Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Aww imp she is just so cute.. .love that head of hair..

AFM-today is going to be a day of baking..

Just stopping by to wish everyone a wonderful christmas!
Still pregnant!! Which is the best Christmas wish I could have ever asked for.
Much love to you all xxx

Morning all, merry Christmas!! Tinks is loving her jumperoo already!! Love to all xx

https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt8044401fltt.gif
https://www.familylobby.com/common/tt8044402fltt.gif​

Much Happiness and Many Blessings to all the Femmes Fetales! To all those with babies, babies on the way and those still waiting for their babies to come!

:xmas6:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES, BABES AND BABES TO BE!!!

Lots of love and happy wishes from Grace, myself and my DH!!!

merry christmas everyone hope you all had a wonderful day xxx

Hi All

Hope everybody had a lovely christmas day and is having a lovely boxing day.

Got Nate the Seahorse - He loves it. XX

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!!

Imp - Alia is beautiful, and has so much hair!

Sparkle - congrats on making it past the 34 weeks mark!

xx

Hope you all had a great Christmas.. :)

So happy to hear sparkle.. :)

AFM-Im exhausted.. this weekend was so busy with so much crammed in it.. 31 weeks tomorrow and i cant wait to meet this baby..

Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a great Xmas and Boxing day and looking forward to the New Year!!

Imp--Little Alia grows more beautiful each day!! I so love her hair, and I absolutely adore your new avatar picture!!!

Sparkle--:hugs: so happy for you hun!! Yay for Apple Alice staying put!!

Bean--so glad Nate loves the seahorse!!! :thumbup:

lil-happy 31 weeks!!

Neffie--Happy 36 weeks, not much longer hun and Coco will be here!

:xmas16:

We are headed down to Baltimore on Friday to spend New Years with our best friends and their 2 year old little boy (it seems like just yesterday he was a little baby!). They have not met Grace yet, so we are all excited and praying for good traveling weather!

Lil - Happy 31 weeks.

Amber - Hope you have a great time at your friends. Love the photo of Grace.

Sparkle - Brilliant that you have got to over 34 weeks.

imp - lovely photos.

Hi to everybody else. Another busy weeken ahead no doubt. Have really struglgled to get on these days. Have been to docs tonight as been having horrible breast pain. Have antibiotics for an infection. Great timing with new years eve- Oh Well.

Also Nate was up screaming and sceaming the other night. I noticed a really big bulge in his groin. I could feel the retracted testicle and then this really hard oblong lump above that. I think maybe it is a hernia. It had gone in the morning. I took him back to the docs and they said if happens again to take him back. Dont suppose they can say a lot if they can't actually see it themselves.

Anyway I Hope that everybody is ok and has a lovely xmas and looking forward to the new year. XXX

Hiya Ladies :waves: sorry i've been MIA but i know you all understand with having a new baby & xmas first of all i just wanna say MERRY CHRISTMAS i hope you all had an amazing day :)

So here is my birthstory (what i can remember of it)

Friday evening (2.12.11) me and my OH did our usual friday night take away and we had a curry before my meal i had a major bouncing session on my ball which left me knackered lol :haha: so we sat down to have the meal which left me VERY full i was that full i was sick :( so after my toilet session we sat down to watch Peter Kay and i was laughing soooo hard that i had some serious braxton hicks (which i believe sent me into labor god bless Peter Kay) we went to bed at 12:30am (3.12.11) and then at 1:10am i woke up when i felt a pop and i thought i had peed myself then a massive gush of water soak me and the bed i never knew a pregnant woman could get out of bed so quickly :haha: i ran to the toilet which is an en suit so i could still see OH sleeping away and i shouted him and told him but it took a min for it to sink in what i had said (men eh :dohh:) i asked him to pass my green notes so i could get the triage number off the front and i explained to the midwife that i had strep b so she told me to go to the hospital asap as i had to be monitored and put on intravenous antibiotics but i had a sneaky shower first which the midwife laughed about when i got there and told her.

So when i got to triage i was made to sit on a really hard examination table for over 2 hours strapped to a monitor and because baby was moving i kept losing the HB so when she came to check it looked dodgy but my LO was always a wriggler when it came to dopplers and monitors so i wasnt worried but the midwife said she wanted 20mins of a solid HB which took 2 hours to get :dohh: in this time my contractions were getting stronger and i was getting more and more uncomfortable on the table so the doctor came in and put a tablet in my cervix to soften it and start my labor off which i was then told i had to sit there for another hour and not move else the tablet would fall out this made me rather angry because i was in more pain sat on the table than i was with my contractions.

So at around 5/6am they moved me to the ward so by this time it had been 4/5 hours since my waters broke and the contractions were getting stronger and stronger so me and OH went for a walk and went and got some fresh air and i must say the fresh cold morning air set my contractions off stronger so we soon went back to the ward. Once i got back in bed they became bareable for an hour or so but when they because too much i called the midwife for some advise (shift change by this point the lovely midwife had gone home) and she was rather rude i told her i was in alot of pain and she just replied "well what do you want? paracetamol? gas & air? which i dont recommend until your on labor and delivery anyway. Have a warm bath i'll go run you one" and she disappeared. I had the bath which didnt help in the slightest so i got out and went back to bed.

At 10am i got moved to labor & delivery and my mom was allowed to join me and my OH. When i got there they set up my drip of antibiotics and then told me that i would be having hormones in another drip to get the labor going as we need to get baby out but its not an emergency then she told me the hormones could make the labor very painful (great) so at first gas & air was working fine and we were all just having a laugh while we waited for the contractions :coffee: then she doubled my hormone intake to 2ml which i then felt the contractions get stronger which i could again manage with gas & air and i was still in good spirits she then upped the intake to 4ml (bare in mind i would eventually be at 20ml) which i wasnt handling well with gas & air so they gave me some pethadine which knocked me out :haha: i was falling asleep between contractions i handled the contractions with just gas & air & pathadine until i was at 16ml by this point the pethadine had worn off and the contractions were knee buckling so i had the dreaded epidural worst thing but best thing ive ever experienced having that my abdomen was completely numb but my legs were heavy and i could still stand by this time i think i had been in labor for about 17 hours and i was exhausted and completely out of it with all the drugs and i started falling asleep between contractions again and whenever i fell asleep the babies HB dropped very low and i only remember that because my OH kept waking me up and i kept shouting at him for waking me up so because baby was showing signs of distress and her HB kept dropping and disappearing they put a clip on her head and took blood from her twice to check her blood oxygen levels which both times came back normal (thank god).

They then put my hormones up to 20ml and i could feel them thru the epi and i remember sucking on my gas & air and saying this stuff is shit and flinging the tube on the bed :haha: i dont know why but my OH told me after the labor that they then put the hormones to 16ml and kept them at that for the rest of the labor. At 6pm i was only 6cm dilated and i dont remember much after that because i was completely out of it.

At 10pm they went to try and take blood from the baby and again and they told me i was 10cms and it was time to push so they told me when to push and i did like ive never pushed before and the doctor (the same doctor who had given me the tablet in the cervix soooo many hours ago was back for her next shift) told me if i didnt push harder and get the baby out in an hour then i would be having a c-section which i didnt want not after everything i had been thru it would of seemed like a waste of pain to just be cut open in the end anyway so i pushed even harder and they said we need to go down to theatre which i couldnt understand as i was trying so hard but i guess i couldnt of been enough so they whisked us off with OH in tow my mom waited in L&D. In theatre they told me they were preparing me for a c-section so they topped my epidural up with a stronger dose and i could then feel nothing at all not even in my legs (they were holding out on me) and the doctor told me this was my last chance to get her out before a section and within half hour of being in theatre i got her out i did have to have a forceps delivery and i had a nice big cut down there but it wasnt a section which i was thankful for.

They eventually brought our little girl over to my OH and he held her and after he held her i got to hold her and she was perfect and so so beautiful (still is) she weighed 6lb 3oz and was 37+4 gestation.

We stayed in hospital for 2 nights as i lost a litre of blood and was anemic and on antibiotics oh yes and an injection in my stomach :dohh:

The day after we got her home the midwife weighed her and she weighed 5lb 11oz she had lost 7% of her body weight. I felt upset about that as we couldnt breastfeed as she wouldnt latch on and i wasnt producing much milk and i'm still not to this day after alot of expressing. Then 5 days later she weighed 6lb 2oz nearly back at her birth weight and then 3 days after that weighing she weighed 6lb 13oz :happydance:

So Jessica was born 03/12/2011 @ 11:37pm weighing 6lb 3oz after 22 hours of labor :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

so theres my birth story sorry its so long and took me nearly 4wks to write it but i finally did it :D

Hey Sam we have the same Birth date. Also my birthday. XX

i just noticed that :D its close to my birthday to my birthday is 30th December (tomorrow)

Also ladies here are some pictures of little Jessica from birth to now (those of you that are on my FB will be sick of pictures lmao)

384704_253333548064015_100001621141249_758572_1052469842_n.jpg

380409_253333634730673_100001621141249_758574_1480937220_n.jpg

383050_253331734730863_100001621141249_758559_13810224_n.jpg

383706_254302531300450_100001621141249_761523_399394180_n.jpg

381731_257842307613139_100001621141249_770526_1482740943_n.jpg

393409_257842940946409_100001621141249_770537_556835167_n.jpg

388374_257842820946421_100001621141249_770535_1661759673_n.jpg

387531_418717509974_513269974_1565802_1162173729_n.jpg

A quick update ladies. Made it to boxing day but then was admitted to the labour ward on boxing day evening at about 11pm with contractions and Premature labour. They gave me a 48 hour drip to stop it while I had 4 doses of steroids... The drip was taken out this morning at 2 and so far contractions are tiny and niggly. Booked on a plane this afternoon so fingers crossed!

oh sparkle - i hope that you are okay.

sam - wow what a story. what gorgeous photos. xxx

SamB--thank you for sharing your birth story with us! I am glad you were able to avoid the C-Section--talk about taking it down to the wire! Little Jessica is absolutely gorgeous, she has the most beautiful eyes and perfect little mouth!!

Bean--I really hope they are able to sort out little Nate's testicle issue. Did they give you any idea as to what it could have been? Thinking of you and your little man. :hugs:

Sparkle--omgosh hun, Apple Alice PLEASE stay in longer for mummy!! Sending many, many prayers your way hun. I hope you get home safe and sound and with Apple Alice still safely inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->