Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Happy Monday Ladies!!

Sparkle--I hope you enjoyed your vacation and the visit with the outlaws!! I am glad to hear that C's eczema cleared up and that he is doing better, that is great news! And wow, what a good job E is doing with her eating and sleeping! I am jealous! haha Good luck with the running/walking. The Moonwalk sounds so fabulous, I wish I could walk through London at night, that has to be a really neat experience!

Imp--You will have to share some pics of little Alia in her nappies, I so love looking at Vix's pictures on FB, they are so cute!! I wish I had the time to do non-disposables, as I so love them!!

Bean--aww, it looks like Nate was really enjoying his Leapfrog station, I love those pictures of him! He is such a cutie pie! What a precious smile!

shell--awww, congrats on Freya's first tooth, that is wonderful, and what is even more wonderful is that she is feeling so much better! Teething is so hard on our little ones, so a big hug to you and her :hugs: for getting through it!

Vix--thanks for the kind words about Grace's pics with the Easter Bunny! I hope Libby is feeling better, poor dear!

milo--hope you had a happy easter! I am wondering the same thing about teeth and breastfeeding! Grace is not at the boob as much anymore with me back at work and expressing, but we still try to fit in 2 feeds per day and I am worried about biting! haha!

sarah--WOW 5 months coming up already, that is so wonderful!! Glad to hear you and babe are doing well! Time is going so fast!

Grey--totally understand keeping the pregnancy quiet for now...a lot of us did the same thing. We didnt tell most people until we were 12 weeks with Grace, we were afraid of jinxing ourselves. Tell everyone in your own time, there is no right or wrong! :hugs: You are also doing the right thing in stopping temping and taking the prego tests, otherwise you will drive yourself nuts!! Thinking of you this week with your MD appt, so excited for you hun!

AFM: Had such a fabulous mommy-daughter day with Grace on Friday, we went out shopping and to see the easter bunny--which Grace was a bit suspicious of, but we still got some cute pictures. She has figured out when she is getting her picture taken these days, so it is hard to get her to smile, lol (she HATES the flash!). We had our living room furniture delivered on Saturday, and it BARELY fit in our living room, haha, so now I am in the process of rearranging furniture to get it looking the way I want while still fitting in all Grace's toys, her exersaucer and jumper! Yesterday we went up to see my family for easter and had a great day. Grandma got Grace a little stuffed Mickey Mouse which she just LOVES, plus some little shorts outfits for the summer (with little fish and crabs on the but! too cute!). All in all it was a great weekend, I hate being back at work today!!

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all doing well!

Here are pics of Grace and the Easter Bunny from our day out on Friday!

Attachments

• Easterbunny1.jpg
    Easterbunny1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Easterbunny2.jpg
    Easterbunny2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Easterbunny3.jpg
    Easterbunny3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies,

Grey, good luck at your appt tomorrow hope all goes well!

Sarah, it's lovely when you get to 20 weeks, that's when I felt like I really had a proper baby in there :) are you feeling flutters now?

Shell glad Freya is better now, I think they go through these phases just to test us xx

Amber, what a lovely day you and Grace had, so glad you got to spend some special time together x

Lil, everything sounds rosy in your world Hun, lovely!!

Hi everyone else xxx

As for us, we've had a lovely long weekend with OH home, he doesn't want to go back to work tomorrow and we don't want him to either :( Georgie is doing fab with her weaning, she had slow c

Gah bloody phone!!

She had slow cooked beef tonight her first proper attempt at meat and loved it! She's also developed a taste for avocado this weekend plus tried fish, bread sticks and her first bit of chocolate for Easter! Tooth number 4 is coming thru as we speak, reckon it will be fully out by weds!! She's also finally growing sOme hair! Haha xx

Fabulous pictures of Grace, looks like you had a brilliant time!

Just had my appointment with the Dr. She told me to come off Metformin straight away - today! I'm worried cos I don't want my weight to go back up and I have also heard that it can help prevent miscarriage when taken up to 12 weeks...but I can't take it any more cos I won't get the prescription.

Also, I feel like I'm having to fight to get the early scan I need. They're telling me I might not get a scan til 10 weeks - I almost died at 7weeks last time from the ectopic! The midwife also doesn't normally see you until 10weeks, I had to recount my story to the receptionist and thankfully, the receptionist has kindly just called me back.

She said she's contacted the midwife and she's going to call me next Tuesday. She's said I won't get a scan 'any earlier' unless I'm in 'extreme pain and bleeding'. So again I won't get help until I'm in agony. I can't believe they won't even give me an early scan! They promised! Just been abandoned. I don't know if we can afford private as we're in the middle of buying the house and my car just failed it's mot...Looks like I'll have to wait or get pain before a scan.

grey i went to my docs about an early scan as i had a blighted ovum that wasnt discovered until i was 13 weeks. they were rubbish and basically said no. they couldnt understand that i didnt want to spend weeks waiting to see if the thing would happen. anyway so i phoned our local early pregnancy unit myself, explained what had had happened previously ....they booked me in for a scan at 6 and half weeks. on my notes they put that i had phoned in with abdominal pains. can you phone your local unit and speak directly to someone yourself....

amber - beautiful photos.....look like a fab day. xx

Grey - I agree with bean ring your local EPU and see if they will book you in direct, my one did. Or if you are feeling naughty you could complain of pain and get booked in via your GP or midwife, a bit naughty but it is disgraceful that they are not offering you a 6 week scan with your history. After my ectopic the hospital sent my GP a letter telling them i had to have a 6 week scan with any future pregnancy, they also sent me a copy of the letter - do you have anything similar?
Alternatively you could ask to see another gp for a 2nd opinion and request the 6 week scan again.

Amber - i love grace's pictures, soooo cute!

Kizzy - sounds like weaning is going well with G. Callum had chicken for the first time today and seemed to enjoy it, actually he eats anything i offer him! He must get his appetite from me!

Xxx

Grey that is just terrible they wont give you an early scan.. I had one at 6+5 and another at 9.. then not till 20 that was a long wait.. im sure i will have the same this next time.. Hope you can somehow get one as it does wonders for us pal ladies..

What's the EPU do and how do I find mine? I've never heard of it before!

It's the early pregnancy unit, normally based in your local hospital, I agree with the other girls, call them and tell them you are desperate to be seen, just say you can't sleep etc and feel constantly worried and scared. Or alternatively just say you have pains and they will see you. My epu was amazing with me, they totally understand where you're coming from xx

It's the early pregnancy unit, normally based in your local hospital, I agree with the other girls, call them and tell them you are desperate to be seen, just say you can't sleep etc and feel constantly worried and scared. Or alternatively just say you have pains and they will see you. My epu was amazing with me, they totally understand where you're coming from xx

Thanks :D I didn't realise there was one, why wouldn't the Dr or midwife have mentioned it?! I'll call them when they open at 1.30...hopefully they'll listen to me! Thanks for your help :)

I'm not sure, when I was pregnant 1st time my doc was worried I was having ectopic as all my pains were on one side so they referred me then and I had early scans etc, I defo think it's worth talking to them and you are perfectly entitled to refer yourself you dont have to go because of the doc. I think docs and midwives don't like to encourage people to go if they don't think anything is "wrong" xx

Grey - I really hope that they can help you. Like Kizzy says tell them how worried you are.....

Kizzy hi HUn ...didn't mean to miss you in earlier post....Great news that the weaning is going well.

I am going out tonight for the first time since having Nate.....Agghhhhh am a bit nervous. My dh is going to have all 3 on his own..... Am going to local balti with my good friend. XX

Enjoy your night out Beanwood! :D

I phoned the hospital and they listened to me! I told them GP wouldn't refer me unless I had extreme pain and I said I really didn't want to have that again and wanted to make sure baby was in the right place so I didn't lose another tube...they listened :D got a scan next Tuesday @ 1.45pm so I'll be 6+1 :D

Yay Go Grey! :happydance::happydance: So pleased you got your scan booked- how exciting as it's not long :)

Kizzy- good work on the weaning sounds like it's going well for you :thumbup:

Beanwood- have a fab night out, DH will be fine so you enjoy yourself! :happydance:

Kizzy--so glad you got to have a fabulous long weekend together as a little family! And excellent news on G's weaning, she sounds like she is having a great time trying new foods! Tooth #4 already, wow!! We are still waiting on #1 to break through! And :thumbup: on the hair, can't wait to see updated pics!

Milos--glad Callum enjoyed his chicken!! It is so neat to see them trying and enjoying new things! Happy 6 months to your little man btw!!

Grey--I am so, so glad that you called the EPU and have an early scan scheduled, that is so wonderful!! With all you have been through, you absolutely deserve an early scan!! Keeping you in my thoughts for next Tuesday hun!

Bean--enjoy your night out!! You have earned it, and I hope you have a fabulous time!!

:hi: to everyone else!

AFM: Not much to report, Grace is doing well! Thank you all for your kind words about her Easter Bunny pics! I have to do a quilt piece for her daycare by Friday and am a bit beside myself, I have ZERO creative skills in that area! I just know I'm going to be gluing frantically tomorrow night! lol

Hi ladies and welcome Grey! :)

Sorry it's been so long since my update/announcement. I've actually been unable to type well because the night before my scheduled c section, a blood vessel INSIDE my right eye burst (apparently pregnancy was rough on my diabetes and eyes). Since Selah's birth, I have had several eye dilations and a laser procedure where they shot a laser at the back a couple thousand(!) times to help it. I have an appointment at the end of this month to see if surgery is required to fix it more. To look at my eyes you wouldn't be able to tell a difference, but, when I look out my eye, it's very blurry and has several spots of blood floating inside. Scares me because there is a chance that I'll lose my vision in that eye. :( Also, because this may make it that I will not be allowed to have any more children because pregnancy will make it worse. And, of course with a baby as calm and quiet as Selah usually is, my baby rabies is in full effect for number 2.

I promised over a month ago (has it been that long already?!) a couple of pictures of my girl and I will deliver them eventually. I just need to figure out how to make the file smaller so they can be uploaded! I do post pictures on Twitter (@bethenasia) and on my blog (https://thebethchronicles.blogspot.com), so head over there and follow me to check them out!

Great news grey honey, so pleased for you!!

Bean hope you had a fab night out!!

Amber I'm with you on creative skills, they say libran's are meant to be creative but that must have passed me by!!

Beth, you poor thing, sounds horrific, not what you need with a new baby altho sounds like she is a good girl which is great, big hugs xx

Afm still waiting to hear from my work about my redundancy, so annoyed it's been 4 weeks since I went to see them!! I just want it all confirmed (and my money) now so I can move on! Going to have to write a cv for the first time in over 7 years tho, urgh!! In other news have booked a smear test for next week, been a while since I had one and you'd think afterchildbirth I wouldn't be nervous at all but...

Ugh Kizzy - I know what you mean I think I am due a smear and I am still dreading the mere thought of it! I am pathetic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->