Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Grand- your birth story had me sobbing. It's a lot like my story with C. More intervention than I wanted. But we get our beautiful healthy babies at the end. I suffered with pnd after C, I think it was linked to the birth. Look after yourself. Be kind, you did an amazing job. we also had reflux, gaviscon was my saviour!

Shell- Freya is so cute in her witch outfit!! Sorry to hear about your terrible night. Hope it's better this evening xx

Neffie- your parenting class sounds great! How are you feeling?

Amber- I saw Graces pumpkin! So cute!!

I've forgotten loads sorry ladies xx

Afm- things have been so busy!! Cormack turned 3 on Friday, my baby is so grown up now. I've been quite teary thinking of the babies that should have shared it with us. I am so thankful for little Apple Alice. He was a spider for Halloween, will see if I can upload a pic later.

Shell- I hea

Grand thank you so much for sharing you story.. just reminds us that nothing goes as planned.. hope little indie is feeling better and you can all get some much needed rest..

Hope the rest of you are well..

Shell-freya is so cute in her little costume.. :)

Amber - Your dh saounds fab. So sorry that you are feeling emotional - I agree with others it is natural and it will pass.

Neffie - Hope glucose test is all fine.

Grand - Hope indie is ok. Your birth story had me welling up hun- So emotional.
Vix - Hope Libby is ok - poor little thing.

Kizzy - Hi hun How are you.

Shell - Poor little Freya, hope she is ok now and you. How cute Freya looks.

Sparkle, lil and Imp hope you are all ok.

Hi anybody that I have missed.

AFM - Very uncomfortable.

XX

Grand- Lovely to read your story! Brought a tear to my eye (I so badly want to do it again lol) I've had two similar births and its heartbreaking when things don't go your way (that's why I didn't have a birth plan this time altho I wanted to avoid epi) but like u said, when you hold you baby in your arms for the first time it is completely irrelevant how they got there!! I also got to pull Libby up and isn't it the best feeling ever to be the first to hold your baby!!

Shell- I do hope tonight better for you! Hope u can find a way of comforting Freya when she's suffering on a evening!! She looks fab in her outfit!!

AFM- Libby is still badly, she's spent most of the day screaming with only 3hrs sleep since 9am (its 9pm uk time) I'm exhausted and so is she!! But still feeding well and temp is a little more than normal but not considered a fever so good news!!

Today is the first anniversary of when we found out our angel was ectopic, the back end of last week was bed ffor me, DH suggest going to blackpool lights until he relised it was same time last year I ended up in hospital with bleeding, he's been very good with me after I reminded him, had drinks with the girls sat night and spent the day with friends and family sunday so lifted my spirits no end!
Had Libbys name tatooed today, and a blue star for my ectopic, I chose a star as its personal to me, but people won't ask what the starts for!! Feeling ok so far... I just have to look at my DD and I'm reminded everything happens for a reason, our little angel gave way for our beautiful Libby!!

Libbys finally settled so I'm off in the bath and bed!!

Hope all you new mummys are doing well and our still preggo mummys are blooming!!
X

Grand thanks for sharing your story. Every time I read one I cry now, but they do make me feel better about my impending birth. I don't have much of a plan prepared all I want to do is get through it...

Bean, thanks for thinking of me, everything is good. Just trying to get organized and ready.

afm, today has been a bit emotional, my best friend who has gone through 2 losses already just found out that she now has an ectopic, and is going in for surgery. They think everything will be fine when they are finished but it just hits home a bit. I feel for her soooo much! Also I had a feeling that my dh's family were throwing me a surprise shower and I have been trying to ask him for a few weeks with no avail, so I finally came right out and asked. Turns out I am right. Only one issue... they are throwing it for me on the 12th (only a week and a half before my due date) and it is 2 h ours away! I'm not suppose to be traveling any further the 45min away to ensure I make it back if I go into labor! So anyway I'm kinda nervous... but can't exactly not attend. Not really sure what to think right now...

Imp so sorry to hear about your best friend. That is really sad and as you say you feel for her.

Hi to everybody else - hope you all got some sleep moms. I have to say that I have not been overly struggling to sleep whilst pregnant, just the getting up for a wee, so am not very prepared for that bit at all.

XX

ladies i have my flu jab in less than an hour and im working myself up lol i also have an emergency scan at 3pm as bubs isnt moving much and when i was monitored the other she hardly moved when hooked up to the machine so now i have to go to the fetal assessment unit and have a scan to see if she is ok FX'd for me i will keep you all updated xx

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my birth story. I know I love reading people's experiences...they are all so different but like many of you said the end result is the most important...a healthy baby and mom.

SamB - Sorry about the lack of movement I hope your scan is positive and she's just having a lazy day...I know Indigo did sometimes as well.

Bean - Don't worry about being prepared for no sleep and just take advantage that you can get sleep now - build up your reserves...the first two weeks were really hard and I looked like a ghost but now I'm sort of used to it so it isn't as bad. Sorry you're feeling uncomfortable - the end is hard with a big bump. Swimming is the only time I felt really good the last two or three weeks. Do you have a pool or sea/ocean/lake near you?

Sparkle - thanks for your sweet comments...I definitely did suffer some minor depression right after the birth and was really sad how it went hence staying away from BnB. My midwife is really philosophical and told me I have to talk about my birth...my feelings and then accept it and move on and also to talk to Indigo about it and make sure he knows that it's not his fault we had a difficult time. I've forgiven myself and let Indy know that he did an amazing job - it sounds silly maybe but it really helped. Happy Bday Cormack :cake:! ow so big now - can't wait to see his costume.:cake:

Shell - I'm impressed you did Halloween with Freya - she is such a cute witch - hope she's behaving herself...we have the "witching hour(s)" as well...from about 7pm to midnight...oh what fun :wacko:

Imp - that is completely devastating for your friend...I'm sure you will be a support to her. :hugs: As far as the baby shower I wouldn't worry too much - 1st time labor lasts a long time generally so if you start contractions you can always leave the party right away and should be fine. My contractions didn't get really bad for about 12 hours.

Vix - :hugs: for your little angel :hugs: It's nice to have a personal reminder like a tattoo that nobody else really will really guess. I still think about getting one for wee nut. I hope Libby continues to be on the mend the poor thing.

Amber - Good job on your first day...I've had many a change mishap...pee, poop and spit up all at the same time with no protection - we went right into the shower together after that perfect storm - I was laughing and crying at the same time :dohh:! (OH is much better at avoiding disaster)

AFM: Still trucking along with Indy - good and bad moments - but getting better. I managed to go to the market, pay the rent at the estate agent, go to the bank, drop mail off at the post all before 10am - that was a proud mom moment all without drama. I use an ergo carrier and Indy falls right asleep if anyone wants to know the secret :winkwink: Here's a pic:
ergo.jpg

Sparkle - happy 3rd birthday Cormack! :cake: looking forward to seeing pics of him dresses as a spider! sorry to hear you are feeling teary for your losses. its completely normal, hun. thinking of you :hugs:

Bean - sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. hope baby comes soon so that you get some relief. happy "full term" for tomorrow! :dance:

Vix - i cant believe its been a whole year since your ectopic. i remember when you were going through it....thinking of you during this emotional time, hun :hugs: also, its such a strange coincidence, but i got a blue star tattoo in memory of my ectopic baby. where is yours? mine is on my wrist. i am also going to have Freya's name tattooed on my other wrist. hope Libby feels better soon :hugs:

Imp - i am so sorry to hear about your best friend. having been through an ectopic myself, i know how awful it is. just be there for her to talk and listen, as i know you will be :hugs: also, hope you have fun at your belated baby shower (i didnt have mine til i was nearly 37 weeks)

Sam - hope your flu jab went well. its nothing to worry about, is it? im so glad i had mine (4 days before Freya was born) i hope your scan goes well, i will be thinking of you. im sure everything will be fine :hugs:

Grand - well done you for your "super mom" morning! i cant imagine getting all those errands done before 10am with a newborn baby! way to go! :thumbup: also, i adore that pic you posted! you look great - so healthy and happy!

AFM: No colic last night! woohoo! :yipee: but my OH went back to work today :cry: we miss him so much already...also, Freya is still jaundice, even after 14 days, so she is having a few blood tests tomorrow to rule out any medical reasons. bless her.

Hope you are all well :hi:

xx

So happy to hear all your mommy updates... happy things seem to be going well for you all..

Grand-you look beautiful after only 3 weeks.. hope i look that good this time around.. :)

Shell-hope your doing well without oh, not looking forward to that here as i have a 2 year old at home.. happy to hear freya had a good night and hope the blood tests turn out to be nothing..

Sam-hope your us turns out fine and baby is being lazy..

Imp-hope all is going well for you and your getting your things organized.. :)

Sparkle-happy 3rd bday to your little boy.. :)

AFM-23 weeks today.. 1 week to vday.. yay.. next appt is in one week.. feels like time is flying by.. hope your all well..

Grand - what worried me more with sleep is the other 2 as they are still in with me and dh goes in their room. Could be interesting - 6 year old, 3 year old and a newborn. MMM
Your photo is lovely by the way.

Had my scan today - they reckon baby is 6lb 11. Good weight already.

Sam - I hope that everything is ok.

Shell - Great news that you had a better night. Poor little Freya having a blood test tough. BOO

Lil - Happy v day tom.

Morning/afternoon ladies!

Vix--:hugs: and thinking about you today on the anniversary of your loss. Very touching that you got a little star for your angel baby right along with your tattoo for libby---definitely a sign that libby has an angel watching over her. I really hope libby starts to feel better, poor little dear.

samb--it is good you are getting the flu jab, my doctor told me that it would help Grace if I got it while still pregnant, so I opted for it back in september. Keeping my fx'd for your scan--I had to do the very same thing 2 wks before Grace was due--she was not moving enough on the NST monitor, so they sent me off for an ultrasound, and all was well--she was just stubborn when she was resting and could not be stirred (which is exactly how she is outside of the womb too!). I hope the scan has good results for you hun!

Grand--your birth story had me in tears. I am so sorry to see all you had to go through, but I agree that our babies are so worth it, we would do things all over again for the result we had of holding our babes in our arms! I am also glad that you did not have to have a C-Section and were able to pull Indy out and hold him right away. That is the one thing I wish I could have experienced, but they made sure Grace went straight into DH's arms and he brought her over right away for me to give her a kiss.

Wow, you look fabulous in that picture!Good job on getting so much accomplished by 10 am! You have my admiration!! :thumbup:

Sparkle--Happy 3rd birthday to Cormack! :cake: Your little man is certainly growing up! I can't wait to see the pics!

Shell--:hugs: for little Freya--I hope she starts to feel better and that the blood tests yield some answers for you. Very glad to hear that she had no colic last night! Also, huge hugs to you :hugs: on your first day without DH, that was so hard for Gracie and I on Monday, and we are still adjusting, and it is exhausting. Between changings, and expressing and nursing, and dealing with a mummy's girl who wants to be held all of the time, I feel like my house is falling apart! Thinking of you hun!

Bean--so sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are feeling, I hope your little bubs shows soon to give you some relief! :hugs: Excellent news btw on your scan and birth weight!!! :thumbup: I also hope that when bubs comes you are able to get sleep! I hope the rest of us are not scaring you too much on that score!

Lil--Happy 23 weeks, I can't believe how far along you are already, that is so wonderful!! :happydance:

Imp--I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend's loss, my heart goes out to her. :cry: As for your shower, you can do what I did when I had to travel more than an hour away close to my due date--I travelled around with an envelope filled with my medical records so if I went into labor, I had my pregnancy records on hand for any hospital I would end up at. I agree with Grand though, you should be ok to go, and I hope you have a lovely time!

Kizzy--hope all is well hun!

AFM: Grace had her 1 week follow up at the pediatrician, and she has already gained back up to her birth weight and then some! She came in at 8lbs, 1 oz! Doctor says she is doing excellent and the only thing she recommended was some over the counter drops for her gas issues (my little lady loves to fart...a lot!! lol makes me wonder if it is what I am eating that is making her do that, haha!). We had a rough night last night (making up for Monday night's dream of an evening), so mommy is a bit tired today.

Oh, and here are a couple pics of my little pumpkin at Halloween:

Attachments

• P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010039.jpg
    P1010039.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
Aww, Grace looks so cute in her pumpkin suit! and she has such a pretty little face! :cloud9:
xx

Amber - Grace is too cute as a pumpkin!

Lil - Happy almost V-day! It feels so good, non? :flower:

thank you ladies for all the kind words baby is fiiiiine she has just got herself in the head down position and she is facing my back so she is kicking my placenta so i can hardly feel her. the women at the hospital were fab and said if i was still unhappy with her lack of movement then to just go back.

the flu jab wasnt too bad i just get myself soooo worked up about any needle i have to have even if it when they wanna prick my finger for my blood sugars lol!! :haha:

BTW grand you look fab :D

Brill new Sam! And thanks Amber,

Shell- My blue star is on the inside of my left wrist! How strange!! Can I ask why you chose blue?? And Libby is along the side of my foot x

Happy 23rd week Lil!

Bean- I'm with you on the 'weeing' business, I felt like sleeping on the toilet most nights!!

Grand- wow all that before 10am pretty amazing!! Your obviously well organised!! Glad things seem to be getting better/easier, it takes time, you've gone from just you and dh to 3! Hope things continue to get easier!!

Shell- its pretty daunting when DH goes bk to work isn't it!? I felt overwhelmed that even after 2 previous babys I was no fully responsible for this tiny life!! Hope the blood tests go ok and Freyas jurndice resolves quickly

Sorry if I've missed anyone, can't remember everything I wanted to comment on lol

AFM- Libs is much better, still flemmy and a little snotted up but not as unsettled and we had a SMILE for the first time in 3days!! I totally forgot to say libby now gives small SMILES!! Not yet cought it on camera as its too quick for me!! But its beautiful and makes me cry lol
I know I shouldn't moan as Libbys sleeping well on a night, but my baby WILL NOT sleep during that day!! Shes been awake since 7.30am and its now 9.30pm and she's had less than 2hrs sleep all day! She likes to be in my arms constantly and I'm not getting anything done!! Any advise welcome!!

X

Shell--Just realized I missed Freya's pictures, she is soooo cute!! I love the costume, where did you find it? I had a hard time finding anything small enough for Grace!

Vix--so glad to hear that Libby is on the mend!

Samb--what a relief, so glad your scan went well, and awesome they are willing to take a look anytime you grow concerned!

hello ladies sorry i have been mia but actually i have been keeping up and trying to reply but my stupid mobile internet keeps crashing everytime i write a reply its driving me mad and i feel so bad that i have not been commenting on all your news.
Grand your birth story was great as you and so similar to mine in that it was the exact opposite of what i wanted but we have beautiful boys to show for it. Must write my story sometime! Well done on your productive morning i cant wait til callum is big enough for his carrier and we can get out without pram.

Shellney i love freyas outfit very cute. I hope her blood tests were not too stressful xxx

imp i hope you are managing to get some rest and not overdoing it. Sorry to hear about your friends loss recovery from an ectopic is slow and sore but maybe you could tell her about baby and bump and the one tubers group on here which gave me so much hope after my ectopic xxx

amber grace is a very cute pumpkin i had callum dressed as one too but my phone refuses to let me upload the photo.

Bean hope you are not too uncomfortable and are managing to get some rest with all the kids in the bed. I am sure you can squeeze the new baby in!

Samb so glad your scan went well what a relief for you. X

Kizzy i am very jealous of your curry and sleep night but its a shame about the snoring x

I have probably forgotten lots of people but love to everyone i hope you all get a good nights sleep xxx

as for us callum is growing fast now 7lb 10.5oz which makes me proud but all his feeding is making me very sore think i may need to see the doctor if the boob pain does not subside soon. Promise to try to post more and try to write my birth story soon!

Love to everyone xxx

i think i have suceeded at last! Here is callum the pumpkin xxx

Attachments

• 30102011252.jpg
    30102011252.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members