's next????

Amber: When I was born I was over 9lbs - I was a little tubby. :haha: Don't worry, you can handle it!

Shell: So glad to hear you can have the home birth you wanted. Dealing with 'professionals' who have no idea what they're talking about can be so frustrating, though!

:hi: Hello and best wishes to everyone else!!

I just want to start by saying congrats to all of the new mommas in here! Wow! There was a boom in births while I was away!:happydance:

I've been reading everybody's posts through subscription, but I haven't felt up to posting. Sorry. :blush:

I'm currently days away from being 20 weeks! I know. I can't believe it either! My (pre-existing) diabetes has been kicking me in the rear though. I passed out a couple of weeks ago due to low blood sugar and the paramedics had to be called. It shook me up a bit and has caused me to try to be even more careful than I was before (and I was super careful before!). But I'm fine and baby's fine. :)

On October 19th, I go for a Level 2 ultrasound (due to diabetes) to check how the baby is growing and developing and to see if any defects due to diabetic issues have arisen. Crossing our fingers that this baby is as healthy as any other baby out there not born to a diabetic mother. We'll also be finding out the gender. :happydance: Team yellow :yellow: for now, but this time next week, I'll be team Pink :pink: or team Blue :blue:. And, believe me, we have a name picked out for both teams.

I hope you guys welcome me back with the open arms you usually have for slackers like me. You can always find me on my blog though (https://thebethchronicles.blogspot.com) I'm still shocked that I've made it this far! And to think, I'm over halfway there!

Welcome back, Beth!! I wondered where you were and what you were up to. Great to hear from you :hugs:
Wow, I cant believe that you are almost half way there, it only seems like yesterday that you got your BFP (to me, anyways).
How exciting that you will be finding out what Team you are on next week! Please log on and update us if you can. would love to see your scan pics and hear your baby names... :pink: or :blue:
Regarding the diabetes, I know it must be very stressful for you. I have no experience of diabetes, so I wouldnt be much help. However, Im sure Amber wouldnt mind me offering her up as your buddy. She has GD, and is coping very well with it all. We are so proud of her. And her baby Grace is doing very well, so its not all doom and gloom.
Good luck with everything, Hun. and keep in touch :friends:
xx

No time for a proper post but I just wanted to say....
Shell- I am so so happy that you are on this thread. You always have something lovely and supportive to say and you never forget us. I am so so touched by your care and consideration. Good luck with the midwife today.

Ps Cormack finally on the mend! Woo!!

Sparkle - your message made me cry (pregnancy hormones?) thankyou for your kind words. Also, Im so glad to hear that C is on the mend. That must be a weight off your mind. Hope you and your Mum are as well as can be expected :hugs:
xx

I agree with that post about shell, so true! I am always amazed how well you remember everyone's stories and make personal messages to each individual, it's lovely xx shell for prime minister!! Haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->