Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Libby is gorgeous! :D :D

I've got my first Dr appointment next Tuesday at 3pm, I'm hoping to still be pregnant by then...still surreal after so long trying!

How are you all doing?

Amber I'll have to go look for those sippy cups. I thought they started at 6months. I could try them as Alia is 4 months now! Thanks

Vix I also have a bit of an obsession with the cloth nappies!! Love how cute they look. What kind are you using? I like the bum genius one size.

I'm using various types to trail. Bambino mio (to much messing) eBay pockets (not suitable for more than 2hours, bum genious I like but my fav is tot bots as they gave a bamboo core and easily last 3.5hours! X

Vix - What beautiful photos of Libby

Milo - Sounds like a rough journey. Glad you got there safely.

Grey Girl - will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Amber- Hi honey you guys ok..

Hi to everyone else aswell.

Here are some photos of Nate

Attachments

• nate 1 009.jpg
    nate 1 009.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
  • nate 1 012.jpg
    nate 1 012.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
Vix--Libby is just too adorable in her little nappies, I just love them!! And awesome news on the forward facing car seat! :thumbup: Grace is not far off from that herself, I can't wait, because it means I get to retire the old stroller/pram and get her permanently into her ugraded digs! And she is growing so fast, goodness, finger foods and sitting up, and babbling, so great!! :flower:

Milos--very happy you got to your dad's safe and sound and good job Callum for being such a good boy with his sleeping and eating on the way there and once you arrived!! :thumbup:

Grey--will be thinking of you at your appointment next week, sending you sticky dust!! :dust:

Bean--nate is so gorgeous, I just love his smile!! :flower: Happy 4 months to your little guy btw!! he is growing so fast!! Sorry things are still not going well with your parents, I really hope things improve, it is so hard when one parent is lost and confused and the other is acting so different from the person you have known all your life, hugs hun and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Oh--update on us. Grace had a rough day at daycare again, but it was not fussiness, she was just sleeping a ton and not eating hardly at all. She slept almost the entire morning away and they had to wake her, then she was refusing the bottle but eating the fruit/rice they gave her. I am pretty certain she is teething. So I have her on little teething strips (that dissolve in her mouth) to try and help her so the sucking is not so painful. Today the teacher says she is doing well, she went for a buggy ride with her class and was "all up in her one classmate's business" as the teacher said, so I think the strips are helping.

One more day and then it is Friday with my girl, I can't wait!

Thankyou ladies for your unwavering support. You trully are wonderful friends :friends:
xx

Hi ladies, just checking in. I tend to read as I go along, not get time to post and then forget everything.

Shell- I hope you're doing ok. The first year with children is really tough on a relationship. I know it was on mine. Thinking of you x

Vix- thinking of you too. I hope things start to get better soon x

Grand- hope you're ok, you've been in my prayers x

Neffie- that's so difficult with the bottles. I hope she'll do it at daycare when she's hungry enough (but not screaming) I have no advice as I didn't have that issue. Good luck with settling in and going back.

Bean- Nate is gorgeous!!

Grey- so so happy you're here!! Good luck on Tuesday. Will you be asking/ getting an early scan?

Sarah- how are you feeling?

As for us- it's the holidays so hubby has been home with us this week which has been fab! We're off to the outlaws later for the long weekend (not so fab). E is still feeding brilliantly. She had her first expressed bottle on Sunday which she gulped down. She took 3oz, it was the 7pm feed and she then slept until 1am (as she quite often does) so it must have been ok! I'm trying to get back into running- I'm walking the moonwalk in may, it's a marathon through London at night. I think I may have been a little bonkers when I signed up!!!
Cs eczema infection cleared up with the antibiotics thank goodness. He's such a good boy!
Anyway, happy Easter ladies xxx

Amber- I'm sorry didn't mean to forget you. I hope it is/ was the dreaded teeth. Enjoy your mummy day! X

Vix I'll have to have a look at the tot bots. Never heard of them...? But as for the bum genius AIO I can leave Alia in them all night. Shell sometimes sleep from 8pm - 8am and has never had a leak in them. The others shell explode all over in. Lol. Also I am looking into GroVia AIO as they are a slimmer fit apparently and not all pants fit over my bum genus as they are so bulky. Though you do have to change the GroVia every 3 hours I hear...?

Amber - have a lovely girly day tomorrow.

Shell - Hope things are better

Sparkle - E sounds like a clever girl. Hope it goes ok with outlaws.

Imp - Hi

Hi to everyone else....

Heres some more photos of Nate in his new Leapfrog activity station that came today.

Attachments

• cool dude 020.jpg
    cool dude 020.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
  • cool dude 022.jpg
    cool dude 022.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
Vix I ordered a few tot bots and omg the prints are just too cute. Can't wait to get them to give them a try :)

Hi Ladies! :hi:

So Freya's behaviour has improved dramatically over the last few days! Im ecstatic! My lovely little girl has returned after 2 weeks of naughtiness! And I think I know the cause of this sudden change in behaviour - she finally cut her first tooth!!!

So Im hoping to be back online more regularly now. Im gonna go back and read through all of your posts again to catch up. Hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend.

xx

Yeah freya!! :) I hope this will bring your momma some relief from the cranky bebe ;)

Vix I'll have to have a look at the tot bots. Never heard of them...? But as for the bum genius AIO I can leave Alia in them all night. Shell sometimes sleep from 8pm - 8am and has never had a leak in them. The others shell explode all over in. Lol. Also I am looking into GroVia AIO as they are a slimmer fit apparently and not all pants fit over my bum genus as they are so bulky. Though you do have to change the GroVia every 3 hours I hear...?

Never heard of the Grovia either! I will google them later! I use disposables during night as ages a heavy wetter on a night and she usually leaks even with disposal on so doubt a AIO would work! Are you soaking yours? Apparently you no longer need to but I'm struggling woth the idea of leaving poohy nappys in a bag so I'm using nappisan to sanatise them! Libbys had a bad cold for 2weejs now and doctors were unsure if it was a chest infection so gave anti biotics as a precaution so we have had a lot of diarrhea this week so been avo
iding the AIO at moment lol

shell- glad Freya is doing better! Happy first tooth!

Amber- those pics on fb of grace and the Easter bunny are fab!

Sorry for the people I've missed as on my phone x

shellney I am glad freya is happier now she has her tooth! Are you still breastfeeding? Hows that going with teeth? Its something i am slightly dreading!!!

All this talk off reusable nappies makes me think i should try them now the weather is better and i can dry them outside (no tumbledrier here!)

hope everyone is having a lovely easter and enjoys lots of eggs tomorrow xxx

Vix. If I am at home I usually rinse them off in cold water as soon as I change Alia then put them in a dry diaper pail till laundry day. So no. No soaking. Ive never soaked mine. (Bum Genus has a wand that attaches to the toilet so i use that and rinse them into the toilet and flush. It will be purfect when her poops are a little more...) If I'm out I just sperad the wipe out inside then fold them and put them in a wet bag. I rinse when I get home. That being said I'm told bf bebe's you don't need to rinse before washing. And i have a girlfriend who doesn't and it's fine but I do anyway. I'm thinking since I use the wipe inside to stop mess from spreading anyway I may try the washable wipes soon too. I don't have enough diapers yet to use cloth full time yet so I use disposable every third day or so. But I do try to keep her in the cloth BG AIO over night cuz I don't like cleaning up explosions from the disposables. Lol. I still have a bit of a hind milk fore milk imbalance sometimes so she does get runny watery poop sometimes and the BG keeps it all in. That being said I've stared the fenugreek again and it's helping... Anyway the BG I have have the option to put in a seccond absorbancy liner for heavy wetters and I like that I have that option for later. Fyi Apparently for girls the thicker part of the liner should go to the back, and boys to the front.

I can't wait to get my new tot bots!! They have some good reviews and are sooo cute. The GroVias are a daytime diaper apparently. They are a slimer fit which i need so some of her pants fit. Lol the BG is kinda bulky. My friend uses them and says make sure you do the proper pre washing to get the absorbancy up. Then during the day they are good. The 10 hour nights Alia does they will leak.

Milo. I don't put mine in the dryer anyways just hang to dry on a drying rack. In fact the diapers I use arnt supose to go in the dryer at all anyway. The liners can but I don't bother most of the time.

Hey ladies! :hi:

Got to love you girls, as the past few days I have been thinking about re-usable nappies for when the L/O is born and pop on here and here is all the advice I could ask for ;) It's great to read about your recommendations as have found it all a bit daunting so far!

Hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend and enjoying the family time.

Shell- so glad to hear Freya is back to her normal self- what relief

Loving all the pics of the gorgeous babies in here- making me so excited to meet my own!!

Grey- how are you doing??

AFM- I'm feeling really good, no symptoms to report and just counting down the weeks till the 5 month scan- eek!!

Xx

Sarah one word of advice if you decide to try the cloth diapering just get a few at first to try out it is a big upfront cost if you get a lot and decide its not for you. They say you need about 20 to start if you want to do it full time. I started with 3 to make sure I was going to do it. Then have built up since then. Alia is just over 4 months and as soon as I get my new ones i will have 17. I still need more but this should enable me to use them more full time. It's is something you have to get use to. Disposables are definitely easy. But once you find what works for you cloth is easy too and they look so cute on :) Also you defiantly need a wet bag to use to transport the dirty diapers home when you are out. And a diaper pail to put them in when home. I just use a plastic garbage pail with a flip type lid so I just drop them on top and in the dirty diapers go. But the lid keeps any smell inside. Check out the Bum Genius 4.0 (Those are the ones that are an all in one but have the option to add extra absorbancy layers. The shell can't go in the dryer but the stuffing can. So they dry fast as they are separate and the liner is the part that takes the longest to dry goes into he dryer) And the Bum Genus FreeTime (New, These are great as you don't have to stuff them so really easy. But do take longer to dry as nothing ca go into the dryer) The GroVia I haven't used yet but they are slimmer as you read above, and the Tot bots have great reviews also. Ill let you know what I think of both these when I get to use them. Those are my recommendations to start if you do decide to try. Again if you do decide to use them I think having a few different kinds is the way to go. One more thing I wish someone had told me... Snaps vs Velcro, velcro is easier, epically when they are little, but does start to wear. So the snaps have a longer life span for the diaper. Had I of known this I think I would have gotten more snaps. As is I have more valcro. That being said I would still have some valcro for the convenience. The Bum Genius had both options for all of their diapers which is also nice. I will be purchasing more snaps in the future as I want these diapers to go through more then one child. I think Hope this helps some. If you have any questions fell free to ask!

Hi to everyone else!!! Sorry for not addressing everyone individually I have to go have a shower while lo is sleeping then off to Easter Dinner at my aunts :) Happy Easter Everyone!!!

Wow, sounds like you've all got busy times going on with your little ones!

Glad you're doing well Sarah, not long til 5 month scan now!

I can't believe I'm still here a week later, I did 1 last pregnancy test today and the lines were equally dark! Feels like a positive. I'm stopping temping too, just trying to relax and enjoy :D I told my Mum and other sister today, not telling anyone else til early scan though.

Hope you're all having a lovely Easter :)

Happy 5 weeks grey :) So happy for you.. just try to relax as much as you can.. and good for you telling your mom and sister.. its nice to have others there for support..

Sarah your so close to that scan :)

Anna hope your well..

Shell happy to hear cranky baby freya is no longer.. :) yay for a tooth... exciting times ahead.. :)

Hope everyone is well.. and had a great easter.. :) Ours was nice.. Bryce is changing so much, 2 months on the 15th already.. so in 6 days.. he's making noises now and smiling lots more.. its nice.. Big sister is helping with everything.. and has been potty trained in the process.. :) all together life is nice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->