Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

What are TENs? I've never heard of them?

A TENS machine is a little box (size of a cigarette packet) with 2-4 leads coming from it, that has little sticky pads attached, u stick these to areas of pain. The box gives off electric pulses that intercept the way your brain receives the pain therefore making it more bearable
le, usually the box has different settings of strength and patterns to the pulses. I work in surgery and in a pain clinic giving advice to patients who live with chronic pain, and we always provide a trial with a TENs machine before any invasive procedure of strong medication, and I'd say 6/10 people don't need the strong painkillers when using a TENs! U can get hold of them on ebay cheaply, I bought mine from a car boot and just bought new sticky pads from ebay!

X

Is anyone else planning on using a TENs!? I can't believe how little people use them, I couldn't have done without a epidural without one!! My MW looked shocked when she saw mine as she says she rarely sees them!! I still have mine, but need new pads that can be bought off ebay, if anyone in UK would like it there welcome to it!

X

i dont want to have a epidural under any circumstance and i am looking for alteria pain relief as i am open to anything other than an epidural i know im not a bionic woman and will be in pain and i dont really deal with pain well :blush:

is there just one type of tens machine? as i havent really looked into them but i would be willing to try it.

Congratulations new femmes fetales mommas!

Milosmum - Welcome Callum Hunter David!

M@madhouse - Welcome Skye!

Shell - Welcome Freya Bo!

Amber - Welcome Mary Grace!

Lisa7 - Welcome Amelia Catherine!

Nichole - Welcome Dimitri!

I'm typing with one hand so this will just be a short message as Indigo is feeding now. I've missed you all and so happy to hear about all these lovely new babies. For me adjustment to new motherhood has been hard and there have been lots of tears...I'm finally feeling better and have gotten a little more sleep and felt up to posting. I will post more later but will leave you with a photo of Indy at 3 days old for the moment.

DSC_0089.jpg

Sam- Yes there's 100's of diffrent makes and models, boots do them, ebay, amazon etc... Lloyds pharmacys do them too!! They range from £10 to £50 but price is irrelevant a £10 one works just as well so don't be fooled into buying a more expensive one, I work with these machines and they all do the same job!!

And as for epidural pain, no one gives u a medal for not having a epidural, altho I had difficulty pushing zack out and that's why I had a assisted delivery because I couldn't feel to push!

But seroiusly Sam, u have to be open minded about it and don't beat urself up if u end up having one, it isn't the end of the world and if ur babys safe that's all that matters!!
I've tried finding u on fb but can't!! I'm Vicky thompson, and libby is my profile pic x

Ok Just read about 2 weeks worth of posts and tried to keep track of everyone but I am afraid the lack of sleep is making my short term memory less efficient.
Amber: Mary Grace is so beautiful, congrats!
Shellney: Freya is so gorgeous too! congrats!
Nichole: congrats!, Hope you and Dimitri are both well.
Vix: Thanks for asking about DH. He is feeling better. He is done his 10 days of antibiotics and is such a great dad.
Grand: Congrats, Indigo is so gorgeous, hope the baby blues ease up. We are all here for you.
Millos: congrats. Callum is just so precious.
Anna: i am so happy for you. Hope the MS eases soon.
Nephie: Happy third trimester
Mumatmadhouse: congrats. I love the name Skye.
I know I've missed some of you, but am thinking of you and wishing everyone well.

AFM: Amelia slept for 4 hours X2 last night. I had to wake her for feeds and then she went right back to sleep. woohoo! Got some rest!

Congrats to you all.. so happy to have these wonderful babies around..

Grand-nice to hear from you hun.. hope the baby blues ease up a bit.. they can be tough in the first few days.. but your little boy is just so handsome.. :)

Sam- Yes there's 100's of diffrent makes and models, boots do them, ebay, amazon etc... Lloyds pharmacys do them too!! They range from £10 to £50 but price is irrelevant a £10 one works just as well so don't be fooled into buying a more expensive one, I work with these machines and they all do the same job!!

And as for epidural pain, no one gives u a medal for not having a epidural, altho I had difficulty pushing zack out and that's why I had a assisted delivery because I couldn't feel to push!

But seroiusly Sam, u have to be open minded about it and don't beat urself up if u end up having one, it isn't the end of the world and if ur babys safe that's all that matters!!
I've tried finding u on fb but can't!! I'm Vicky thompson, and libby is my profile pic x

I understand what your saying I'm not not having one to be noble I'm refusing as I am petrified of the size of needle and the thought of it going into my spine makes me so queezy its unbelievable :haha: My birthplan is basically I'm at hospital look at alternative methods of pain relief whether it be tens, gas & air or anything else going I am open to anything but the epidural needle scares the crap outta me if i end up having one its not the end of the world I'm very much open to anything but would really prefer not to have one :dohh:

I absolutely hate needles and I'm crapping myself about having my flu jab next week :nope: :blush:

I think i will get a tens machine and try it what harm can it do? i have a feeling im gonna end up having a c-section thou I just have a sinking feeling about it!

i couldnt find you either so here is my link :) https://www.facebook.com/samantha.boulanger

Ohhhh Sam I didn't realise it was because u had a fear of needles!! Yes the needle isn't small but they make sure u don't see it but if u have a fear of em I suppose it doesn't matter if u see it or not!!
There's loads u can try before that tho, I was offered codeine, paracetamol, pethedine and gas n air... A combination of all of em n you'll be high as a kite n chilled out lol
X

Grand- Glad you've popped it, was getting worried!! Indigo looks a picture of health and is such a cutie!!
Hope your feeling a little better, sorry to hear ur finding new motherhood hard, I suppose its a whole new beginning and its very scary at times!! Hugs for u x

Lisa- Amelias 4hrs sleeps are brill at her age!! Long may it continue! X

Ohhhh Sam I didn't realise it was because u had a fear of needles!! Yes the needle isn't small but they make sure u don't see it but if u have a fear of em I suppose it doesn't matter if u see it or not!!
There's loads u can try before that tho, I was offered codeine, paracetamol, pethedine and gas n air... A combination of all of em n you'll be high as a kite n chilled out lol
X

lol yea i absolutely crap myself and get myself soooo worked up more than i need to before i have one but i guess a injection is nothing compared to childbirth lmao!! :haha: im trying to keep an open mind about it all.

I love the way they offer you paracetamol for labor that has always made me laugh when paracetamol doesnt touch some of my stronger headaches or period pains :rofl:

Grand, he is GORGEOUS! that looks like a proper smile, and cute dimples!! I hear you on the adjustment, its massive isnt it and I have had more than my fair share of tears believe me, and I am sure there's more to come!! tiredness is a killer, I had a terrible day yesterday, G was screaming, I was crying, awful. But a decent nights sleep last night helped so much and I feel like a different person today :) take it one day at a time and remember there's always tomorrow xx

Lisa, great news about the sleeps, how brilliant!!

Everyone else HIII!! xxx

Hey Grand! :hi:

Great to hear from you! Indigo is a stunner (and he looks Scottish, IYSWIM?!)
Sorry to hear you are struggling. Im having a tricky time too. Im here if you need to talk. Take care :hugs:
xx

Ahhhh paracetamol on its own is pretty crap, but in surgery we use it as a under coat for paint if ya get me lol can't explain it but when used along side other pain killers it becomes much stronger! For example paracetamol used with codeine works well! But yh on its own it doesn't even touch my headaches!!
X

Hey ladies :hi:
i promised i would catch up with you all...

Amber - Welcome home! hope you and Grace manage to establish breastfeeding soon. Hope you are not overdoing it, make sure you get plenty of rest...Grace sounds just like my Freya - wont sleep unless she is in mummy's arms!

Vix - glad to hear Libby is sleeping much better now. i hear you on the grobags! arent they great? hope her feeding improves soon...

Lil - well done on the nursery. looking foward to seeing photos! and happy 22 weeks!

Imp - sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed by the work on your house. congrats on getting your hospital bags packed tho!

Bean - sorry to hear you are feeling sick. get well soon! and happy 36 weeks!

neffie - great news for your SIL! good luck for your glucose test, and hope you have fun at your childbirth class. ooh, im excited to see pics of your nursery when its finished!

Lisa - thankyou for sharing your birth story with us. Glad to hear Amelia is doing well, and sleeping brilliantly too!

Kizzy - sorry to hear you have had a few strugglees with Georgina. i know how you feel...hope things start looking up for you soon.

Sam - hope you decide on a suitable form of pain relief soon....

AFM: sorry i havent managed to write my birth story yet. i promise i will get round to it soon. Typing is taking forever, using just one hand whilst breastfeeding, and then having to stop regularly to help Freya re-attach when she slides off the breast.
Im very sleep-deprived, and feel like im constantly breastfeeding. but i love my beautiful little girl so much!!

Hope everyone is well. Ladies/bumps/babies :hugs:
xx

Not much time tonight, will catch up tomorrow, just wanted to tell Grand that little Indigo is gorgeous!! So good to hear from you hun!!

Anyone resorted to pushing a pram backwards and forwards on the middle of the night just to get the baby to sleep as I am doing now at 2.45am!! She has been awake since 12.50, sleeping is overrated right?...

Yes Kizzy, sleep is well over rated!! She obviously loves her mummy far too much to sleep!! Hope she makes up for it during day so u can get some sleep!!
Is she having a dummy? I used to stroke jessicas eyebrows and down the nose.... The blink so much they end up closing there eyes lol x

I know what you mean about one-handed typing Shell - and major sleep deprivation Kizzy! It's nice to know I'm not alone...with no close friends and family in the area I think that made the adjustment even harder and with my stitches I couldn't get out of the house for 12 days (OW!!! that was the most painful part of recovery)

PS.

Anna - I love the name Blobby McGee! Very cute!

Beth - Congrats on Team Pink! :pink:

SamB - I didn't want the Epi either but actually I didn't feel a thing and you never see the needle...at the point I got it I didn't really care about fear. My friend who didn't want the Epi took Pethidine and thought that was great if you want another alternative.

Hi all

Grand what a gorgeous little boy you have.

Hi to everybody -

I hope that you mummies are ok, despite the sleep deprivation..... Oh those first few days, weeks - adjusting to it all.
My 3 year old has been a little b*****r today. Think he is starting to realise that things are getting close, what with the box of newborn nappies etc.....

Hi everyone, So Amelia decided that I should be sleep deprived too. We had a terrible night last night. We were up from 2:00-6:00. Every time she would fall asleep in my arms and I would try to put her down in her crib she would wake up. I've been teary all day because of the lack of sleep. Hope tonight is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->