Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Vix I agree about dr browns, they have changed our feeding experience!! I also have been struggling a bit with G not sleeping much and taking ages over her night feeds but I was getting up with her, taking her downstairs, pitting tv on etc and a friend suggested I took bottles up with me and fed her in the dark in our room, just using a night light to see when I change her nappy and see how it goes, well last night first night of that and she did two half hour feeds, one ten min top up and is still asleep and I got a great nights sleep too!! Woohoo!! Now I just need to get her to sleep in the day time, haha x

Milos--he is soooo beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your pics!

Anna--what an adorable little bean, I am so very happy for you!

Neffie--:thumbup: on more nursery progress! Good luck with the pediatrician hunt, that is a very difficult choice. I am fortunate in that one of my sorority sisters from college happens to be a pediatrician here in the city just about 5 miles away, so that part of the process was easy for us. If not for her, I would be stressing to find one!

Bean--:hugs: it is so hard when there is a day full of good and bad memories, it creates a difficult emotional mix. I hope you were able to get through yesterday ok.

Vix--glad you were able to find a bottle that is good for Libby!! We went with Avent bottles for if BFing doesnt work out. If they don't work, I will have to look into the Dr. Browns.

Kizzy--so glad to hear G is starting to sleep better and give you some rest!

Shell--thinking of you hun, hope all is going well!

AFM: First day of maternity leave, yay! Of course, it is also induction day, but it feels so good to be able to focus exclusively on becoming a mommy today. I have had a little bit of brown spotting when I do a #2 (sorry, tmi), I am guessing that is just left over from the show. DH stayed home today with me just in case anything happens (waters, etc). If not, we are just hanging out waiting for the phone call tonight (between 9-12 est) to go in to start the induction process. I am hoping I show up, they examine me and see that I don't need too much assistance! I am so very nervous!!

Hope you ladies all have a wonderful day!

Kizzy- Libby is having last feed at 10-11pm and I'm taking her to bed (finally in her basket instead of chair) she's waking about 2am, then 5-6am and up at 7am I know that's not bad for a newborn but I can't get used to the lack of sleep! They say to rest when they do, but for u when G doesn't sleep during day, and for Zack only at nursery 2hrs a day its easier said than done!! I've started taking my normal vitimaints again with added iron to try shake my sleepy-ness as I've never been so tired!! I also feed in our room with bathroom light down the hallway on, I've started to wind and put down and hold her hand, as I don't want to start a patern of her having to be held to go to sleep as my eldest did that for 3 years and it was horrid!! Does she sleep in the car?? Lib doesn't!! When is your health visitor coming!? I'm going to take her to the drop in clinic attached to nursery tomorrow morning, altho they aren't my HV they do a drop in clinic so I'm going to pop in and see what they say!!
X

Good luck today Amber - hope it all goes to plan xxx

Anna - congratulations on your scan. I hope you can relax and enjoy the next few months xxx

Grand - hows it going? getting any sleep?

Vix and Kizzy - glad to hear your new bottles are helping the girls get their grub x

Neffie - sounds like the nursery is going well - can we see some photos yet?

IMp - enjoy your showers and try to get some rest x

Shellney - hope you have baby in arms by now and that you got your home birth. Can't wait to hear all about little Bo xxx

AFM - health visitor has been (Vix that is my first visit from them 10 days after he was born) He has grown lots - now 5lb 15oz! HE was 5lb 9oz at birth lost 3 oz in first few days when he was weighed on day 4 but since then has gained so much again which is a relief - he is obviously getting what he needs from me xxx

Milo- 5lb 15oz ohhh he's so small!! He looks so big on his pics!! Good weight gain!!
Our health authority's must be different here, we have midwife calling day 2, day 6 and day 10! And our babys only get weight on day 10 they won't weigh before that due to babys losing 10% of their body weight!
How long did the midwife come to you!? X

Milo-he is so handsome.. thank you for sharing..

Anna-so happy for you and thanks for sharing blobby... i do get the staring at the scan pics i do it too.. :)

Amber-best of luck with the induction process.. hope all goes smoothly for you..

Shell-hope all is going for you as well.. :)

Hi to the rest of you lovely ladies and hope your all doing well..

Yay I have a banana baby today.. :) lol

Amber - Will be thinking of you today. Hope all goes well!

Shell - Does your absence mean you've had Bo? I hope so. Waiting for an update.

Milos - Glad to hear that Callum is growing nice and strong. He might be small at the moment, but he'll catch up soon. Like you said, he's obviously getting the right kind of nutrition. Still have some cleaning to do in the nursery, but will definitely post some pics once there's been further progress.

Lil - Happy Banana! :)

Just a quick update since I'm at work and nanny baby is starting to wakeup from his nap. The ultrasound went fairly well yesterday. I'll have to go back for a fetal echocardiogram in a month to check the heart better. Baby's umbilical cord also has only two vessels, instead of three, which may cause growth issues down the road but nothing too serious. Best of all, no complications to the baby due to my type 1 diabetes (even after almost 16 years with it)! The nurse/ultrasound person even gave us a 3d/4d sneak peak!

We had the nurse put the gender in an envelope and we took it to a friends bakery. Our friend made us a cupcake with colored frosting inside (blue if boy, pink if girl). Well, what do you know: our cupcake had pink frosting! Another for team pink!!!

Congrats on team pink beth.. :)

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well..

Congratulations on team pink Beth!

i can't believe how quiet this thread is since the babies have started popping!!

Shell & Amber- hope you have your beautiful princesses in your arms xx

Lil- yay for being a banana!!

Neffie- your nursery sounds wonderful, can't wait to see some pics!

Hi everyone else!

How are all the gorgeous babies? Im loving the beautiful pictures x

Afm- consultant appt tomorrow and cervical check. I'm quite nervous, for the first time I have to go alone. The last few times either my dh or Mum have come too. I've been really teary about it. In fact I've been really teary about a lot of things, not sure if its the hormones or just everything being a bit too much at the moment. Dh has been fab, he brought me home the loveliest surprise flowers the other day and came home early tonight to give C his dinner and bath him. I'm going to talk to my consultants lovely midwife tomorrow. I had pnd depression with C and don't want things to get on top of me...

Hello everyone! Sorry i've not been posting much, have still been popping by to see how you all are though. Hope all you pregnant ladies are doing ok and feeling well.
And a massive congratulations to the new mummies! Welcome to the world little ones! :cloud9:

I too have just this week changed to Dr Browns bottles! They are worth every penny and although Ada is still a little sickly they have def made feeding much better for her.
We are off on our first trip away tomorrow as a family of 4, just a long weekend but looking forward to it. Will be back Tues to check for any news!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :flower:

Pixie- Glad Dr.Browns are working for you aswel!!

Sparkle- good luck with the app tomorrow!

Bethan- another team pink!! Girl power!!

Shell and Amber- I hope you and babys are well, can't wait to hear you announcements

Grand- How's it going!?

Hope I've not forgot anyone! I'm us less at this lol

AFM
Libby got weighted today! 9lb 8oz!! That's a whole LB since birth 18 days ago!! She's now growing out of all the beautiful expensive adorable next baby grows that I spent a fortune on because they are adorable lol
The sleepless nights are killing me, but she's worth it!!!

Hope ur all well, can't believe how quiet the forum is at moment!! I suppose your all resting whilst babys are sleeping!! I use that time to stalk you all!! X

hey ladies callum is sleeping so i am updating! First proper trip out today hour walk with dogs pram grandpa and daddy then lunch at a local farm shop. First attempt at public breastfeeding dont think anyone got an eyeful!

Vix - i stayed in at midwife led unit for 4 days he was weighed before leaving to make sure he had not lost too much but that was only cause he was so little to start with they dont normally get weighed til ten days. Midwife visited day 5 and 8 although i was offered visits days 6 and 7 if i wanted them and the midwife rang me on day 7 to check on us. hV came on day 10, midwife will be back next week about day 14 for final check if all is ok then health visitor again about another week after that. Then its up to me to take him to the clinics. I must admit the care here has been fabulous!

Sparkle i hope your appointment goes ok sorry you have to go on your own. I hope your midwife helps with some of your concerns and can offer support and reassurance x

bethna- congratulations on team pink! Callum and grand's wee boy really are in the minoroty around here!

the baby boom has made this a quiet thread but i cant wait to hear about shellney and ambers new arrivals x

love to everyone else i forgot xxxx

Milo
I'm writing this on my bb one handed as feeding libby so plz excuse my shit grammer n no full. Lol

Am I right in thinking callums you first baby obvoiusly other than ur ectopic n mc. Maybe that's why iv been offered as much as u have. Rightly so too no amount of books and advise of parent etc can prepare u for the real thing and altho libs is my third Its still taking time findig our feed I don't need hepl or advise off the mw or hv but if I did I feel like I've not had the opportunity to ask for it

On the plus I went to clinic in the nxt villiage and saw my old hv who knows of my history with pnd after jessicas birth I told her what had happened or what hasn't and said I felt let down and within the hour I had a call from a other mw saying she's coming tuesday yay

Wingys time now goodnite x

Hello Ladies :hi:

I am delighted to announce the safe arrival of my darling daughter Bo.
Her name is Freya Bo and she was born on Wednesday 19th October 2011 at 7.48pm, weighing 7 lb 10.5 oz.

I will update you all with a birth story and pics later....
Thankyou all for asking after me over the last few days. Its lovely to know I was in your thoughts.

Thinking of you, Amber. Hope you and Grace are well....
xx

Congrats Shell!!! Welcome baby Freya!! Such a pretty name!!

Look forward to seeing pics!! Take care xx

Shell - Congrats!!!! :wohoo: Welcome baby Freya!! (that's a lovely name). Look forward to hearing your birth story, and seeing her pictures.

Beth - Congrats on team :pink:!!! The girls sure have taken over this thread. :winkwink: Glad to hear all went well with the scan, and that the LO is not affected by the diabetes. Very cute idea by the way regarding the reveal of baby's sex! :thumbup:

Sparkle - Thinking of you today. Hope all goes well at the appointment! Sorry that you have to go alone. Just try to stay positive, and think about the fact that you won't be by yourself at the next appointment. :)

Pixie - :hi:. Glad to hear all is going well with you. Enjoy your long weeked with the family, and your new bundle of joy!

Amber - Hope Grace is here safe and sound. Thinking of you!

Grand - Hope things are going well with Indigo. Look forward to hearing from you when you have a chance.

AFM, looks like we have found a pediatrician for Coco! :thumbup: Our appointment went very well, and we love the doctor. We're confident she'll be in good hands. And a quick update on my sister in law. She's still awaiting the results of her blood work, but they another U/S, and based on the baby's development (nasal bone, etc.), they seem pretty confident that the baby won't have any problems. Phewwww, that's definitely a relief! Now just hoping that all her blood work comes back normal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->