Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Hi everyone, thank you for your thoughts. DH does not have appendicitis. Thank goodness, no surgery. After an inconclusive abdominal ultrasound he had a CT scan and was diagnosed with diverticulitis. It's a bowel condition that can become quite serious if not treated. He has to take 5 antibiotics a day for the next 10 days. Then he will have to learn to manage this condition through his diet. It can flare up again. It's a chronic condition that can be managed but not completely "cured". So it's not great news but it could have been much worse. He was is so much pain but is already starting to feel better.
Babe has not made any indications of being ready to come out. It's good for now because DH needs a few days to get better to be able to support me through labour. But I am so excited to meet her and just can't wait. My due date is tomorrow.
Hope everyone is well. Vix I really like the "where do babies come from story" very cute.

Morning Ladies! :hi:

Vix-I hope you manage to find a health visitor to attend you. this is very silly (and dangerous) that they are passing you back from one area to the next. and I cant believe that the midwives werent interested in you postnatally either. How terrible! :nope: they do say that maternity services in the NHS are falling apart - I guess its true.... Glad you and Libby are doing so well. and I understand you not wanting your DH to get the snip just yet. Im also 24 like you, and couldnt imagine that decision at such a young age (although this is only my first, and I would like at least one more, if I am lucky enough) :cloud9:

Amber- ooh, the nesting sounds like a positive symptom! and so does the cervical pain (although im sorry that it reminds you of your m/c) :hugs: I hope that things are happening for you - otherwise, induction tomorrow!! how exciting!! Baby Grace, we will be meeting you very soon!! :dance: also, I would love to join a Femmes Fetales Rainbow Babies thread over in baby club (when my baby gets here of course....)

Lisa- so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. thats the last thing you need at this moment in time, isnt it? :hugs: Im glad to hear that it wasnt something more serious, but still, it must be awful for him. Im thinking of you both, and hoping he feels better in time to support you during your labour and birth. Good luck, and keep us posted! :flower:

Hi to everyone else! :hi:

AFM: those of you in the UK will see the time that I posted this, and notice that its just past 5am. Im not usually up at this time of day - but I *think* my waters may have broken. isnt it funny how you can just *think*, but not be sure?!
Basically, I woke up just before 5am, feeling quite damp. I went to the bathroom, and found my underwear and pyjama bottoms to be wet/damp. I wasnt sure if I had perhaps peed myself a little? or if I just had a lot of discharge?
So ive put clean underwear on, with a pad inside. and at 6am, Im gonna go to the bathroom and check to see what is on the pad.
Ive left OH asleep in bed, and come downstairs, as I do not want to disturb him (especially if its a false alarm!)
I will keep you all posted ladies. Hope you have a good day....
xx

good luck shellney what you described is exactly how my waters broke and it all began. Fingers crossed your contractions start soon and we have another new arrival asap.

Good luck with the induction amber don't worry about grace's size one of my best friends has 2 boys her first was 11lb 13oz delivered with forceps and epidural. Her second was 11lb 3oz induced on his due date arrived within 12 hours and she pushed him out herself!

aFM doing well with callum feeding going well midwife visited yesterday and was happy with us both. Health visitor coming tomorrow so i hope she weighs him i am desperate to check that my wee man is getting bigger. Still not found time to sort out photos for you all but i will try asap xxx

a year ago today I had my dating scan and found out that my baby had not developed.
I am so lucky to be pregnant again but still feel so sad.

XX

Aww Bean :hugs:
Thinking of you today, on your Angel's anniversary :angel:
Try to stay positive for your rainbow baby :baby:
xx

So glad everything is going so well with Callum, Milos, and that he is feeding well. Hope he has gained a good amount of weight when the health visitor weighs him. Looking forward to you uploading those pics.... :)
xx

Shell- eeek so exciting!! I have to say I said exactly the same when my waters broke. It turned out to be my forwaters (?) the ones that were in front of Cormacks head when my actual waters came later that day I really knew about it!!
Thinking of you xxx

Afm- c back in nursery yesterday! He settled really well, so pleased. I now have a stinking cold however and am planning on returning to bed once I've dropped him...

Aww, Sparkle. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Go back to bed and get some rest! Glad to hear Cormack is better, and has settled back into nursery.
xx

Thinking of you bean xx

Shell, wohooooooooo so excited for you, hope this is it!! Xxx

Ohhhh Shell!!! I'm excited for you!! (I'm sooooo broody lol) my waters have always gone with a pop and no mistaking they have gone, but my freind who laboured at home just had a trickle and I though she'd wee'd herself but it was her fore waters!! So good luck and can't wait to here!! The hospital can check if they've gone with a piece of special paper if your still not sure!
I'm loving the new B and B on my phone! So easy to post! x

I saw my baby today. :cloud9:
He/she measures right on at 7w3d and has a heartbeat of 158bpm.
I'm still in shock. I was truly expecting the worst, like it could never possibly happen to me. I'm just...wow.
As we were leaving the clinic, I asked DH if he wanted to look at the pictures of Blobby McGee...I guess that's my new nickname for the bean. Now I have the Janis Joplin song in my head...:haha:
I'll scan the (blurry) pictures and post them later tonight.

Shell: Keep us updated! Today could be the day you meet your rainbow baby! :cloud9: I'll be thinking of you.

Beanwood: Anniversaries are hard. Take time to grieve, but feel extra grateful for the rainbow baby you now have. :hugs:

Anna- what wonderful news!! I'm so glad Blobby McGee is measuring perfectly! Xx

Congrats again, Anna :dance:
And Blobby McGee is a great name! :haha:
xx

Shell--:happydance: so excited for you, please keep us posted when you can!!!

LiSa--glad your DH doesnt need surgery and I hope he is able to keep things well under control with his diet. Happy Due Date btw, even if she comes a little later, at least you know it is not long now!!

milos--so glad to hear that Callum is doing so well and your appointments are going well too, I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Bean--:hugs: thinking of you and your angel today hun, these anniversaries are so difficult. Your little angel is up there watching over you and your growning little one. :hugs:

Sparkle--glad Cormack is back to nursery! Please get some rest and some warm soup in you for that cold!

Anna--such wonderful news about your ultrasound, and I love your nickname for the bubs!! I can't wait to see the scan pics, no matter how blurry!

AFM: DH's birthday is today, and no sign he will get a baby on his Bday from me! haha Grace is doing great, had her final NST and she was wide awake, showing off her tumbles and rolls, so we did not have to be there for long today. Unfortunately, in spite of positive "symptoms" of labor, I am not dilating as far as they want me to for my induction tomorrow, so they had to back me up a few hours and are going to give me something to prep my cervix (some sort of vaginal suppository)--that usually has to be in for a few hours, and then they will start the pitocin--so we are looking at late tomorrow for starting and Thursday by the time she is here! Arg! I had myself all mentally prepared for tomorrow, now I have to reset! I'm such a bundle of nerves!

Happy birthday to your DH Amber :cake:

Here in the UK, they always start inductions with a vaginal suppository, which softens and dilates the cervix. Then they artificially break the waters, and then put the drip up (if you havent started contracting regularly/strongly by yourself).

Good luck with everything tomorrow and Thursday. I will be thinking of you lots. Much love to you, DH and Grace :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->