Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Sparkle - so sorry to hear of your loss, love to you and your family xx

Bean - sounds like you are having a difficult time with your parents, it is such a shame it is making you feel upset when you should be loving your time with Nate. I hope they sort it out soon x

Feisty - FXed for your repeat bloods x

OOps missed a whole page before posting that!

Shell - 2 teeth and BFing you are brave - I am dreading Callum's appearing but we are getting a bit better with the bottle so if he does start biting it will be bottle or nothing! Your new job sounds great much better for family life.

Amber - 6 months old - hasn't it flown. Enjoy your day together.

Kizzy - STTN! Heaven, is she quiet all night or do you still hear her? Callum has cut out his night feeds too and I would say he 'sleeps' TTN I hear him 2-3 times gurgling on or sometimes a couple of cries then quiet again - I don't know if this is the norm? SOrry to hear about the job, are you going to be a stay at home mum or are you going to look for something new?

AFM - doing well. Shell has reminded me to tell you that I too have a new job. PArt time 2 dys a week but doing all the holiday cover so more at some times of the year than at others. Much closer to home and nursery which is great and hopefully a less stressful environment so I am very happy.
Callum is doing well up from the 25th percentile to the 50th since going up to 3 meals a day so they obviously agree with him! He is down to 4 milk feeds a day but seems to be trying to drop his mid-morning feed (he has not fed properly mid-morning for 5 days now) which seems very young but I will just have to watch his weight gain.
Otherwise all quiet here - chickenpox is rife in our area at the moment and a couple of friends LO's have it so I am watching out for the appearance of spots and avoiding too many baby groups for a few weeks to try not to catch it.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Shell thank you so much hun :flower: Keep trying to remind myself that we have more then a 95% chance of a successful pregnancy this time round :dance: Have had MIL email me to admit she has been in tears over us a lot the last few days. She really is the sweetest thing and I know it will have taken her a lot to admit that as she wouldn't want to detract from our angst. Have tried to explain the situation to her as best I can and hoping that she is feeling a little more relaxed as I am.

To all you lovelies how painful is breast feeding when those little teeth pop through?

Milos, Georgie has dropped her mid morning feed now, so she's just on 3x7 ounce bottles of formula per day plus 3 meals and I make sure she gets a little milk with breakfast or dinner (in with mashed veg etc - using regular whole cows milk, not formula) plus yogurts and cheese etc. It works quite well for us and she's certainly not hungry! Apparently they need a minimum of 20 ounces which includes yogurts etc so she's within range. I'd let him drop and see how he gets on.

Re sleeping, I don't really know how it's happened because you all know I used to be desperately tired all the time because she didn't sleep well but I think a combo of eating solids and getting into a natural routine has done the trick. sometimes she will cry out and we have to put her dummy in but more often
Than not I open one ear/one eye and listen and she settles shdin. Then of course I'm awake so I have to get up and go to the loo which means I end up checking on
Her anyway but no feeds and no fuss during the night, it's heaven! Of course sometimes it does mean early mornings (anything before 6am us too early for me) and if that happens we bring her in with us for a cuddle until 7 then give her milk :)

Oh and as for my Job I wasn't planning on returning til September so I am going to stick with that and look for a more local part time role, I was a senior manager on a fairly decent wage so I am getting a good payout which means I can be alittle more flexible and won't have a 2.5 hour daily commute anymore! Woohoo!! Xx

Sam - congrats on passing your driving test!

Feisty - bless your MIL! Im not finding BFing with teeth painful at all. Nothing could be worse than those first few days of BFing when your poor nipples havent toughened up yet!!

Milos - Congrats on your new job! Glad it will fit into your family life much better. I wouldnt worry about Callum dropping a feed either. He obviously doesnt need it anymore. Freya only has bottle feeds at 10am, 2pm and 7pm (as well as 2 short breastfeeds, which are for thirst rather than hunger). As Kizzy said, they only need a pint a day, including whole milk in cereal, yogurts, etc.

Kizzy - great news on your payout, and not having the long commute anymore. And good luck finding a new job for september.

xx

Finally - the photos of Freya I promised you all last month!

1. Freya enjoying the sunshine.
2. Freya having fun in her Jumperoo.
3. Freya getting messy with her chocolate on Easter Sunday.
4. Freya eating her favourite food - yogurt!
5. Freya standing up against her height chart on her bedroom wall.

xx

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
  • new pic.jpg
    new pic.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3
  • yog.jpg
    yog.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 7
Omg look at her standing, what a big clever girl!!
We have a similar chocolate one too :)

Feisty--Awesome news on the bloodwork! :thumbup: I hope this relieves some of the anxiety and stress you have been having over the past few days, and :hugs: to your MIL for being so concerned for you, it means so much to have good support!! I am so relieved and happy for you! :hugs:

Shell--sounds like your new job will be wonderful, and I am so happy that you are able to spend 4 days with Freya! That is the hardest thing for me right now--being away from Grace so much during the day, every minute with our little ones is so precious, and I am over the moon for you that you were able to find a job that gives you that flexibility you need to be with her! It also sounds like that job is a great fit for you and the wonderful, caring person that you are!

Freya's pictures are absolutely beautiful, btw! I think I have said it before, I swear she is the happiest baby I have ever seen (so how could she be fussy cutting teeth with a smile as gorgeous as that?!?), her smile makes me smile!!:flower:

Kizzy--So glad to hear that G is feeling better, and I hope the allergy tests give you much needed answers! I can't imagine how scary that was for you! Excellent news on the STTN!! That is awesome!! On the job front--enjoy this precious time off with Miss G, and I hope you are able to find the part time work you want when you start back again this fall!!

SamB--Congrats on passing your drivers exam!!! :happydance:

Milos--congrats on your part time job! It sounds like you also have a wonderful job that fits perfectly in your schedule so that you can spend precious time with Callum! Excellent news on his growth!! I am currently trying to up Grace to 3 meals a day (I need daycare to cooperate though, they feed her second meal late in the day so she is not hungry when we get home!). She still takes about 5-6 4 oz bottles, so 20 oz sounds right as Kizzy says, and we do mix in the breastmilk with her rice, so she is getting it that way still as well.

I hope you are able to avoid the chickenpox, we had a scare at daycare a month or so back and I was a bit frantic about Grace getting it when she was so little!

AFM: Speaking of STTN, I hope I am not jinxing myself here, but Grace has been doing that for the past week! :happydance: I just hope it sticks! She falls asleep around 8:30-9 pm and then we do a diaper change and bottle at 10:30, then she is pretty much asleep (we still co-sleep) until 6 am when DH gets up. I have not had to do the 3-4 am trips with her downstairs in well over a week! We have had a couple nights where she has woke wanting a little milk, but then she falls right back asleep. We are very happy and I hope that this will help ease her transition to her crib whenver mommy feels up to trying it again! (lord knows DH is ready to have his bed back, but I have such a hard time parting from her at night because I am apart from her all day!)

I'm also sharing a couple of Grace's 6 month old photos that we took on Saturday. We thought about getting professional pictures, but then decided that we could do just as well with our digital for a lot less! We did not as well, but good enough, haha!

Attachments

• Grace6mo1.jpg
    Grace6mo1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Grace6mo2.jpg
    Grace6mo2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Grace6mo3.jpg
    Grace6mo3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Grace6mo4.jpg
    Grace6mo4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Grace6mo5.jpg
    Grace6mo5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
Amberyll Grace is so cute! I really hope you are managing to get her to sleep through!

I really admire the strength of you ladies :flower: Leaving your little ones to earn a wage must be so hard!

I have a lot of catching up to do...been m.i.a. for way too long...I miss you all and your sweet babes...I'll post Saturday properly when OH takes Indy for a walk. It's been a rough month but things are looking up...:flower:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have spoken to a friend about it today and it has helped so much. I have been carrying that round for weeks and needed to get it off my chest.

Grand - nice to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts. X

Oh shell - what is your new job? Will you still be working with children? What lovely photos...Bless her and what a smile.

Kizzy - So glad that G is well now. Thats fab.

Sam - congrats on passing your driving test.

Milo - thats great that you are doing 2 days aswell - thats the same as me.

Feisty - thats great about the rising levels.

Amber - what lovely photos of grace aswell. Oh all these beautiful little girls.

Sparkle - thinking of you hun.

Hi to everyone else......hope I havent missed anyone.

Hey Grand - great to have you around again. HOpe things are settling down for you and your familynow x

Feisty - great blood results. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you but I am sure you won't need it!

Amber and Shellney - gorgeous piccies of your LO's and thank you both and Kizzy for the reassurance about the milk. HE actually took milk at 11 this morning but barely fed at 3 instead! Confused but probably had the same volume overall.

Sam - coongratulations on your driving test!

Kizzy - sounds like you have plenty of time to consider getting a new job and hopefully something closer to home x

AFM - big news today Callum went to bed after only having a bottle - no boobie! He would only take 5oz from the bottle and would not have any more from me or the bottle. He went to sleep fine but has just been awake after an hour of sleep grumbling and unhappy but has gone back to sleep again without feeding so hopefully he will make it through the night!

Hey ladies :hi:

Grand- welcome back, we've missed you!! Glad to hear things are looking up for you :thumbup:

Bean- hope you're doing ok, always better to get things off your chest, so stay strong :hugs:

Milosmum- yay for Callum!! Did he sleep through the night???

Sam- well done hun on passing your driving test- how exciting!

Feisty- Yay for the rising levels- all looking good for you :thumbup:

Amber- what a clever girl STTN! I hope it continues for you and lovely pics btw :)

Shell- loving the pics, sooooooooo cute!!

Kizzy- hope you and G are doing well

Sparkle- :hugs:

AFM- got my anomaly scan tomorrow- I've never been this excited and nervous at the same time!!! Can't believe I'm going to find out what were having (that's if baby is willing to show and tell!) Eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!

Xx

Ooooh exciting Sarah, what do you think you're having? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"